Anything good in or near Alta Loma?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by traction, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traction

traction Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

I just got word that I have to leave for work in a couple days to help out on a project in Alta Loma, CA. Are there any good bottle shops/breweries in the area?

This will be my first time in California and I know exactly nothing about the beer scene there. According to Google it is about 45 minutes from Los Angeles. I don't know how much free time I will have so I don't want to commute much further than that but the closer the better.

Anyone have any suggestions on places close by with a good variety I should check out?

2. erichxedge

erichxedge Crusader (451) Nov 29, 2009 California

There are quite a few breweries close to that area … Claremont Craft Ales is around 15 minutes from there with good beers and always has some sort of food truck around there. Also in Claremont is The Back Abbey which has a great Belgian beer selection (and one of my favorite burgers on EARTH), the owners also own a spot called Union on Yale which usually has some decent beers. Eureka is also in that area for some good taps and burgers.

Rancho Cucamonga is close as well and there are a few breweries all within walking distance of each other (No Clue Brew / Hamilton Family / Sour Cellars / Kings Brewing) … They are all pretty mediocre in my opinion, but fun to go and check out. Those are around 10 min from where you are.

Red Carpet Wine and Spirits in RC for bottles and cans. I used to frequent that place when I lived there. Go on a hike around the Claremont loop trail, and go to Dr Strange records to shop for vinyl.

45 minutes to LA at 3am with no traffic. Over an hour with moderate traffic. Don't even try to go to LA during rush hour. You can always take the train (Metrolink) out of Claremont into Union Station, and the Arts District is adjacent to there with breweries and bars galore.

JeffTD and Dka67 like this.
  3. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2017 California

I thought Hamilton was alright. Maybe not mindblowing, but it's a brewery I wouldn't mind too much as my regular pub.

4. GoRacerXGo

GoRacerXGo Initiate (182) Oct 30, 2017 California

Don't forget about Homage Brewing in Pomona. Should take you less than 30 mins even in traffic.

dirtyhalos likes this.
  5. sarredo

sarredo Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Homage in Pomona is a mist. If you are going to drive, you would be better to head to Orange County and hit Bottle Logic, Bruery, Green Cheek, etc. Don't forget Whisper House in Claremont, good taplist of SoCal craft beer.

6. antsmarching777

antsmarching777 Aspirant (248) Apr 14, 2009 California

Homage, Claremont Craft, and Rescue Brewing if you're staying local. Otherwise, get to Orange County for Green Cheek and Bottle Logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.