1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Bad trader alert: Dewarner82

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by cfh64, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pittsky

Pittsky Initiate (0) May 28, 2009 Florida

As a LEO I can tell you that people will goto the police and attempt to file charges on ANYHING and EVERYTHING. All it takes is writing a statement on their part and stating they want to press charges. And if there is Probable Cause, charges can be filed.

You're right. They will need to prove it, and they can by showing their phone records. The one element that isn't there in this case is the fact that the douche hasn't even picked up the phone to tell him to stop calling him. If/when he does that, whoever calls repeatedly after that can be charged with misdemeanor harrassing phone calls.

The fact that he took his beer that was sent over state lines "illegally"/against policy in the first place is irrelevant. The OP send him the package willingly. He didn't steal it. Sucks but it's true.

Just to be clear I'm just stating my state laws in this case...if the guy told me the true story of why we wanted to pursue charges I would laugh in his face.

What is this warning note you speak of? LOL That made me laugh a little

2. mattsander

mattsander Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2010 Canada (AB)

A seriously dick move, sorry to hear about this. That was a damned fine box.

3. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Virginia

This really sucks balls. If I lived near this dude I'd go drop a deuce on his porch.

chase2634, evilc, Boz12 and 3 others like this.
  4. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2012 California

Heart of the cards, man. Heart of the cards.

5. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I forgot to mention how after he was late sending the box the first time he said he was going to Hill Farmstead later that week and would send one of their beers as an extra and consider it a delicious apology. I love it when they sweet talk you right before bending you over, classy. Oh well, we'll see what happens both on his end (which I'm quite sure will be nothing) and on my end.

As I said, I know the majority of peeps on here are true advocates, generous and badass in general which is obvious by just reading through these responses. Speaking of which, it's been great seeing some old trading partners come out of the woodwork and the friendly advice and support of BA's I have yet the pleasure to know. I've also been laughing my ass off at some/all of the comments, especially the last one by BigTomz. Oh, and Mongo's "lump of excrement" frequently comes to mind.

In matter of fact, I probably got more enjoyment out of this thread for all the reasons above more than I would have a few beers. I'm seriously floored by all the awesome responses, it restores my faith in BA. Fuck this douche.

Boz12, gkatsoris, miketd and 2 others like this.
  6. LambicKing

LambicKing Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Germany

I was trying to figure out a way to order a couple hundred bucks worth of Girl Scout cookies or Omaha steaks and bill them to his parents' house...and even have the Girl Scout troop show up on their doorstep (dodging BigTomZ's deuce pile first of course) looking to collect twice a week.

Alas, I'm spent. Sorry. Seriously, put that ass clown's number in a looped redialer.

cfh64 likes this.
  7. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

I'd probably advertise a massive yard sale at his place via Craigslist. Tell people that it will be an indoor yard sale, starting at 6am on a Saturday and to please ring the doorbell for entrance.

8. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Just wanted everyone to know there have been a few people in this thread who have offered to send me a box of beer and a few people have privately mailed me as well. Thankyou, thankyou, and thankyou but NO ONE should have to make up for this "lump of excrement's" lack of values. As I've said it's on him not anyone else.

I don't want to sound ungrateful because I truly am. It makes me want to send a box to all the people who offered to send me one just because they're awesome like that. It really is the thought that counts, I can't thank all of you enough but it just doesn't seem right for someone else to give away their beer and money due to this (insert word here).

9. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

I hate to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and I'm in no way excusing his shitty behavior...but everything you've said about your exchanges gives me hope that he pops up some time in the next couple weeks and makes good on what he owes you. Call me naive and an eternal optimist but people do get busy and put shit like this off all the time.

Still a dick move, yadda yadda yadda, no doubt...but I really do hope I'm right.

10. LambicKing

I don't care who you are, you don't post some other dude's beer in your fucking Gots until you shipped your end to him and he received.

gkatsoris, gpawned and cfh64 like this.
  11. Lare453

Lare453 Pooh-Bah (2,822) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Very true... In Florida it falls under 365.16, harassing phone calls, which is a misdemeanor.

12. shebby

shebby Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Utah

Sorry to hear this! As someone who's also recently had a problematic trade, there's nothing worse than feeling like you're going to get screwed out of your end of the deal. Especially when your box is that awesome. I tend to think, like gpawned, that this guy will make good as well, especially since you have all his info and know where to find him. Sometimes badgering (within reason) really is key. But it sucks that he is stringing you out and only creates a huge headache for you. Best of luck and hopefully you get your beer soon!

gpawned and cfh64 like this.
  13. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

Totally agree...but that is one of the reasons I think this guy may actually "intend" to send the beer one of these days. I just have a hard time believing someone would be that fucking crass.

LambicKing likes this.
  14. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2006 Tennessee

Why don't all bad traders get this treatment?

It sucks that it happened, but it is good to see the community ( as almost a whole ) come together and not defend the trader.

cfh64 likes this.
  15. LambicKing

EDIT: That just tells me he has no intention of doing so, since it was 2 weeks ago.

Some people never cease to amaze (read: disappoint) me.

16. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Agreed, sorry for your problematic trade as well. Earlier today I was actually thinking of starting an LIF of some sort for people who have gotten f'ed on trades. I just have to wait for some more releases over the next few months to put together a nice box and figure out the details of the LIF.

17. Hindsight

Hindsight Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2011 Ohio

Sorry man, this is horrible - If I lived in Mass, I would deliver a flaming bag of poo to his doorstep for ya. Here's some retribution (Bad Traders List) for ya... https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...0cxMHJuRFE&authkey=CNr27MII&hl=en&output=html

Hope this ruins his hobby...

18. arniepnminne

arniepnminne Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2010 Minnesota

Go with animal fecies, as your dna would be in your dooky.

cfh64 likes this.
  19. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Lol, you people amaze me. I hope Sidebordz doesn't mind me mentioning this but its too cool not to. We have traded once in the past and since I requested no free boxes he offered to send a 6 bottle shipper with some awesome beers AND a LeBlue (holy shit!) for 6 beers of my choosing in return. I declined but I thought it was a clever loophole. Thanks again Blake.

gkatsoris, gpawned and Sidebordz like this.
  20. NiceFly

NiceFly Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2011 Tajikistan

I have never sent this but it seems pretty funny.
    Sorry OP got screwed on this trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.