Any good beer stops near Outer Banks NC?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by whitemomba, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitemomba

whitemomba Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Virginia

Headed to the outer banks area tomorrow. Any good beer stops worth stopping in? Or....anyone have some mexican cake they'd be able to IP trade? haha

2. Head-high

Head-high Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2012 Virginia

SweetTs in Duck, Chip's and Trio Mile post 6ish.

3. sammy806

sammy806 Aspirant (277) Feb 29, 2008 Maryland

Totally agree with everything Head-high posted. If you get the chance, head over to Full Moon Cafe in Manteo. They recently added a small on-site brewery. You can reserve a spot for their brewery 'tour' on Tuesdays. I spent the whole tour sitting on a bar stool while the owner/brewer pointed out the different steps of the brewing process of their behind the bar brewery. If I remember correctly, believe it was about $20 pp but you also get a serving of their beer battered fish and chips which where pretty tasty.

4. sammy806

sammy806 Aspirant (277) Feb 29, 2008 Maryland

Correction. The brewery tour at Full Moon Cafe is Tuesdays at 2 and it is Free but reservations are 'required'. The tour I had a chance to take, which is not showing on their website at this time, was the Brew and Chew Tour.

5. Tacoboomerang

Tacoboomerang Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 Virginia

Outer Banks Banks Brewing Station is a good place to grab some food and pint.

rvajohn likes this.
  6. whitemomba

whitemomba Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Virginia

Thanks for the suggestions.

7. unionturf

unionturf Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2007 North Carolina

Chips and the OBX Brewing Station are good stops. The OBX Brew Station while a brew pub is a AWESOME restaurant! For the past 3 years we have done bike rides there, and we have ate there 2-3 times as the food is that good.

[​IMG]

Tacoboomerang and Head-high like this.
  8. karzar5

karzar5 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2005 North Carolina

Not so much a beer mecca or anything, but if you want some great food I suggest checking out The Brine and Bottle. Phenomenal food.

johnsonni likes this.
  9. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Virginia
    Deactivated

Agreed, great food and some decent beers as well. Aqua, Blue Point and Roadside in Duck also have great food and a decent rotating beer list.

I would honestly not reccomend Sweet T's if you want to buy sixers (they have a few taps though), it's extremely overpriced and all the bottles are sold individually, you do get a small discount if you get 6 but it's still going to expensive. If you are in Duck, I'd reccomend going to Wee Winks, the selection isn't huge but they carry beers from Sweetwater, Founders, Ska, 21st Amendment, Mother Earth, Blue Mountain, Terrapin, Oskar Blues, Duck Rabbit and others (~$10/sixer).

10. johnsonni

johnsonni Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2012 North Carolina

I'll have some Mexican Cake next Saturday, but I'll be in Raleigh....its a pretty long haul from there to OBX. Will be in the OBX June 12th-16th....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.