Anyone going to chicago beer fest at union station?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by C2H5, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C2H5

C2H5 Disciple (337) Jan 7, 2012 Illinois

Is it worth the 40$ entry fee, anyone going?

2. mishuggah

mishuggah Initiate (149) Jul 14, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

If none of these three points raise a red flag, you should go ahead and check it out.

1. The website is published under private registration. Who's promoting this event? Obviously they don't want you to know as it is nowhere to be found.

2. It appears by the promo video that you must attend DePaul to get in.

3. Chick Beer will be there

C2H5 likes this.
  3. C2H5

C2H5 Disciple (337) Jan 7, 2012 Illinois

Chick beer...

4. Vav

Vav Aspirant (266) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Example of Bad Marketing: I heard about it for the first time Thursday.

/justsayin

5. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

no full taplist published, and what i did see by announcements on their facebook page it was nothing special

mecummins likes this.
  6. ravot

ravot Disciple (363) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

mishugga, what will you be wearing, so as to approach you.

7. Vav

Vav Aspirant (266) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Clown suit would be my guess.

mishuggah and ravot like this.
  8. Thedaver4220

Thedaver4220 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Illinois

I went to the one they had back in March and it wasn't anything special. GI had some BCBS but it was gone in like 5 minutes. It was really just all the breweries year round or flagship beers. Nothing really made this event special.

9. mishuggah

mishuggah Initiate (149) Jul 14, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Actually, I was planning on wearing my pink velour chick beer track suit. Should be pretty easy to spot me. I will also be attending with my newly delivered Russian mail order bride. Hope that helps.

10. 2BDChicago

2BDChicago Aspirant (201) Nov 21, 2010 Illinois

In my personal filtering of deceiding what fests to attend, I categorize them this way.

#1) Special releases or occasions by brewerys (ex: DL, Darkness, KBS, Bells All Stouts Day).
    #2) Brewers organization events (ex: IL and MI brewers guild fests like FOBAB and Yipsi Summer Fest).
    #3) Long stand craft beer events, many trace back to home brew clubs (Great Taste of Midwest in Madison).
    #4) Community groups have discovered craft beer, and I OK with these esp if it's in my neck of the woods.

What's starting to creep in to the world of beer fests are "for profit" promoters...which I am far less interested in. I'd rather patronize my local bars who are hosting tap take-overs and other brewer or craft beer themed events.

If I am not mistaken, the event at Union Station is a West Coast promoter.

BreakingBad likes this.
  11. toolbrew

toolbrew Champion (882) Feb 26, 2008 Indiana
    Society Trader

I will be going...but I got a free ticket. Otherwise I'm focusing on the Hoptacular

12. Chrixsus

Chrixsus Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 Illinois

HELP!

I am searching for (2) tickets to the Chicago Beer Fest @ Union Station on Sat. Mar. 30th for either the 1 PM or 6 PM session.

I have just returned from active duty with the Navy in the Middle East and would really like to enjoy this event with my brother.

I will pay more than the ticket price if necessary. I will pay in cash. I will arrange pick-up of the tickets at a time and location most convenient for the seller.

THANK YOU!!!

p.s. Just reply to me on this site...thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.