Any Cantillion / 3 Fontienen in Ontario / Niagara Falls area?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 4DAloveofSTOUT, Sep 10, 2018.

1. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (2,277) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Looking for onsite consumption bottles and bottle shop purchases of Cantillion / 3F wild beers while visiting Niagara Falls.

Also interested in what your favorite beer drinking locations that are near Niagara Falls and good places to eat as well.

Will to drive about an hour or two from Niagara falls for good beer.

Thanks for any information you have about places to visit.
    Cheers!

#1 4DAloveofSTOUT, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Crusader (714) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

On site, I doubt anywhere near the Falls. In Toronto you’ll find a couple places if you have plans to come that far. It is pricey though. Birrera Volo in Toronto would be the best bet. You can check their website for current table bottles.

On the rare occasions when available at the LCBO (government liquor stores), it sells out online in seconds. There are no private bottle shops in Ontario. You might find some people willing to trade from their cellars. If you are interested in trading, the ISO:FT Canada Facebook trade group is the best place to look. Very little trading in Canada happens through this site anymore.

I’m sure others can help better regarding places to eat and drink near the Falls.

If you are willing to drive to Toronto, Bellwoods is one of the top breweries in Canada. They do great IPAs and Sours. If you can only get to one place to drink beer in Southern Ontario, Bellwoods is the place.

Cheers.

4DAloveofSTOUT and dabeerbuddha like this.
  3. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Crusader (714) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

If you are coming up later this month, Cantillon will be at Witchstock, the festival at Bellwoods with a number of other fantastic breweries from around the world. There may be tickets still available. I believe 29th/30th September.

dabeerbuddha likes this.
  4. dabeerbuddha

dabeerbuddha Aspirant (296) Feb 4, 2016 Ontario (Canada)

I second what Coronaeus said.
    Birrieria Volo is your best bet.
    Sept 29 is Witchstock and Cantillon is pouring there as are a couple other heavy hitters .
    September 29 is also Cantillon Zwanze day which is being held at Volo. They are pouring 6 Cantillon beers and 4 Tilquin. Hard to be that if you are in the area. Again, as Coronaeus said, it is not cheap but the selection is hard to beat. Even on a regular day they have cellar bottles available for anywhere from $70-100 CAD depending.
    Information here - https://www.birreriavolo.com/news/zwanze2018 .

4DAloveofSTOUT, Coronaeus and GJKerr like this.
  5. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (2,277) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks for all the info guys! very helpful. I am heading up to canada closer to mid september, so I will miss the festival. Sounds like a great festival to go to!

Coronaeus likes this.