Latin America Any good beers in Peru?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by 24mikey, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24mikey

24mikey Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2008 Connecticut

Going in July (Lima , Cusco & Machu Pichu) .

2. wordemupg

wordemupg Poo-Bah (3,714) Feb 11, 2009 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber Beer Trader

3. pedrufa

pedrufa Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2007 Brazil

I am also visiting Peru later this year and I started doing my research. There are few microbreweries in the country, but I will be looking for them:

- Cerveceria Barbarian
    - Cerveceria de Tomas
    - Cerveceria Aldon
    - Barranco Beer Company
    - Sierra Andina

The first one is available in some pubs and restaurants around Lima (including fine dining places owned by chefs like Gaston Acurio). DeTomas seems to be the first of them to open. Barranco is opening the brewery (or brewpub) in mid-June. Sierra Andina is brewed near Huaraz but I think some delis in Lima might sell them.

Try Facebook and Google for more info, I haven't gone that deep in my research yet :(

I think there are a few more and I will contact peruvian homebrewers soon, so if I get more info, I'll share here :)

Oh, and Chicha in Cuzco, of course :)

4. pedrufa

pedrufa Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2007 Brazil

Cerveceria Cumbres is another one. They brew with peruvian ingredients like quinoa and maiz morada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe