Assassin Day 2018

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by odcardinal, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odcardinal

odcardinal (0) Apr 12, 2015 Florida
    Trader

I don't see a thread for the event and/or any events on Assassin Day eve. Does anyone have any info on the events going on Friday night? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Born_A_Jee

Born_A_Jee (0) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

Safehouse Saloon in Lansing, Iowa will have a keg of Assassin for Friday. You will need a ticket for a pour and I think they are sold out by now. They also said they will have a premium tap list and other TG beers for sale to-go. Also, any remaining Assassin pours (of whoever bought pour tickets but never claimed them as well as whatever is left of the keg even if all tickets are claimed) will be sold first come first served on Saturday. Detailed info is on their facebook page.

scifan87 likes this.
  3. eppie82

eppie82 (1,164) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

Any info yet on how the Assassin release/taps will be rolled out at the pubs/bars on Water St? Tickets, first come, first serve, etc.?

4. Skins

Skins (0) Nov 10, 2010 Wisconsin
    Trader

Good fellas also announced their keg release but not sure if sold out or not yet. T-bocks said they are releasing details on March 1st.

5. Boldbrew

Boldbrew (0) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota

Safe house has sold out of tickets.

6. Benish

Benish (923) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Trader

So I didn't book a hotel for the Assassin release. I know...I didn't plan ahead. Has anybody ever camped in Decorah state parks for the Assassin release? I'm hoping to make it there Friday for Assassin trappings.

That adds another question, where should I go for the Assassin tapping? I never been out there. I would consider other cities inn IA near Decorah. Obviously Lansing is off the list since tickets sold out.

7. NIN1988

NIN1988 (0) Oct 9, 2013 South Dakota

Most of the tappings are ticketed and have sold out. T-Bocks had said theirs would be announced on March 1st. Rubiyat (sp) has yet to announce theirs as well, but it was a $100 ticket tapping/bottle share/appetizers. It sounds like there will be Assassin on tap at the brewery at public open at 5 pm. How much will be on tap has yet to be heard.

8. Ristaccia

Ristaccia (0) Nov 21, 2012 Nebraska

The one that has been announced that may still have tickets is Goodfellas in Waucon, IA (about a 20-30 minute drive, if I recall correctly). I would try checking in with them.

Boldbrew likes this.
  9. Dehnc2

Dehnc2 (0) Jan 5, 2016 Wisconsin

Good Fellas in Waucon is sold out. My buddies and I will be their Friday night if anyone else is headed there. They also will have other TG beers on tap as well.

10. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

It's Waukon you outta state hillbillies. I too will be drinking plenty of Assassin at Goodfella's on Friday.

Not positive, but I'd assume most of the campgrounds will still be closed in March.

Ish1 and needMIbeer like this.
  11. Benish

Benish (923) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Trader

Just minutes ago I got a ticket at Good Fellow through pay pal.

12. Boldbrew

I had to check on this as a friend and I are planning on camping. Pulpit Rock Campground will start taking reservations March 1 with the first day for camping March 30 depending on the weather. Here's to hoping for good weather!

scifan87 likes this.
  13. Jmalo

Jmalo (0) Apr 12, 2016 Ohio
    Trader

Same.

14. bocky24

bocky24 (0) Apr 10, 2013 Iowa

Anyone from Lemont IL area have group A and will be heading back to Lemont right after it?

15. Boldbrew

Who's getting in line Friday night for the public opening Saturday?

16. HawkeyeBeerLover

HawkeyeBeerLover (0) Jun 30, 2015 Wisconsin

I really hope there aren't people getting in line 20+ hours before the public opening...

Boldbrew likes this.
  17. destrucdave

destrucdave (0) Mar 17, 2015 California

Coming in solo from Los Angeles and booked the last AirBnB in Decorah a month or so ago. It's for Friday night only but it's 1 bedroom and has 2 futons in the living room. PM me if you need a place to stay and we can work something out.

18. nograz

nograz (345) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

With mention of vintage bottles and variants, 20 hours maybe late. I am debating if I should take off just the week before or 2 weeks before to camp out.

Vidblain, Ish1, pmccallum86 and 4 others like this.
  19. DriftlessFarmer

DriftlessFarmer (0) Dec 15, 2016 Iowa

20. eppie82

eppie82 (1,164) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

I think he was referring to the Google document.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  21. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus (680) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

That is correct!

22. DriftlessFarmer

23. ppollard

ppollard (0) Nov 9, 2007 Arkansas

Looking for 2 to 3 people to join in on a bottle share in Decorah the weekend of Assassin release. Me and a buddy have the following beers we are bringing
    Side Project BBT
    Side Project BACSV
    Maman 17
    BA Sump 18

Looking to add in any of the following bottles
    Iwaad b1 or b2
    Scooop
    Bake
    BA RR
    Tape Rock
    Anabasis b1
    ManBearPig
    Handjee (any year)

We are open to several others as well so PM if you have some other options and are interested. I know some of these are more valuable than what we listed to bring but if you are looking to share it and try some other good beers, then this may be of interest.

To be clear, no cost or trade. We will open all bottles and evenly split amongst the group. We won't split them between more than 5 people so healthy pours for all. This will be Friday night, March 30th. We are staying at Country Inn & Suites and can have it there or we are open to other locations.

HawkeyeBeerLover likes this.
  24. destrucdave

destrucdave (0) Mar 17, 2015 California

HazeBro83, Born_A_Jee, YoDude and 3 others like this.
  25. stevefenster

stevefenster (0) Mar 29, 2016 Colorado

Nice list! You shouldn't have much trouble finding people, I would imagine haha.

26. needMIbeer

needMIbeer (853) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society Trader

I would imagine a life of holding food for animals is tough. :grimacing:

B-Nut-GoBlue, josephwa and stuncandy like this.
  27. Caitlin3894

Caitlin3894 (0) Jan 2, 2017 Wisconsin

I'm looking for a place to crash either night. If you're willing to split a place to crash let me know. (Life as a manager, didn't know if I could attend until yesterday).

28. 4ruedebuci

4ruedebuci (0) Jan 22, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Trader

About to cancel a room at the Fairfield if anyone is looking

29. ebe2023

ebe2023 (0) Apr 19, 2016 Illinois

If anyone has a room that fits 4 that they plan on canceling please pm me. Currently have something in Cresco but would like to stay closer and possibly join a share after picking up pours from Good Fellas on the way in Friday. Thanks!

30. DriftlessFarmer

You aren't going to find anything closer than Cresco, unless Calmar has a hotel I'm blanking out.

Save your appetite, and go up to Atomic Pizza when you're in Cresco. I like it better than Mabe's, and they have a solid tap list. It's all thick crust pan pizza, and it kills. Goes down great with a fresh Sue.

ebe2023 likes this.
  31. ebe2023

ebe2023 (0) Apr 19, 2016 Illinois

Meant to quote/reply to the cancellation comment before mine. Not overly concerned about staying outside of Decorah but figured if someone cancels wouldn’t mind taking their room. Thanks for the food tip though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.