Bad trader: @Beerfan225...aka @DaddyDano1

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Sinhoptra, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinhoptra

Sinhoptra Initiate (161) Apr 13, 2016 Nevada
    Trader

Now that we seem to have your attention. If you really want this trade done feel free to ship. I’ll follow through but at this point I really don’t care anymore about it.

2. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,735) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

All right, good, we're at a transition point.

Chalk this up to poor communication but this can be resolved and completed still.

@Beerfan225 make note that if you have time to read a message you have time to respond, even if it's short, something is better than nothing. Creeping around and reading this thread and OPs private messages without response made things seem worse than they were.

3. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,339) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

From here on out then, is your chance to make it right. A little advice? Throw some nice extras in there for make up for the headache you've put your trading partner through. Communicate to him when you will ship, ship it on that date, and promptly provide tracking information to @Sinhoptra.

4. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Disciple (343) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

This is a reminder of much corporate etiquette. Although I tend not to do it (because, in my opinion, I generally have excellent communication), saying "read." or "Read, will respond later." or anything to indicate that you will respond is always a good thing. I used to do this frequently with a boss that I had to ensure they knew that I read whatever it was that they sent since there was no indication otherwise that I read it if there was, in fact, no need otherwise to respond.

cavedave, NiceBeerCans and FBarber like this.
  5. Sinhoptra

Trader

Exactly. Trust me guys i know it might seemed like I’m over reacting a bit. But the fact I was being ignored intentionally doesn’t sit well.

cavedave and NiceBeerCans like this.
  6. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (244) Mar 16, 2013 New York

@Beerfan225 @Sinhoptra

I'm curious about the shipping. I know that the BT has said he plans to cross the border (into the US) to ship to the OP. Does the OP plan to ship his return package to Canada?

#46 NiceBeerCans, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. Sinhoptra

Trader

All I know is I’m suppose to ship to Washington

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  8. FBarber

Premium Trader

Do you have an actual address? (Not asking you to share it, just wondering if one was provided)

9. Beerfan225

Beerfan225 Initiate (23) Jun 16, 2017 Washington

address was provided - I agreed to ship first as I'm a newbie and have no feedback.

Ok all of your feedback is noted and appreciated. I do care to correct my mistakes otherwise I wouldn't bother responding period. I'm more than happy to provide extras as a headache relief.

@Sinhoptra I understand that you're pissed off because of my lack of you communication and I'm sorry for that. I have no idea what happened to you with your other bad trader problem so I can't comment on that. Now you say you don't care about this trade but you'll still do it? What exactly am I supposed to say to this petulant comment??

I'm trying to be reasonable and rational about this. I'm actually trying to make alternate daycare arrangements to get this package to you ASAP, now I'm worried what I would actually be receiving on my end (regardless of your positive feedback). I really wanted to try JTR and Bourbon Paradise, but if this is now unwanted because of what's transpired and you're really done with this then why am I exerting myself besides preserving my reputation on this site?

Victory_Sabre1973 and FBarber like this.
  10. Beer_Economicus

Trader

You need not make special child care arrangements just to ship beer. That's unnecessary.

Sinhoptra likes this.
  11. John_M

John_M Moderator (6,067) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Premium

Given what transpired, I think you're certainly within your rights to feel pretty annoyed and frustrated at this point. The scenario you describe (radio silence while the BT remained active on BA, blithely ignoring your messages for over a week), would have me pretty pissed off as well. As mentioned already, the user name change once the BT thread was started... I know personally, that really rubbed me the wrong way.

That being said, as I read over the more recent posts from the BT, more and more this sounds like another new member who in his excitement, jumped into the trading game with both feet, without fully realizing what a time (and cost) suck it can end up being. While that doesn't excuse his actions, it at least partially explains I think what happened here.

Frankly, from reading over the last couple of posts from the BT, it actually sounds as if he might have learned his lesson (that communication is always key, and ignoring multiple messages from your trading partner is never acceptable behavior. At least not when you have a pending trade.).

One thing that puzzles me a bit. @Sinhoptra. When you started this BT thread, what sort of solution were you hoping for? Most of the time the most sought after solution by the OP is to simply get the BT to comply with the terms of his agreement (fulfill his end of the trade agreement). The BT has agreed to comply, and in fairly short order as these things go (as noted by @FBarber). So I guess I'm a bit confused about your current reaction. You're no longer interested in having him go ahead with the trade you both agreed to?

Anyway... Just my two cents as always @Sinhoptra, but it really does sound as if the BT has learned the error of his ways. I realize it took initiation of a BT tread to finally get some cooperation, but that's fairly typical in these BT threads (in fact, many BT's never respond to the BT thread, and then far more come on with an attitude, and/or are completely unrepentant). At least he has finally come forward, apologized for his actions, and offered to (finally) make good on the original agreement. Assuming he actually comes through with the shipment you both agreed to, maybe you could show a bit of compassion and chalk this up to some growing pains on the part of a new member. You're certainly not obligated to do that of course, but it's something I would at least consider if I were in your shoes.

12. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (729) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Premium

Alright....enough is enough. He is trying to make this right. Lets atleast give him a chance to learn from his mistakes.

@Beerfan225 @Sinhoptra

I will be messaging the both of you tonight. It will be a group message and we can resolve outside of this thread with me assisting to get this back on track.

Updates can be posted when we come to a resolution.

Cheers!
    Dave

13. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Defender (620) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

It seems ridiculous to make 2 people who clearly do not want to be shipping beer to each other at this point to force them to do so just to make some people in this thread happy. If in retrospect a trade was not a good idea and both parties agree then I don't see a problem with cancelling. Neither party is out any beer, time to move on IMO.

#53 KingforaDay, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  14. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (244) Mar 16, 2013 New York

Except the BT would definitely have bad feedback (for the whole non-communication aspect), which he is now eager to avoid. Guess you missed that point.

Victory_Sabre1973 likes this.
  15. Sinhoptra

Trader

I jump the gun about not caring bout the trade because I noticed he read the last message I sent him today and still didn’t respond. He gave me no reason to care anymore being his patterns didn’t change and continued to ignore. (Hence ) the negative feedback I left. (Hence) me stating “I’m over this “ @Beerfan225

Let’s get this done and over with! man.

16. KingforaDay

Trader

I didn't miss the point. There is no reason the trade can't be cancelled and a Mod can't restrict any feedback. And leave this thread up so people can decide whether they want to avoid trading with BT in the future. These BT threads have gotten ridiculous. 2 guys who no longer want to ship and carry out a trade where there is hard feelings on both sides, now being pushed to do so is stupid.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  17. Beer_Economicus

Trader

It's unclear to me how you read this thread and believe that neither person wants to complete the trade.

Sinhoptra and NiceBeerCans like this.
  18. KingforaDay

Trader

I almost feel like we are reading a different thread.

mythaeus likes this.
  19. FBarber

Premium Trader

I think that there were some comments made in the heat of the moment that don't reflect what the parties truly felt. @Sinhoptra even liked @Beer_Economicus's post that you're responding too.

Regardless, @dmbforever is on top of this and I know he's more than capable of resolving this situation in the best way possible.

dmbforever, Vidblain, MattOC and 4 others like this.
  20. dmbforever

Premium

Appreciate the vote of confidence.

@Beerfan225 @Sinhoptra

I invited you both to a private convo, so please respond when you both get a chance and we can go from there.

For the record....no one is *forcing* anyone to do anything. They are both adults and can choose the path they deem necessary based on their own decisions. They both agreed to do a trade...if they choose to complete it...great....if not...like anything in life...there are consequences for the choices you make.

Cheers!

21. Beerfan225

Beerfan225 Initiate (23) Jun 16, 2017 Washington

I received the private messages, however, for some reason I'm not able to respond to them. There's no option to reply, the only option I have is report. I take it when my account was placed on "bad trader" it's prevented me from sending private messages? Can anyone weigh in on this?? Trying to resolve this conflict but having issues

22. Sinhoptra

Trader

@dmbforever ?

23. dmbforever

Premium

@Beerfan225 try it now

24. dmbforever

Premium

We are all set here. Appropriate feedback has been left for both parties.

Per our private discussion..... @Beerfan225 did not want to complete the trade and was willing to accept the negative feedback. He also left positive feedback for @Sinhoptra stating he backed out of the trade.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.