Avery Question

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by litheum94, Nov 6, 2012.

1. litheum94

litheum94 Dec 29, 2008 California

My fiend is going to the brewery and I'm trying to figure out what she should grab for me. I have a couple of questions:

What do they do growler fills of? Is it everything on tap or only select beers?

What bottles are available for purchase at this moment?

Lastly, what other beers should I have her keep her eyes open for while in the area?

Thanks for any help.

2. Prospero

Prospero Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

No growler fills, draft only. I'm not even sure you can buy bottles there, someone else may be better to respond to that.

Not everything is on tap as they have tons of beers, but they do have a large list, typically 15-20 at a time it seems, 5 of which are normally barrel-aged, sours, cask, or one-off's not bottled and draft only.

Bottles, depends on the stores, but Czar and Mephistopheles both come out this month. Old Jubilation, India Pale Ale, White Rascal, Ellie’s Brown Ale, Out of Bounds Stout, Joe’s Premium American Pilsner, Hog Heaven, The Reverend, Salvation are typically all out right now. Depending on the store, you may find Odio Equum, Samael's, The Beast, Kaiser & Maharaja.

Don't expect to find Uncle Jacob's or Rumpkin.

3. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Sep 24, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

You can buy bottles there.

4. arminjewell

arminjewell Feb 12, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

They always have bottles to go in their cooler, but its not an extensive/rare collection, just what they have in stores at the moment.

5. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Have her check B Town Wine and Spirits if you're looking for some limited Avery stuff. It's just west of Avery and they always seem to have some gems sitting around. Really nice guys too.

6. litheum94

litheum94 Dec 29, 2008 California

Cool. Thanks for the info. Sucks about the growler, but oh well.

7. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Nov 13, 2010 California

Is Rumpkin available anywhere?

8. schlegelmeister

schlegelmeister Oct 19, 2011 Massachusetts

Would highly suggest picking up a bottle of Bru's Citrum IPA.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe