Bad Trader Alert- kaips1

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by NiceFly, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceFly

NiceFly Aspirant (275) Dec 22, 2011 Tajikistan

I am going to call out kaips1 as a bad trader although I do not think he comes around here much anymore.
    Five of us, including kaips1, participated in a “Can You Clone It” homebrew exchange in July 2012 to be exchanged mid Oct 2012. The idea was to try and clone a beer and send the clone along with the commercial example to each member of group.
    We were pretty relaxed with the shipping. Some had hoppy beers they wanted to get out in advance, some had other styles that could do with more time. Most everyone communicated their timeline and it was not an issue.
    Kaips1 has not sent his end. He bottles Oct 3rd, cool. Oct 15th he cannot find any Alpha King, OK keep looking and let us know. Oct 23rd he has worked out a trade and will ship around Nov 1st, no problem. Oct 27th he has bottles of Alpha King in hand, great.
    He drops off the face of the earth, so the organizer pings him. Dec 7th he gets back to us, has received our packages and will send out that weekend.
    Dec 30th rolls around and we get the “life happened” story. I guess life must have stopped by and drank his Alpha King because now he wants to send out his clone of Zombie dust, he has a 6 pack of course. Hey, life happens, no problem.
    So Monday Feb 4th it has been over a month since we have heard from him. I get curious and click the links on his BA profile. If life is getting the best of him, I do not want mine to be good. Seems there is plenty of time “selling badass beer and making badass beer” and updating his beer blog but not enough to let us know what is going on.
    I do not speak for the group, but I do not think we are getting our packages. I am not alone in thinking we are not getting our end, I just do not speak for the group.
    Anyone in the Lexington, KY area knows this guy, know he owes some people some beer. I am not out too much, but it is the thought that counts.
    Thank you for your time. That was a little long winded.

2. NiceFly

Must be too long winded, it will not let me put a line between paragraphs. Sorry.

3. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Quebec (Canada)

4. NiceFly

5. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2006 Tennessee

His name isn't Nathan Qualls is it?

Nqualls was pretty active on BA and RB a few years ago when he lived in Nashville then he dropped off the face of the Earth when he moved to Lexington.

He "forgot" that he owes me beer.

Like I said he was pretty active so it was hard for me to believe he dropped the sites cold turkey.
    IE may have started a new user name.

Thanks!

6. NiceFly

No it is not.

edit: his twitter is linked to the blog, but that is not the name he gave us either.

7. claaark13

claaark13 Zealot (504) Nov 29, 2007 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I didn't read your whole description earlier because it was indeed long-winded, but I can say with certainty that this guy has been on my personal radar for quite some time.

I need to start submitting names to Levitation and see if I can get some sort of cut when he wins.

8. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

Actually life doesnt happen to chuck norris. Chuck Norris happens to life.

9. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

someone else called this guy last year, but the deadpool expired on dec 31st. i was quick to snatch him up in 2013.

I WIN AGAIN BITCHES. sorry op.

10. NiceFly

Haha, no problem.

11. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Crusader (730) May 10, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

I met this guy in person at an old store he worked at in Lexington - first he was angry at me for "cleaning him out" (which was laughable - all were seasonal at best) and then he offered me a Utopias. When I declined, he said no big deal, he was just going to buy it with his discount and sell it on ebay.

NiceFly likes this.
  12. emerge077

emerge077 Poo-Bah (9,245) Apr 16, 2005 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Shenanigan's, by any chance?

NiceFly and Photekut like this.
  13. Jameshoward2223

Jameshoward2223 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2013

Guy was at Shenanigans, but was let go. Wonder why? lol

NiceFly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.