Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Anyone know where to get Citra rhizomes?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by driftlessbrewin, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driftlessbrewin

driftlessbrewin Jan 27, 2011 Minnesota

With the major shortage coming for this variety I am ready to start growing my own. Anyone know what I can get some Citra rhizomes?
  2. nathanjohnson

nathanjohnson Aug 5, 2007 Vermont

You can't. They're licensed to commercial farms for growing due to their proprietary nature.
    EdH likes this.
  3. kjyost

kjyost May 4, 2008 Manitoba (Canada)

Find a farm that has Citra. Dig up a plant under cover of darkness. Otherwise the above statement is true.
  4. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt May 25, 2005 Nebraska

where do you guys buy rhizomes from in general?
  5. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

There are a couple sites that sell hops along with rhizomes. Haven't personally purchased any rhizomes, but really looking forward to it at some point.
  6. jmich24

jmich24 Jan 28, 2010 Michigan

Look up Great Lakes Hops, they sell a crown(actual plant) rather than rhizome(root cutting).
  7. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Make an inside connection at Sierra Nevada. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!