Anyone ever had the Elk Frost from Elysian?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Devonben07, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devonben07

Devonben07 Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2012 Washington

You wont even find it on their website. As a matter of fact (well i think it's fact), it's not even found it on this website. If you have ever been to the Snorting Elk Cellar located in the Crystal Mountain Sky Resort in Crystal, Washington, then you have seen it tapped and/or in a cask on the bar. Elk Frost stands at about 7.8% and is a really heavy winter beer.

2. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Zealot (511) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

I can't remember if I've had Elk Frost. I attended a winter fest at their Capitol Hill brewpub and had a few BiFrost derivatives. I do remember Jack Frost, Bye-Bye Frost, Oak Frost. Man, I hope they hold this again.

3. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Washington

They weren't pouring it at the Capitol Hill location on Saturday. Have never had it myself.

4. BlueSpader

BlueSpader Devotee (440) Jul 19, 2014 Washington

Had it at the Summit Restaurant at Crystal Mountain, WA. The waiter said it's a version of Elysian BiFrost.

5. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Aspirant (223) Jun 3, 2005 Oregon

Does anyone ever have anything Elysian anymore? To be fair, you probably couldn't have predicted their demise in November 2012.

beertunes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe