Anyone in Richmond VA have a Mexican Cake for a Bottle Share?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by VeganUndead, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeganUndead

VeganUndead Poo-Bah (2,097) Apr 25, 2012 Virginia
    Society

Trying to set up a blind taste test with Hunahpu vs. Abraxas vs. Mexican Cake, and possibly throw in a chocolate sombrero just for fun. Need a MC to complete this feat though, so need a bottle and participants. Any takers? Also willing to do a trade, but don't have much to offer at the moment for bait, someone help!

2. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

If my two weren't already committed to good trade partners I'd help out. That said, there should be a good amount of MC in RVA. I would try post this on the RVA beer tastes and trades group on Facebook. Good luck!

ncaudle likes this.
  3. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

what, don't want to pit Chocolate Heat up against those? haha

4. VeganUndead

Society

Adding chocolate heat imo would be similar to adding chocolate sombrero to it, they're just not on par with the others. Now I haven't had mexican cake, but abraxas and hunahpu are far superior

5. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

Mexican Cake doesn't have the mouthfeel of a Huna or Abraxas, but I actually prefer the pepper heat in MC. It really is spot on. All are fantastic, but BA Abraxas kills them all. Looking forward to trying that one again tonight :wink:

ncaudle likes this.
  6. VeganUndead

Society

Where are we hanging out tonight?

Hanzo likes this.
  7. raverjames

raverjames Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2003 Virginia

Just wait till you try BAMC. It is tits.

ncaudle and Shilt like this.
  8. whitemomba

whitemomba Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Virginia

I could bring one to the cause. Anyone headed to the bacon fest tomorrow?

9. VeganUndead

Society

Shout out to cw577enfield for helping me complete this lineup. Taking nclaude's advice I added chocolate heat to the list, mainly just because 5 looked better than 4 for a taste test.

Battle Royale:
    Hunahpu
    Abraxas
    Mexican Cake
    Chocolate Sombrero
    Chocolate Heat

And yes that's the order I expect my ranking to be in that order after tasting them all, so now I just need an excuse to open all this money worth of beer...more than willing to turn this into a bottle share...anyone?....

Cheers

10. whitemomba

whitemomba Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Virginia

11. cw577enfield

cw577enfield Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Virginia

I think Chocolate Heat's going to be a serious outlier for your tasting. However, have a great time with these bottles!

Shilt likes this.
  12. tabascosigned

tabascosigned Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2012 Virginia

any store sightings of Mexican Cake in RVA?

13. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (678) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

You'll have to post the results after your tasting here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be curious about the outcome. Cheers!!

14. cw577enfield

cw577enfield Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Virginia

I don't think Mexican Cake gets distro to RVA?

15. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

Westbrook doesnt come to VA

16. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2011 Massachusetts

Yea, my understanding is that M.C. was only distributed in S.C., GA., and Alabama. I've got a couple of bottles of said Mexi Cake, but unfortunately working 3rd shift limits my bottle sharing/blind tests to Friday or Saturday only. Also, my next 4 weekends are tied up : Beach Trip, Brew Bern Beer Festival, Summertime Brews Fest, and a Beer Dinner; otherwise I'd consider the trip. Every good RedNeck needs to make at least one trip to the former capital of the confederacy.:sunglasses: Cheers !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.