Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Canada Anybody up for a few beers in St Johns Newfoundland???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by merc7186, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merc7186

merc7186 Dec 5, 2010 New York

Buffalo New York guy coming into the area from Feb.10-13th possibly. My company is sending me up there to train a new area rep... I will probably bring some bottles and a 4 pack of Heady Topper with me to pass the time. Interested, hit me up.

2. bylerteck

bylerteck May 17, 2009 Ontario (Canada)
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Everybody in Newfoundland is up for a few beers. You just won't be able to understand them.

NeoSmeers, dresden, merc7186 and 4 others like this.
  3. UXO

UXO Feb 3, 2014 Newfoundland (Canada)

You had me at Heady Topper - drop me a line!

4. Groulxsome

Groulxsome Apr 9, 2010 Ontario (Canada)

merc7186 likes this.
  5. MikeinNL

MikeinNL Feb 3, 2014

I live downtown and could definitely meet up on those dates.

6. Allan_Johnson

Allan_Johnson Sep 10, 2013 Newfoundland (Canada)

Certainly would be willing to meet up and work out a trade. There's actually a
    Weihenstephaner beer tasting on February 12th at one of the local breweries. Send me a pm if you want to meet up or have any questions about the local scene.

7. merc7186

Son of a....
    As always, my company managed to screw things up for me. St Johns is completely dead...I am spending Monday night way way way up in St Anthony, then Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Deer Lake. Im still bringing Heady with me because according to BA, anything outside of St Johns is a beer wasteland. :(

8. merc7186

Any BAs in Deer Lake??? Desperate to crack bottles as basement has too much beer in it. #firstworldproblem

9. skibum69

skibum69 Oct 15, 2011 Newfoundland (Canada)

Hey Merc, drop in on the beerthief.ca forum and say hi, it's our local forum. There is also a Beerthief (one word) Facebook page. too bad it wasn't March, we have an event in Corner Brook on the weekend of the 8/9th. I'll see what members we have in that area and send you a PM. Are you connecting through St. John's? I'll be around town on a couple of those days and could meet you for a beer. I'm "beerthief" on our forum.

10. merc7186

I appreciate it....would gladly drive down to Corner Brook to meet up with people. Was planning on bringing a 4 pack of Heady and two Lost Abbey track set beers with me...something to keep my company in the hotel as bars seems to be scarce where I am staying. LOL

11. merc7186

Pending Approval. Thanks again for the heads up. Also, congrats on the Level 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe