Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Anyone ever had the Elk Frost from Elysian?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Devonben07, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Devonben07

You wont even find it on their website. As a matter of fact (well i think it's fact), it's not even found it on this website. If you have ever been to the Snorting Elk Cellar located in the Crystal Mountain Sky Resort in Crystal, Washington, then you have seen it tapped and/or in a cask on the bar. Elk Frost stands at about 7.8% and is a really heavy winter beer.

2. BuckeyeOne

I can't remember if I've had Elk Frost. I attended a winter fest at their Capitol Hill brewpub and had a few BiFrost derivatives. I do remember Jack Frost, Bye-Bye Frost, Oak Frost. Man, I hope they hold this again.

3. Lordkrystic

They weren't pouring it at the Capitol Hill location on Saturday. Have never had it myself.

4. BlueSpader

Had it at the Summit Restaurant at Crystal Mountain, WA. The waiter said it's a version of Elysian BiFrost.

5. RedMedicine

Does anyone ever have anything Elysian anymore? To be fair, you probably couldn't have predicted their demise in November 2012.

beertunes likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe