Aslin Beer Co. Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dirtyhands, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Initiate (131) Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia

For what it's worth, I know many people were there thinking about trades. I heard people openly discussing it. Tougher to trade growlers.

2. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

They have been very proactive about making changes to try and accommodate their customers, I'm guessing they will make some changes. They did say that they based the limits off of the past releases, they did not sell out of cans at the previous 2 Thursday's.

If anything is unfair about their can releases it's the mug club deal: no lines, pick up whenever and the guarantee of a full allotment at EVERY release.

3. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Initiate (131) Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia

Completely disagree. Mug club members paid for that service and benefit. Am I envious? Yep, but I also wish more breweries did this.

4. MyThoughtsExactly

MyThoughtsExactly Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2015 Virginia

Didn't they sell out on Friday for those releases? Would they really increase limits because they didn't sell out in a single day?

5. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (341) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

If the only reason they're open is to sell the remaining cans, then maybe.

6. MyThoughtsExactly

I figured that could be a reason, but they seem to open for fills on Friday and Saturday.

7. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (829) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

I love Aslin and I will never forget early 2016 and those juicebombs they dropped on my virgin palate.

But considering I can walk to a few stores nearby and grab singlecut cans, or drive down to Richmond and load my entire trunk on no limit lupulin soldiers, I will wait patiently for Aslin to increase production to appease the thirsty masses.

Aslin bros I know you are listening. Production out in the 'burbs, brewpub in the city. Fuck the U.S. Mint, you guys will be printing money.

thomas2357, pmarlowe and Gumbo_gravy like this.
  8. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Defender (657) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

I had to walk away from ssms at magruders. 8.99 or something a can. Love singlecut, not in love with Chevy Chase.

Brewpub would be a great idea.

Everyone that is complaint about can limits and sales on Thursday is aware that if you get to aslin around 2 on Thursday you should be good. Also Friday and SAT are typically growler fills days.

Plan your shit better and stop complaining. Aslin is on point when it comes to listening to us. Respect.

9. MyThoughtsExactly

Would you rather have 10 cans and twice as many people get cans or get 20 cans and say "plan your shit better" to all the people who get shut out?

thomas2357 and Gumbo_gravy like this.
  10. i_run_far

Deactivated

Even if its 10 cans, someone is going to get shut out at some point. Maybe they set the limits too high for the last release? If they believe that's the case, I am fairly certain they will make necessary adjustments for future releases. Last Thursday is really the first can release that I've heard complaints about so they've done pretty well at gauging the demand, imo.

11. Gumbo_gravy

Gumbo_gravy Aspirant (202) Jan 31, 2015 District of Columbia
    Trader

For what it's worth, I was only bitching about not posting the case yields. Then people can "plan their shit better"

Dirtyhands likes this.
  12. YourBoy

YourBoy Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Maryland

How does anyone have the "right" to complain about limits because they were shut out. They make all of the beers available the next day for growler fills if you want it that badly. That process will take you 10-15 minutes instead of waiting hours in line. If you are upset because you were planning to trade cans then get there earlier.

Christ.

13. MyThoughtsExactly

I agree there will always be people who are shut out and Aslin will likely make adjustments. It just seems to me that if a beer sells in an hour with several people not getting any and others walking away with excess then the release could have been done better. I wasn't at the release but I feel bad for the people who left work early on a Thursday and got nothing.

14. i_run_far

Deactivated

This is something they need to start doing again, preferably after the mug club sales. Every week someone asks on FB/Instagram and they don't respond.

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  15. fire34fighter

fire34fighter Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Virginia

Once again, you ask and they deliver. Slightly lower limits with case counts included for each beer.

16. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (829) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

They read this thread.

duceswild and siege06nd like this.
  17. Jnashed

Jnashed Initiate (188) Feb 14, 2014 Virginia

ah 100 cans per brew. that explains a lot. Good to know. Looking forward to when they have in house pours again. Any news on the new set up ?

18. GeuzeInTheHouse

GeuzeInTheHouse Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2016 District of Columbia

That's 100 cases.

19. Henryb22

Henryb22 Initiate (94) Jun 18, 2014 South Carolina
    Trader

You can get single cut in DC? Where?

20. 2dogbrew

2dogbrew Crusader (728) Mar 2, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

Check out this thread:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...discussion-thread.391379/page-34#post-5294469

[reply on where to get Single Cut]

Craft Beer Cellar on H St., Yes! Organic Market in Eastern Market, Odd Provisions in Columbia Heights are all places I know either have or had it. It's not cheap, fyi, and you're looking at $7 a can at least. We occasionally get some Triple Crossing and Veil stuff on tap up here, but no cans.

21. Henryb22

Trader

Haha that was me. I appreciate it. I asked here and then got an answer in that thread.

I tried my sister to go to aslin from DC but without a car it would be an hour there so she said no. Maybe Ill try and trade for some in the future. Let me know if any of yall want Westbrook stuff.

22. siege06nd

siege06nd Savant (982) Dec 29, 2009 Virginia

Eff the city. Aslin bros, you need to lock down some acreage in Western Loudoun and plant the seeds (literally) for that farmhouse brewery you know you want to build. Green to the max. And plenty of space for long ass lines. Farm to table and all that shit.

duceswild and njk82 like this.
  23. i_run_far

Deactivated

I heard they are keeping the current facility and opening a brewpub close by. Not sure why they would want to get into the food business but hopefully it works out if that's the case.

24. Henryb22

Trader

Makes more money I assume. People come for beer and get food and more beer. Breweries make way better margins onsite than distributing so keeping people onsite is adventageous.

#464 Henryb22, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  25. i_run_far

Deactivated

I understand the thinking/strategy behind it, I just think dealing with everything that comes with owning a restaurant could be a major headache.

26. scottDC

scottDC Aspirant (261) Jul 3, 2013 District of Columbia

I might have to hit this release just to see people purchasing $25 bottles of maple syrup with my own eyes.

Everyone knows the finest maple syrup comes from suburban virginia strip malls.

27. MyThoughtsExactly

If those sell out I'll be surprised. I was at hill farmstead when they released their bourbon barrel aged maple syrup a few years back and it didn't sell out.

Should be a good test of Aslin's hype power and NOVA drinkers willingness to buy anything that is bourbon barrel aged.

28. scottDC

Huge line but everything seemed to run smoothly. I got there just before 2 and ended up being in the middle of the line.

Just opened a Neutrino; smells great, but it's a little more bitter than I expected and does have a slight vegetal finish like some other ddh beers.

29. thomas2357

thomas2357 Initiate (191) Oct 19, 2011 Virginia

I complained last week and will give them compliments this week. They must have had a lot more beer this week. I got in line at 3:30pm and purchased by 4:15 with a full allotment. I honestly didn't think I would get anything getting in line so late, but that was the earliest I could get there and was prepared to walk away empty. Enjoying my first MOK ever and it's great!

And the maple syrup, I assumed it was a stout, had no idea it was just syrup. I didn't get it.

Lastly, the guy in the green sports car trading, he was great. Wish I could have gotten my beer before he took off. I'm a trading virgin, but there are some NE beers that I would love to try.

30. scottDC

they weren't kidding about "some hop particles" in Neutrino

[​IMG]

31. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Defender (657) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

What is the abv on the maple syrup stout? I don't feel a damn thing.

32. thomas2357

Mine was even worse, if only I knew how to post a pic.

duceswild likes this.
  33. Gumbo_gravy

Gumbo_gravy Aspirant (202) Jan 31, 2015 District of Columbia
    Trader

Pro-tip: I've found Aslin beers need to refrig condition for about a week to hit optimum flavor. The vegetal green notes kind of fade out.

FLASHMSTRC and thomas2357 like this.
  34. PComninaki

PComninaki Initiate (84) Jul 31, 2010 Virginia

interdasting...doubt i let this sit for a week though.

duceswild likes this.
  35. Beers-es

Beers-es Savant (907) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

You gotta shotgun it.

duceswild, Dirtyhands and thomas2357 like this.
  36. YourBoy

YourBoy Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Maryland

didnt buy a bottle but the maple syrup was really tasty.

37. njk82

njk82 Initiate (56) Dec 10, 2015 Virginia
    Deactivated

IPAs were both still available after 6PM with no line.

I passed on the syrup only because I've got some from another source. Bourbon aged maple syrup is legit.

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  38. i_run_far

Deactivated

I saw somewhere that the Neutrino cans were canned on 2/14, same day as Mind the Hop and MoO. If that's true, kind of explains why there was a lot more beer this week vs last week.

How much sediment is in each can of Neutrino? Like an oz. or is it more? I don't want to buy $5+ cans (if any are still available today) and have to pour out a significant portion of each one.

39. thomas2357

From the one can I had, leave at least the last ounce in the can. It reminds me of some of my homebrews and you pour that first pint from the keg that has all the stuff that settled.

40. greensparkplug

greensparkplug Initiate (93) Nov 28, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Do they always do can releases on Thursdays? And if so, the cans usually sell out by Friday? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.