Attn: Milwaukee homebrewers *FREE* Conan

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by InVinoVeritas, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InVinoVeritas

InVinoVeritas Zealot (566) Apr 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I'm not going to keep the Conan I harvested. See pictures before; there is about a liter of yeast. This is free with two small requests. (1) please return the container and (2) pay it forward to someone else. Local MKE only.
    [​IMG]

Note: this is a rather late Conan generation as a guess. Attenuation was fairly low (OG: 1.084, FG: 1.023, calculated attenuation: 73%).

2. inchrisin

inchrisin Defender (654) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

To make sure you keep your container, make the brewer bring his own. Pour it to his container before the yeast leaves the house.

InVinoVeritas likes this.
  3. PortLargo

PortLargo Devotee (456) Oct 19, 2012 Florida

Not completely off topic . . . but, wasn't this a high gravity brew you did recently? Results?

4. InVinoVeritas

Subscriber Beer Trader

5. InVinoVeritas

Subscriber Beer Trader

Good thought, thou I don't seem to have any interest so far. Maybe it's the poor attenuation.

6. inchrisin

inchrisin Defender (654) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

You're going to have to do a higher gravity beer next time. Barley Conan--The Destroyer

InVinoVeritas likes this.
  7. sarcastro

sarcastro Disciple (332) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Conan the barleybarian

8. InVinoVeritas

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yup, ended up accounting for the 8oz of bourbon I added at around 8.5% ABV. Originally had planned to add 16oz. However being the first time I've every added oak and bourbon, thought I'd be conservative at first. I liked to taste as is, so I didn't want to add more.

9. InVinoVeritas

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yup, ended up accounting for the 8oz of bourbon I added at around 8.5% ABV. Originally had planned to add 16oz. However being the first time I've every added oak and bourbon, thought I'd be conservative at first. I liked to taste as is, so I didn't want to add more.

10. InVinoVeritas

Subscriber Beer Trader

Any one interested? This ones going down the drain soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.