Bad Trader: @bstyle

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by SierraNevallagash, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

never seen a BT thread where the OP if offering up nothing but apologies and the accused has nothing to say lol fun times in here

2. MattOC

MattOC Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Well, @RuckIt , thanks for ruining my Wednesday. SierraNevadallagash out here hurting feelings. Somewhat surprised I made it, but silly really. Felt like I was always honest and never harsh in our public and private interactions.

On second thought, figured he’d apologize for putting me on his DNT list. Guess not.

3. colby600

colby600 Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

The sad part is I offered (by PM) to send a box if he ended up losing out on what he was owed. This was early on in the thread before I realized he was a teenage girl. It's hysterical that the ass that tried screwing him isn't on that list.

m34josh, ChicagoJ, forum8417 and 17 others like this.
  4. 7irondave

7irondave Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was a little upset to find myself so low on his list then I realized I’m #7 on his list:grin:

m34josh, ChicagoJ, Affinity and 17 others like this.
  5. rozzom

rozzom Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Trader

GOAT BT thread. If BTs side of the trade was/is a rewaxed assassin I think it would be undisputed

6. colby600

colby600 Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Let the record show - (lol)

I put him on my DNT list first therefore this is clearly a case of revenge DNT inclusion. This must be grounds for a ban.

7. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

That's why I was surprised to see you support a DNT reputation/ban on me. The people I put on my dnt list was everyone who seemingly publicly supported me facing repercussions for this. However, because I'm not a dick, and don't think anyone's trading reputation should be hurt if they didn't actually screw someone on a trade, that information is no longer public.

I thought the stark difference between your PM and your public comments was a bit hypocritical.

I fail to see how I am the bad guy here. I started a BT thread with no prior experience, and didn't do it right. Hang me.

Coronaeus and jrc1093 like this.
  8. brutalfarce

Trader

wish more BT threads were like this OP got his beer in the end and we all get the amusement of seeing the ensuing shenanigans that have ensued

9. brutalfarce

Trader

funny thing is you did it right then drove that bastard right off the rails then got upset with the carnage. I think that is what has everyone riled up is the lack of details and the constant apologies from your end, the trader in question without a doubt was stringing you along until this thread was made and caught steam then within days lo and behold the box is en route. I think you were right given the circumstances but just stand by it that's all. :slight_smile:

10. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

What doesn't add up is you clearly know how bad trader threads work.... You said it pretty well here: https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/bad-trader-hopsessions.632703/page-2#post-6791967

"This is a community first and foremost, and the experience, friendship, and wide world of trading connections you establish by just being a good, honest person is worth a million times more than a few big bottles of beer. I hope @HopSessions comes forward in the next few days, and offers both an explanation and an apology, and keeps up his end of the trade. Judging by what others have dug up, it doesn't sound like he has suffered a tragedy, but life happens sometimes, and if this is the case, we will forgive you, should you come forth with an explanation and make things right with your trading partner......."

So you essentially demanded someone else's bad trader come forward with a story and apology to the community but as far as your bad trader you want the thread deleted, swept under the rug and he owes nobody anything?

I really do not understand you.

11. SierraNevallagash

Trader

Hasn't* suffered a tragedy. That was a typo.

I asked for it to be closed because I was told to ask for it to be closed. I thought I addressed that, and I thought things were made a bit more clear since then? Did you miss the part that illustrated why I made that comment? I swear that was brought up, and that I acknowledged it and apologised for it. I'm hard pressed to believe all this hate stems from one thing I was asked to say, that I apologised for saying.

12. core42

core42 May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

I wouldn't be so sure about this, OP has a history of theatrics & over dramatization that extends WELL beyond this thread

#172 core42, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  13. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

I don't know, maybe he can tell a few jokes and clean a table or two.

14. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Oh... You mean Mr Pink don't tip????

15. MattOC

MattOC Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Maybe it’s just me, but justifying not tipping because you can’t afford it then upping your involvement in trading, one of the most expensive avenues of this hobby. Apples and oranges? Doesn’t add up to me. Always wanted to ask him what changed.

16. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

"I started a BT thread with no prior experience, and didn't do it right."

False you know how a BT thread works as proven by your comment on a previous BT trade.

You play the victim well with everyone but the guy who you said wronged you and frankly people are calling you out on the BS. I don't see much that could be called hate but you can dramatize it as far as you want bud.

17. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Society Trader

18. blassor

blassor Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Can you imagine a dozen people or more in a community you respect who have been on this forum for way longer call you out on acting a certain way and then still denying you did anything wrong?

Get some self realization. We aren’t all wrong or just picking on you.

19. Devman171

Devman171 May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

Listen to the man eating a sandwich, he is very wise

20. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

You mean something like this?

21. vitaminvert

vitaminvert Oct 12, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

22. John_M

John_M Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

23. Sabtos

Sabtos Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say it's a bit more serious than that. Repeated threads and tirades attempting to justify how he expects the world of others, for nothing more than average reciprocation from himself.

24. brutalfarce

Trader

lol couple rabbit holes right there didn't think I'd make it back out to sunlight, as a former bartender holy crap I can't express the disdain for people not tipping we made like 4 bucks an hour lol without tips do have a 18 BCBS vanilla though if anyone's still looking haha

25. Vidblain

Vidblain Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

[​IMG]

Too late to get on that list??? Publish it again, please!

ChicagoJ, Buck89, kbergen28 and 11 others like this.
  26. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

unhinged

blassor and brutalfarce like this.
  27. William_Navidson

William_Navidson May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Why would you possibly think the person in the wrong here asking for the thread (created to sort out him being a bad trader) to be closed is justification for it to be closed when you know exactly how these threads work? C'mon. Please. Stop.

Honestly I try to give people the benefit of the doubt (nuance and tone can legitimately be hard to grasp over the internet sometimes, and miscommunications happen!)... but it sounds like this is hardly an isolated incident and this perspective (or lack thereof) extends well into real-world interactions.

One hopes that someone like this will take a step back and do a little reflection after being told these things repeatedly but I don't think I'm alone in having exhausted all patience.

miamichael2, ChicagoJ, rozzom and 6 others like this.
  28. SierraNevallagash

Trader

If just saying something meant that I was going to get the box, then i said what i thought I had to say. I think @John_M can vouch for me here? I even asked for it to be kept open and divulged why I said that. How is this not an isolated incident? This is very much an isolated incident. I don't go around just starting bad trader threads for the thrill.

29. FBarber

FBarber Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

:astonished::astonished:

I knew he was the no tipping guy, but forgot about that one. I honestly don't know what is going on now.

30. SierraNevallagash

Trader

Are you who you were two years ago? Jesus Christ, because my tipping habits from two years ago have anything to do with this thread? Really? I don't think I had a single BA trade at that time. I moved from California to Maine with nothing but my car, cats, and whatever I could fit. I literally started a new life for myself to try to actually make it somewhere, but hey, let's dig up as much dirt from 2018 as we can. That makes sense.

31. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Don't want to get too side tracked, but I remember having a conversation with some limey about this several years ago. He repeatedly mentioned that he never tipped and was adamant he didn't have to (and it wasn't expected) where he lived. That's all well and good, but the custom is far different in this country. The way I look at it, in this country tipping is so engrained into the social and economic culture, the actual price for a drink in a restaurant or bar is always the menu price PLUS a suitable and fair tip. If I can't afford that "price" (menu price plus the tip), then I have no business ordering out.

We actually had a beer bar in town that tried to abolish tipping. The manager advised that the beer cost included a reasonable wage for the staff, so tipping wasn't expected or encouraged. I think that lasted for about 6 months. The policy just confused their customer base, and it ended up pissing off the staff.

#191 John_M, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    bshemansky, ChicagoJ, FBarber and 4 others like this.
  32. SierraNevallagash

Trader

I know how to create and bad trader thread because i left a comment in one a month ago, apologising to the guy for getting ripped off? Not sure how you figure. I guess if you comment on a quantum mechanics YouTube video, you know how to observe an electron?

33. Devman171

Devman171 May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

Yes, I am the same person as I was 15 months ago, and so are you

34. SierraNevallagash

Trader

That's unfortunate.

thesherrybomber likes this.
  35. Sabtos

Sabtos Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Considering OP is still adamant that they are in no way being ridiculous, I will remain off topic and say, the bars in Giant Eagle/Market District grocery stores here do not have tipping because they pay a full wage and bennys. They make it clear to newcomers to those bars. Everyone has gotten used to it--understanding even though you're at a bar you're actually at a grocery store first--while still tipping at other establishments.

Even though I hate tipping culture (yet always tip), I still feel a twinge of guilt taking my change and not dropping some back down each time I order.

core42 likes this.
  36. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Dude... at this point folks are just teasing and having fun with you. Don't take it to heart. I doubt that any of us haven't done something embarrassing or that we regretted at some point in our lives (I know I've done plenty); all you can hope to do is learn from the experience and move on. It sounds like you've done that in fact.

Instead of getting defensive, I would just ignore the jibes or join in at this point. Like you said, none of this has anything to do with this thread.

Speaking of which... isn't today the day your box is supposed to arrive?

#196 John_M, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  37. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

It's the same out here. Increasingly, better grocery stores in town have a beer bar set up in the beverage section, with usually 8 to 10 beers on tap (and sundry ciders). It's store policy that you are not allowed to tip the "bartender." (though people still try)

FBarber and Jimmy_Kneecaps like this.
  38. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Have we seen evidence that he regrets or is embarrassed by these posts?

39. William_Navidson

William_Navidson May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

The guy said that the only way that you were going to get your box was if you asked for the thread to be closed?

And I meant not an isolated incident in that -and I promise I'm not just trying to sound like a jerk- social norms eluded you somehow and caused a miscommunication.

40. ECCS

ECCS Oct 28, 2015 Illinois

I’ve never seen the BA trade community pile on a situation like this... not saying it is or isn’t warranted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.