Anything good in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'South' started by MichaelBurns, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holzwama

holzwama Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2015 Minnesota

That's what I was looking for. Someone had said they got a case, so I was curious. Comes in 12 oz cans. What's it trade for?
    I'd love to get some.

2. ElChuques

ElChuques Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2014 Arkansas

I don't really keep up with the trade scene. I sent some to some friends. It's $5 per can for whatever that means. Maybe one of the Northwest locals will set you up. If you make it down to Little Rock, I have one for you.

3. holzwama

Once it gets closer, I'll have to get a little bit more involved. The game is Nov 12. I'd love to find someone that would trade at the tailgate.
    We'll see what happens. Good info though.
    Thanks

4. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fossil Cove just released a chocolate stout aged in wine barrels. I bought a bottle at the brewery. Would to love to tell you how I feet about but I haven;t cracked the bottle & they ran out of the beer when I went to get my second beer of the night, silly me...

ElChuques likes this.
  5. donspublic

donspublic Grand Pooh-Bah (3,478) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Heading to Hot Springs this weekend, they have a new beer store Craft Beer Cellar, hoping it is open, looks like they have a pretty good amount of taps. Hopefully it will be an oasis in the desert. Looks like they are carrying Elk Valley and Off Color, so hopefully they will have a good selection

russpowell and ElChuques like this.
  6. donspublic

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ok Hot Springs has a pretty cool beer place now Craft Beer Cellar shows some promise. I didn't make it into Superior BathHouse this trip, but they didn't need my help. While walking around downtown they had a line out the front. The only thing that may hurt the CBC is that they are a little off of downtown. Hopefully the locals will embrace them and keep them going. Had a good time there and dropped some $$ on some beer to bring home. (Also that Belgian Golden Ale from Ozark, man that is good. Glad I have a friend of my daughters over in Fayetteville to keep me supplied with this)

ElChuques and russpowell like this.
  7. ElChuques

Ozark Pale, when really fresh, is so friggin good! Has an awesome finish my wife describes as "like fruit loops."

Make sure your daughter's friend gets you some Ozark BDCS when it comes out.

russpowell likes this.
  8. donspublic

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My daughter and her friend met us in Hot Springs last weekend, I actually had her get 2 6 packs of the Pale Ale when she stopped in Fayetteville to pick her up friend. I tend to share what I score with the bartenders at Whole Foods and one of the girls there loved that beer, so I BIF'd her a couple of six packs. If you remember when it comes out BM me so I can have her grab one.

ElChuques likes this.
  9. ElChuques

It was late February this year, so probably around that time. I'll try to remember to sound the alarm.

10. ElChuques

Lost Forty released this year's Nighty Night a couple days ago. A limited amount should be hitting distribution; not sure about NWA.

11. fooman03

fooman03 Initiate (186) May 5, 2015 Arkansas

Fairly certain it will come up here. They said 200 cases were allocated for distro.

Razrback5 and ElChuques like this.
  12. Kevin67

Kevin67 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2015 Arkansas

Guess Who? had Lost Forty's BA Rock Candy at their fill station on Saturday.

russpowell and ElChuques like this.
  13. ElChuques

I don't know, who?

kidding.

donspublic and russpowell like this.
  14. holzwama

So, planning on heading down to the Arkansas game next weekend. There is a small chance I won't make it.
    Anyway, any beer too good to miss that I need to find? I should have most of Friday to get places, but Saturday is all day football.

15. ElChuques

If you're lucky, you may find some of the Lost Forty Nighty Night that makes it up there. It's their imperial stout in rye, bourbon, and wine barrels.

Other than that, I'd say check out Ozark Beer Co.

russpowell likes this.
  16. holzwama

Doesn't seem to be much trading going on in the IP forum. Is it worth bringing anything?

17. ElChuques

There is a good group of dudes up there, and a few do some heavy trading. I don't think they're on here, though. There is a Beer Geeks of Arkansas FB group, and I think some use Reddit.

18. holzwama

Staying in Joplin tonight all day tomorrow around Fayetteville. Any sours or other beer to run and grab tomorrow? Anything special out right now down here.

19. AugustWest1

AugustWest1 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2016 Texas

I was in town last week for the Florida game. I went with some friends to Ozark brewery. Its definitely a no frills set up, but the beer is great. Best in Arkansas in my opinion. The coffee stout was superb.
    Temperature was in the low 70's last week. Unfortunately I think you're going to catch a cold spell if you're coming in for the LSU game. And you're probably not going to see much scoring as LSU DEFENSE is pretty stout.

20. taplebr

taplebr Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

Hit up Walton Blvd Wine & Spirits. Just landed Lost Forty Nighty Night. Also hit Macadoodles (they have Lost Forty Snake Party).

And definitely hit Ozark (in Rogers) and Puritan in Fayetteville. The Onyx Coffee stout by Ozark is great.

russpowell, ElChuques and holzwama like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.