Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Any suggestions for must see beer attractions along the I95 corridor between Virginia and Florida?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by bulldogbrewhaus, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldogbrewhaus

bulldogbrewhaus Sep 17, 2012 Virginia

Doing the Disney thing with the ol' lady and her family, leaving tonight. We are planning on hitting the obvious spots (Cigar City etc...), but does anyone have any suggestions for lesser know gems along the I95 corridor? Closer to 95 the better as I must convince said ol' lady. Cheers and thanks in advance for the tips.

gjoker321 likes this.
  2. OldStyleCubFan

OldStyleCubFan Jun 2, 2005 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Not a great stop but if you are near Fayetteville, NC - Huske Hardware (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/7722) is a very easy stop for lunch or dinner off 95. The way the exists work around fayetteville you can take I-95B/301 and do a slight detour to downtown and only add about 5 miles. Its an above average brewpub...very kid friendly. Check the map, you can see how it doesn't add much mileage but it might feel like it. I think current 95 was the 'bypass' at one point and 95B/301 is old 95.

3. BKnarr

BKnarr Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Definitely drop into Jacksonville for Intuition Brewing and Beer:30 bottle shop. Within blocks of each other and less than a mile off the interstate.

dcs1548 likes this.
  4. ewright

ewright Oct 25, 2007 North Carolina

There is nothing...NOTHING... near I95 in SC and GA. You get near civilization just west of Savannah, but the rest of the time, you're in swampland!

5. stereosforgeeks

stereosforgeeks Jul 10, 2005 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Hardywood is off 95 in richmond. as is center of the universe brewing.

6. nickfl

nickfl Mar 7, 2006 Florida
    Beer Trader

Kickbacks, Bold City and Grassroots Market are right there near Intuition as well. Aardwolf Brewing is just a few blocks from I-95 on the other side of the river (they aren't brewing quite yet, but the taproom is open).

Make sure you stop by Knightly Spirits while you are in Orlando. They aren't too far from I-4 and their selection is well worth checking out.

dcs1548 likes this.
  7. Tacoboomerang

Tacoboomerang Jan 28, 2013 Virginia

OP is from Virginia

8. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I would rather send him to Mash House. Honey Badger is long hone (and by far their best beer), Sour Patch is good but not worth it. Mash House makes really good stuff, and their fruit beers are interesting.

9. gjoker321

gjoker321 Dec 26, 2007 Florida
    Beer Trader

Wait, Cigar City is nowhere near I-95....

10. gjoker321

gjoker321 Dec 26, 2007 Florida
    Beer Trader

Ohhh and Red Light, Red Light in Orlando is around the corner from Disney and the best beer bar in Orlando bar none.

11. MasterfulIdiot

MasterfulIdiot Sep 15, 2010 Netherlands

That's what I was thinking.....

gjoker321 likes this.
  12. bulldogbrewhaus

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have been to hardywood. It is excellent. Cigar city is not that close to I95, but I am visiting a friend in Sarasota so Cigar City is on the way. The jacksonville suggestions look good and convienent. Cheers!

13. bulldogbrewhaus

Roadkilll armadillo land haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe