Any chance of Sierra Nevada Vienna Lager going year-round?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Davidstan, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dools9

Dools9 Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Vienna Lager was excellent stuff, would love to see it back.

2. BillManley

BillManley Jul 2, 2008 North Carolina

We've brewed it a few times in the past... even won an award or two.
    This one, from the 2010 World Beer Cup, for instance:
    Category 23: German-Style Pilsener, 69 entries
    Gold: Pilsner, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, CA

TongoRad likes this.
  3. sefus12

sefus12 Sep 7, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

A year-round German Pils (FAR under-appreciated style IMO) in cans from Sierra Nevada!?!?!

This just made my week.

4. steveh

steveh Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Society

But not widely available? I ask because I don't believe I've ever had the good fortune to try it. Yet.

5. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Is it anything like the WBC winner?

6. LCB_Hostage

LCB_Hostage Jan 30, 2013 Pennsylvania

If you can get Great Lakes products around you, try the Eliot Ness. They label it as an "amber lager" but it's a Vienna. A very, very tasty beer, and it's available year round. (Of course, given your obvious prediliction for lagers, you probably know all about this already -- never mind.)

ESHBG and Davidstan like this.
  7. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Another high quality Vienna Lager is brewed by Devil's Backbone.

Cheers!

hopfenunmaltz likes this.
  8. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Society

I see above it is. That was a wonderful German Pils.

9. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Another big vote for bringing back Vienna Lager.

I was happy as hell to see Tumbler back this season – even just in mixpack form. Easily one of my top 3 brown ales in the country.

10. Dools9

Dools9 Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Get rid of flipside and make it the new fall seasonal, switch flipside to the variety pack. Probably wont happen but that's what I'd like to see.

ESHBG likes this.
  11. Davidstan

Davidstan May 24, 2014 Alabama
    Trader

That's funny. Friend of mine is bringing some Eliot Ness back from GRap next week.

12. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Sep 14, 2011 Missouri

Agree with the sentiment of Vienna. The Oktoberfest on the other hand was not so good. They definitely tried something different so I will give them credit for that, but if Vienna was spot on for the style, Oktoberfest was spot-off. But I still love Sierra Nevada all the same.

Davidstan likes this.
  13. ESHBG

ESHBG Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

Another vote for the Vienna Lager, I loved it! And I've said this in a few threads now but worth repeating here: it would be nice to see Glissade make a comeback and if nothing else, maybe in the spring mixed pack? :grinning:

Definitely looking forward to the Nooner Pils, I am a huge Pilsner fan and it's one of my go to styles. SN does hoppy beers well but they can clearly do non-hoppy beers well too so I definitely want to see some more from them!

Not a bad idea at all. Flipside is okay but not different enough from their other beers in my opinion and I'd rather see a solid Lager for a Fall seasonal than yet another IPA in the market.

Dools9 likes this.
  14. BrewerB

BrewerB Mar 5, 2008 North Carolina

I really enjoyed Vienna Lager as well. Really digging the Sierra Nevada variety 12 packs, in general. Keep them coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.