Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Latin America Any good beers in Peru?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by 24mikey, Jun 5, 2013.

1. 24mikey

Going in July (Lima , Cusco & Machu Pichu) .

2. wordemupg

Subscriber Beer Trader

3. pedrufa

I am also visiting Peru later this year and I started doing my research. There are few microbreweries in the country, but I will be looking for them:

- Cerveceria Barbarian
    - Cerveceria de Tomas
    - Cerveceria Aldon
    - Barranco Beer Company
    - Sierra Andina

The first one is available in some pubs and restaurants around Lima (including fine dining places owned by chefs like Gaston Acurio). DeTomas seems to be the first of them to open. Barranco is opening the brewery (or brewpub) in mid-June. Sierra Andina is brewed near Huaraz but I think some delis in Lima might sell them.

Try Facebook and Google for more info, I haven't gone that deep in my research yet :(

I think there are a few more and I will contact peruvian homebrewers soon, so if I get more info, I'll share here :)

Oh, and Chicha in Cuzco, of course :)

4. pedrufa

Cerveceria Cumbres is another one. They brew with peruvian ingredients like quinoa and maiz morada.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe