Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Atlanta Cask Ale

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by kp, Jan 24, 2013.

1. kp

kp

Anyone getting excited about the Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting yet? This has to be the best Georgia fest we have. It's like the cask tent at HOToberfest, but with twice the number of casks.

Any speculation on what will be pouring this year? I know Dan has been going around drumming up support for the Hamp'n'Dan brand. Max Lagers always does something traditional (e.g. "Beer") for the traditionalists. Many of the other local breweries do special one-offs like last year's peoples' choice winner "Just Baked Apple Pie" from 5 Seasons Prado or the judges' choice for the Red Hare Chocolate Porter with Creme De Menthe and cocoa nibs.

Of course there are always one-offs and great beers from across the country like like last year's Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Stone Ruination, or the Terrapin/BFM Barleywine collaboration that was aged with dark oak and rye whiskey.

Anyone going this year?

2. coreyfmcdonald

Beer Trader

I'll see you there, KP.

3. Circleo12

Beer Trader

Off topic, but I'm headed to a local place in upstate S.C. this Saturday, for a pretty funky sounding cask...

"This Saturday we are tapping a cask of the chocolate milk stout from Terrapin known as "Moo Hoo"! As an added treat, when Terrapin was filling the cask, we asked them to toss in a hefty dose of banana-peanut butter flavored coffee beans. And to really paint the full picture here: this is a cask-conditioned chocolate, peanut butter, banana, coffee stout brewed with milk sugar."

I'm interested to try this one out, for sure.

OK, sorry for thread jack, just wanted to mention it.

4. pghlee

I will be at the event plus friday night set up so i can check out the fred and the five

5. bhalter8

Totally agree kp, basically the only festival I attend anymore. I did like the sound of a few of the cask that Owen posted vague details about and look forward to trying them out myself. I do like to be able to have some traditional casks to start off with, then delve into the kitchen sink casks later...

6. AUTOwrXER

Looking forward to this (again) and the Secret Stash Bash in March. I have no desire to attend any other festivals.

7. Yesac

I'll be there

8. bctdi

Just noticed this is going down today.....tix purchased!

9. pghlee

set up the beers last night and they look good!

10. promark420

Always a fun event. My favorite was the Felix, but I love sours.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe