Bad Oberon?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bunique686, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunique686

bunique686 Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2013 Michigan

I picked up a pack today dated 9/07/12. Well short story I drank one, and 30 mins later sick. Bad beer? Or bad timing to be sick

2. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Meyvn (1,248) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That happened to me with a fresh one ;). But seriously, that's fairly old for a wheat beer but I wouldn't think it would make you sick?

3. bunique686

bunique686 Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2013 Michigan

I feel a lot better after the mess of it all. I don't I guess time will tell or another beer tomorrow

4. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Initiate (0) May 8, 2006 Michigan

Some people may have issues with a specific ingredient in a beer, a lot of people do not tolerate yeast very well, but outside of that there is nothing that can really make you sick that is going to live in your beer.

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  5. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (1,867) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois

Oberon is Bell's "summer" seasonal. Surprised it was still on the shelves.

6. GFG

GFG Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

I love Bell's but fu**ing hate Oberon. Beer really can't make you sick unless you're allergic or sensitive to an ingredient in it.

7. deadbody

deadbody Aspirant (296) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I doubt the beer went bad, you may have had a reaction to one specific thing they brewed it with.

I can't drink Sam Adams beers, I've tried with like 3 different kinds purchased at different places/times. more than 1 in a day and I wake up the next moring with the worst hangover ever. Even if I only drink like 3 over the course of an evening and am not even remotely drunk. I wake up feeling so terrible it isn't funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.