Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Anyone here ever volunteer at Ranger Creek

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by fivehoursfree, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fivehoursfree

fivehoursfree Jul 18, 2010 Texas

I have some significant time off coming up, and they have some bottling days the next two weeks. I'm thinking about volunteering a day, but wanted to know what kind of vibe it is. I don't mind doing the repetitive tasks, or standing up all day, but wanted to know if it is fun, or if it essentially slave labor.

Thanks in advance.

2. squirrely2005

squirrely2005 Aug 26, 2011 Texas

From a friend that went I heard its pretty cool. I've wanted to go but always work on days they do it

3. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

It's definitely tedious work, but the RC guys are cool as hell and a lot of fun to hang out with. And they'll give you free beer.

4. mhenson42

mhenson42 Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Is that a promise or a threat?

5. MrLupulos

MrLupulos Jul 28, 2007 Texas

Thats pretty cool that RC does that, I have a friend that did a whole week in Deep Ellum, Dallas TX and he had a blast. I wouldn't mind volunteering for a whole week at a brewery that be so awesome, unfortunately don't have that many days off. I've contacted several breweries in Austin a while back ago to see if they took volunteers but I never heard back I think Uncle Billy's was the only one to responded back and they didn't have any opening for a volunteer. I might have to hit up some of the new guys here in Austin see if they take me in for some volunteer work.

6. fivehoursfree

fivehoursfree Jul 18, 2010 Texas

7. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Anybody looking to bottle beer for free is welcome to come to my house and help bottle homebrew. I will also give you free beer.

Krumb likes this.
  8. MrLupulos

MrLupulos Jul 28, 2007 Texas

Haha good try, bottling is my least favorite part of homebrewing. Actually not so much bottling but cleaning the actual bottles is what i dislike the most. Thats a sacrifice im willing to make to my beer out to my friends, i might have to get them to help out more often if they want my beer.

9. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

Why anyone would want to do manual labor for free is beyond me.

Didn't they have a kickstarter for a bottling line?

10. Ford

Ford Sep 8, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

It might be time to look into setting up a canning line in your garage.

11. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Because manual labor is rewarding in it own right. And they give you beer and some places also feed you. Not to mention you get to check out the operation from the inside and talk to the people who work there.

mrkmrk, westxbk and kmello69 like this.
  12. kmello69

kmello69 Nov 27, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

And socialize. That's always fun too.

starkmarvelo likes this.
  13. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Sep 30, 2007 Texas

and maybe, y know, learn something.

Sorta like an internship.

starkmarvelo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe