Aslin Beer Co. Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dirtyhands, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomBeerskie

TomBeerskie Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2017 Virginia

I'd be surprised if they do a Saturday release if the rumors about them having a grumpy neighbor(s) are true. I kind of assumed the Thursday at 3PM releases were in part due to them trying to not piss other businesses off by having large crowds clogging up the parking/blocking doors on the weekends...just a guess on my part though.

But yeah no info yet...wondering if maybe they are having quality issues and are still deciding what to do with the batch. Again, all speculation on my part. Hope they have one though.

2. Sip404

Sip404 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2017 Virginia

Kane collab release maybe?

3. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (344) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

They are always better at least 10 days later, no question. I'm currently running an experiment to try one of each can 1 month after release, if there's anything interesting to report I will. The MoK 750 that I had ~45 days after buying it was arguably the best one I had, as was the 1 month DOS 750. My issue is taking up an entire level of my fridge "curing" these beers until they are really peaking. 1st world'd

SFP04, Gumbo_gravy, BMitch and 2 others like this.
  4. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (344) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

I'd be leaning towards taking a week or two off to build up a stock of cans, so that they can let us know "you don't need to stand in line for an hour, we have a lot." Kind of like when they stockpiled kegs for their Anniversary party, and that poured over into them having 10 draft options for a while afterwards (that was fun to be able to get multiple flights with no repeats!).

They also could be going for silent releases/day of announcements, which wouldn't be the worse thing ever IMO.

5. TomBeerskie

That's a good option. I wouldn't mind that at all.

6. BMitch

BMitch Initiate (100) Jul 10, 2012 Virginia

Doing something similar with DDH Neutrino by trying one can every weekend. Opened one the first night of the release and it was so green it was almost undrinkable, but the one I opened this past weekend had improved remarkably. Curious to see how it continues to develop over a few more weeks.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  7. Sip404

Interesting idea guys. I'm finding that the fruit forward DIPAs like Johann don't last like the other stuff.

FLASHMSTRC likes this.
  8. thomas2357

thomas2357 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Virginia

Had one last night, night and day difference. And the slug is really consolidating to the bottom.

ElijahSF and Prince_Casual like this.
  9. Dave10qb

Dave10qb Initiate (0) May 10, 2014 New Jersey

I was hoping that would be released at Kane, has there been any word of what was brewed or when/where we could expect it?

10. Sip404

I heard somewhere it was a scotch ale but I don't remember the source. I don't remember hearing any details about when it would release

11. TomBeerskie

No release this week...

12. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (818) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

What does it mean??

13. LanguedocRocks

LanguedocRocks Initiate (170) Aug 21, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

My bet is they are trolling us and doing a collab with Civil Society, but I would honestly enjoy reading the melts if they move their operations to FL.

14. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

this, the pic that have for today's beer release is from Civil Society

Dirtyhands likes this.
  15. Goobawl

Goobawl Initiate (44) Jan 24, 2015 Maryland

Plus they are serving at Huna Day on Saturday........

16. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland

If they were to move I'd be interested in purchasing a flop house in Riviera Beach just across the way. Am I kidding?

Sip404 and hoppytobehere like this.
  17. i_run_far

Deactivated

How have the lines been for growlers on Fridays? Haven't been in a couple months but I assume I should be good showing up around 4.

18. Sip404

In my experience, yes. You're fine.

19. Jnashed

Jnashed Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Virginia

So I had a MOK from the release a few weeks ago. Although taste wise good, there were chunks of hop particles at the bottom. I did not think much. But the Neutrino I had later was not good at all. Sort of medicinal and chunky. I saw some having Neutrino issues. Other beers I had at the brewery (when we still could) were really solid. I'm wondering if this is me and my taste buds, an anomaly, or something wrong with the batches a few weeks ago. Neutrino was a drain pour essentially, and MOK was good but not the same beer I had before. Love Aslin and not trying to start anything negative, just posting my experience

Sip404 likes this.
  20. thomas2357

Have you tried any Neutrino since? The hop particles have fallen to the bottom and have become pretty compact. I recommend pouring about 14oz all at once and leave behind the last 2 ounces. It's a pretty damn good beer as long as you don't get any of the sediment into your glass. But I can also see how people find this annoying and say that Aslin should have filtered this and not have this end up in the can.

How do they serve their beers on draft, all via kegs or do they come direct from a brite tank?

21. Jnashed

Had both last night actually. Not sure on if they keg or not. Not saying they should filter, these were my first cans and I've had draft and crowlers and nothing but pure goodness until now

22. thomas2357

When you poured Neutrino, was it really light or did you get a lot of hop residue in your glass? I did email them when I initially got the beer and they said to bring back any cans I didn't want for a refund.

Jnashed likes this.
  23. Jnashed

Lot of residue. Thanks I may email them. Again like the brewery and the beer

thomas2357 and Sip404 like this.
  24. thomas2357

Yeah if you can pour with no residue, it's a 4.5/5 beer. If the residue gets in, it's a 1/5 beer.

25. i_run_far

Deactivated

While all my cans have had a LOT of sediment in the bottom, none of it really got into my glass as I poured carefully (as Aslin advised) and left an oz or two in the can. Are you pouring really aggressively? Were the cans shipped to you, which may have agitated all the sediment? Are you rolling or shaking the cans prior to opening (I have seen posts of people saying they do this with NEIPAs)?

26. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

Aslin needs to get their shit together, no way should someone have to pour their damn beers with this kind of attention needed.
    This is what it has come to huh.

hoppytobehere and Gumbo_gravy like this.
  27. Jnashed

No gentile pour and not shipped or shaken. Just a normal pour. Perhaps I let too much of the bottom stuff fall out. I can understand that.

28. thomas2357

I'd encourage you to try one more and be really careful. It made me go from wanting to return the rest to wanting to drink the rest of mine.

Jnashed likes this.
  29. Jnashed

I meant. No, gentile pour. I did think I was easy but I'll be more gentile. May return the Neutrino still , I still think that beer was off.

thomas2357 likes this.
  30. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

So what you're telling me here is that Jews with this beer are SOL?

31. Sip404

Gentile pours are a special breed.

thomas2357 likes this.
  32. Beers-es

Beers-es Champion (895) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

Being Presbyterian, all my pours are Gentile pours.

b-mc-g, Dirtyhands and Gumbo_gravy like this.
  33. Sip404

Hey now, religion has nothing to do with it :wink:

34. Jnashed

LOL. Freaking apple spell check! Good one.

Beers-es likes this.
  35. Beers-es

Beers-es Champion (895) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

So I had a growler of Laser Raptors that I bought a month ago. I couldn't drink it at first because I got a bad cold so I went a couple of weeks without beer. Then I wanted to see what would happen if I waited even longer to drink it. I've never kept a growler more than a few days, maybe a week at most.

So I finally had this beer last night, and it was still perfect after a month. It totally retained all its carbonation, and the flavor was amazing. The color was a little darker, but otherwise it was at least as good as when it was fresh. Mind blown.

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  36. i_run_far

Deactivated

It's a passion fruit IPA with weimea, amarillo and citra. It released at Kane today.

Sip404 likes this.
  37. Sip404

Gahhhhhhh, I want this and probably won't be in that area :slight_frown:

Edit: also opened a Dunley Place can last night. The slight tang has smoothed into a melon like taste. I'm not a big fan. I do like how my Neutrino cans have matured though.

38. Henryb22

Henryb22 Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2014 South Carolina

Im assuming they are doing a can release this week and wondered if anyone from Richmond would be going or would be in Richmond this weekend. Ill be in Richmond Saturday and Sunday and would love some Aslin. I can pay for the cans or get Heist crowlers when I am there saturday. Thanks.

39. GatorBeer

GatorBeer Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2010 South Carolina

Andrew did a short interview here with a few interesting tidbits but unfortunately it looks like they're still up in the air about the tasting room and any expansion plans.

Sip404 and Beers-es like this.
  40. Sip404

Glad to hear from them that moving to Florida was a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.