Bad Trader Oandjinaustin

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Mattygross44, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (619) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Pretty much so, but I still think OP should've used the trade system, mainly because its hard to blame a guy on BA for an "unofficial" BA trade. I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson for next time though

2. Mattygross44

Mattygross44 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2015 California

Pretty much sums it up still havent revieved a tracking number

3. brian4beer

brian4beer Initiate (188) Jan 27, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

Care to add any more to this? You say you are not "hiding away" yet you continue to be on this site daily (even within the past two hours), and yet have done nothing further since this hostile and hollowed response above to quiet the situation. Be a man and take care of your responsibilities.

4. Mattygross44

If i knew how to upload a image on here i could show you guys are last convo

HopSavant and NickWebster87 like this.
  5. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Initiate (166) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Quoting from the help section:
    • Sign up for a service like Dropbox, Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Many social media sites will work too. The most important factor here is selecting a service that allows you to embed images.
    • Ensure that the image is shared publicly (a must) and copy the direct link to the image.
    • Use the "Image" button in the posting toolbar, paste the link, and submit.
    • Provided all of the above is correct, your image will now be embedded when you submit your post.

NickWebster87, cavedave and F2brewers like this.
  6. F2brewers

F2brewers Champion (820) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society Trader

@OandJinAustin

You continue to use the site and flake on your responsibilities.

Time is ticking on the life of your account here.

Don't think we won't use further public shaming against you if you fail to respond further and deal with your outstanding trades.

7. nsheehan

nsheehan Devotee (421) Jul 3, 2011 Texas

No, haven't drank with him since May.

@OandJinAustin texted me once I posted in this thread.
    It doesn't seem like he's trying to hide, so I am hopeful of a resolution even if it takes some more time. I fully agree communication needs to be sharp and frequent after such a long delay.

If the box is packed and labeled soon, I will personally pick it up from him and drop it off for shipping if it helps people get their beer.

I'd suggest keeping the account open for now so people can try to contact him on here. Austin drinkers will 'prod' him to fulfill.

8. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

The ball is in his court. Whether or not the Austin community continues to prod him to come
    clean will not impact his account status.

Only his actions matter.

If he continues on this path, he'll be banned and some of his info will be made public.

9. dmbforever

dmbforever Aspirant (284) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Nothing personal, but Im not quite sure why he needs *proding* on the matter. We are talking about a grown man right?? It is just a box of beer he needs to send out and nothing more. He's fully aware of his obligations, knows about the thread, responded in the thread, and has been perusing the site. I get that you are trying to help out and maybe you are friends with the guy, but from an outsider (trader) looking in...I'll say it...he's a complete d-bag in my book and I'm sure many others that may not be as vocal or open are thinking the same thing. Surely would have gained some respect back had he *calmly* came on board and simply said "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" I'll get right on it to make it right. To each their own though.

10. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,442) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

This is what happens when you deal with an individual who uses the word "dope" as an adjective on a regular basis.

11. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (5,526) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

I had a trade set up with him a couple of months ago. After two weeks of not sending a package he backed out because he 'changed his mind' after I went out of my way to save beers for him. Avoid this guy.

12. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Poo-Bah (1,939) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Society

13. afish

afish Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Massachusetts

I'll say it once again - and I can only speak on my own behalf - but @OandJinAustin has remained in good contact with me. True - I've yet to receive beer from him and am still waiting on him to ship, but I think calling him a "d-bag" if you've had no actual personal interaction with the guy is a bit much. Maybe he came in here a bit strong, but I think my own feathers would be a bit ruffled if I had anonymous people all lambasting me on a bad trader thread.

On the flip side, was it good trading etiquette on his part? No. I've been exceptionally flexible with the guy on shipping and he has continually promised me that he is going to make it up to me. You can jump to calling me a sucker, but I am still hopeful that he is going to send me some beer because in personal conversation with him he has been pretty responsive and straight-up (I hope) with me - which pretty much corroborates @nsheehan 's perspective. Either way, I will be sure to post the exciting conclusion - good or bad - of my trade with him.

14. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,173) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

I hope you get your beer and good for you that you remain hopeful and somewhat forgiving.

But, we now know of at least 2 people who have sent him over $100 of beer each which he has probably started drinking and he has sent NOTHING in return, something looks off with this picture. When you agreed to a trade, did he promise a shipping date? Did he have the beers in hand already?

Good traders have trades that should be simple. I have beer you want, you have beer I want. We agree to a trade, put said beer in box and send it on its way. My guess is 99% of the trades go like this. These two accounts of this guy and one account of a backed out trade is a bunch of crap, most of us would never accept his BS.

15. afish

I totally get this and you by all means might be right. Furthermore I am really happy to see the "due process" of the BA community and how many people jumped in to help. We even had someone who has his contact info and personally reached out to him to try and help anonymous BAers like me. But its for that exact reason that I feel somewhat obligated not to rush to conclusions on @OandJinAustin - particularly while he's continued to be responsive with me. He's has expressed similar problems to me of planning a wedding, moving to Austin to start up a new restaurant and some other random acts of God that life throws at you from time-to-time. Could he be full of shit? Absolutely. But why would he go through the trouble of posting pics of his haul, providing me feedback on how much he liked the beers and still remaining communicative with me?

I've given him a hard deadline to ship (Sept. 1st) which gives him time to get back from the trip. If he can't get it done I will certainly insert my foot into my beer-free mouth and shed one solitary tear of disappointment in the human condition. Here's to hoping you are wrong @jrnyc - at least for my own beer satisfaction.

16. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,807) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

It feels like you keep tagging him to prod him along. If he has those obligations, which are known well in advance (wedding, moving, etc) then he shouldn't be trading. Pure and simple.

I do hope all involved get the beer they are owed but don't forget the hassle it was in dealing with him when it comes time to leave trade feedback if anyone actually used the system.

LehighAce06, johnyb, jshusc and 6 others like this.
  17. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

Agree completely.

"He's has expressed similar problems to me of planning a wedding, moving to Austin to start up a new restaurant and some other random acts of God that life throws at you from time-to-time."

Those are not random acts of God that life just throws at you from time-to-time. They are huge, life-altering decisions, and if you know they are going to be consuming a majority of your time, don't engage in trading until you have the time and resources to live up to your end of the deal.

18. afish

Those are not the "acts of God" I was referring to, but you are right about the other obligations.

19. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Despite all of these alleged time consuming problems he's got, he continues to check this site (and even this thread) multiple times every day.

Surely there's enough time to at least respond here to update the community on what action he's taking to right his outstanding trade situations.

@OandJinAustin your time is just about up. Respond publicly (and soon) and let us know the current situation, what your trade partners can expect and when they can expect it.

Those of you with his contact information, BM one of the staff please (preferably me) so that we can confirm existing data and prepare the next steps.

20. dmbforever

dmbforever Aspirant (284) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

UcDru, Brewzer1010 and rockernino like this.
  21. Mattygross44

[​IMG] This was the last thing i recieved from him. At first it was never about the money but just the time. I won't hold my breath but as you can tell in all CAPS He will ship my beer.

22. Mattygross44

And i get it life happens but you shouldnt agree to a trade id you cant make time for it.. I work over 100 hrs a week on a Ambulance i have twin identical boys due in a month and take care of my wife who is a high risk pregnancy! And still made time to ship his Damn beer... Sorry excuses to me go in one ear and out the other. Ive been pretty cool and chill about it but there comes a time when enough is enough

23. Mattygross44

[​IMG] Oh and this is the proof i sent his stuff over a month ago w tracking number from fedex. But now like i said he has my info and wont hold my breath if he does actually ship. Thank you all for your advice and helping me through this and what to do

24. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Devotee (452) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

Hey, twin boys. Congrats!

NickWebster87 and Mattygross44 like this.
  25. Mattygross44

@Vanlingleipa thank you its gonna be a adventure im sure lol Oliver & Owen are thier names

nsheehan and NickWebster87 like this.
  26. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Zealot (512) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Society Trader

"Defiantly took way to long" said Mr Freud

27. tommyz

tommyz Initiate (0) May 28, 2007 Michigan

Congrats @Mattygross44 !!

On the beer thing, I still hope you guys get it...I see financial reasons are now popping up..Stunning I say, Stunning!!:rolling_eyes: Worst part is, this guy had the Gaul to already drink the beer that was sent to him..Please guys matty and @afish HoPEFULLY when you get your box you will leave the appropriate feedback...This is NOT a good trade and will never be one..

28. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Disciple (389) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Exactly. Life craziness is an excuse for missing an agreed upon shipping date and maybe shipping a week late or so. It's not an excuse for failing to ship for over a month and then still failing to ship for a week after your trading partner is forced to make a bad trader thread about you. I mean, Christ, it takes what, a half hour to pack a box at most? When push comes to shove, anyone can find the time to do that. At the point your trade partner stops being cool with the delay, you just sack up and fit the boxing into your crazy hectic schedule, inconvenient or not. And the financial excuses are just horse shit. Unless you don't even have the beer, in which case you're an even worse trader for stringing the dude along all this time, shipping is like 20 bucks. You can't scrape that together? Are you on food stamps? Jesus, get your shit together already and just be done with this baloney.

Mattygross44 likes this.
  29. NickWebster87

NickWebster87 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Massachusetts

He clearly doesn't understand how this site works, even if he "makes good" with these trades no one that has seen this thread will ever trade with him on here again. "Nothing gonna come from people bashing me", well "nothing gonna come" from you ignoring the thread when there's proof you've been reading it.

craft_is_king likes this.
  30. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Initiate (166) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

That's what kind of bugs me about these threads. He has no incentive to make good because most people wouldn't trade with him anyway. He'd be better off moving to a different site or something. I guess that's why the mods have started posted the user's real name etc., but the odds of somebody seeing that here and remembering it aren't that great.

Mattygross44 likes this.
  31. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Devotee (452) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

There is truth to what you guys are saying, but...

Oandjinaustin would be far better served to suck it up and take care of his obligations while he still has a chance.

1) Remember, he will be shipping first for quite a while. That's a 'no lose' situation for any future trading partners.

Beer Advocate is by far the largest beer-related informational/social/trading site on the planet, really. Tossing that aside would be a pretty bad mistake on Oandjinaustin's part.

#71 Vanlingleipa, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Mattygross44 likes this.
  32. brian4beer

brian4beer Initiate (188) Jan 27, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

By reading his conversation posts to Mattygross above I am not sure he clearly understands the English language...

Fargrow, kmello69, NYCBUCKEYE and 3 others like this.
  33. UcDru

UcDru Devotee (429) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Agree with this...these aren't exactly life events that sneak up on you after all. At the end of the day packing a box of beer takes less than an hour of your day and if you don't have the time to do that because of pre-planned life events maybe it is not the right time to be engaging in trades.

jrnyc and PA-Michigander like this.
  34. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (3,108) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

The worst scammer in the history of this side,jojomdma, was in constant contact with his victims, if I recall, and strung them along enough to get away with a lot, no, make that a LOTTTTTTT!!!!!! of beer from many people. Mikesgroove had every excuse in the book, and a great line of constantly changing shit, and folks giving him the benefit of the doubt while he did the single biggest scam ever. Pardon us for thinking the worst, but we have seen it all.

35. UcDru

UcDru Devotee (429) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Financial restraints now popping up and honestly this makes a lot more sense than his previous excuses. Beer trading is not a cheap hobby and it appears as though he got in a little too deep now has to plan to dig himself out. I agree that it is imperative appropriate feedback is left based on experience here and encourage others to ask him to ship first.

I also would advise that he stop reading this thread and ignoring it thinking it will go away. I don't know how much bashing was going on but if he would have jumped straight in and admitted fault : "Yes I owe boxes, Yes I am really behind however I will make good on them and will remain in constant contact" he could have saved himself a lot of headache. Owning up to your faults can be difficult but let's remember it is you who create your faults.

36. Eziel

Eziel Meyvn (1,070) Jan 31, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Wow. this stuff is crazy! I hope this works out for everyone.

cavedave likes this.
  37. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Initiate (0) May 10, 2009 Texas

To echo (kind of) what @cavedave is getting at -- and absolutely no offense meant to @Mattygross44 or @afish -- y'all are really new to the site in relative terms. If you are as new to trading as you are to the site, then it's understandable why you might think this Austinite's (you're embarrassing the state, @OandJinAustin) behavior isn't completely inappropriate, but I assure you, it is. Hell, I've been known to drag ass on trades at times, but I always make sure my partners know we're a one-car household and so getting to FedEx when the fiance is working is not always the easiest. And of course, the box always goes out.

Unlike the above, where I drag ass, communicate, and send beer to people, this guy is stringing you along, sending you pictures of beer that have nothing to do with his excuses, and shows no sign of remorse or evidence of getting his ass in gear and taking action. I hope he proves me wrong, but let's not mince words and avoid the fact that he's broken about every rule in the trading etiquette book so far.

rightcoast7 and cavedave like this.
  38. OandJinAustin

OandJinAustin Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2015 Texas
    Deactivated

Ok first off I'm going to preface this with after the thread was posted, I did indeed contact the OP immediately and my exact words echo what was implied I should have done in the first place which was say.., yes as many have highlighted the fact that many of the reasons I have replied with for taking way longer than intended were not "string alongs" and I have never intended to screw anyone over. I've also told the op that with going on an expensive trip on Sunday and having to pay way more out of savings tht originally planned with other things coming up before the trip it left me between a rock and a hard place on being able to ship both boxes. I have also been in constant contact with @afish and we have agreed on a final deadline of when his box will arrive which is also when I will be sending the OP's box simultaneously. Between that time there is truly nothing I can do except apologize for how long it has taken, which I thought I had done but I guess it came across as defensive or insincere which was not intended at all. Also @MosaicDrops i apologize for using dope as an adjective, didn't realize that turns me into "that kinda person that uses the word dope"

39. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

fwiw, I wasn't the one who called you out on your diction.

#79 MosaicDrops, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  40. Mattygross44

If you all read above on 7/13/15 i was told it would be shipped in the next couple days .. I kept asking after i never recieved anything and it kept being dragged out with excuses ... You even told me my box was packed it was never about money just about the time... I can post that convo on here for people to see too?? Intentions are one thing but i can care less about your "Expensive trip" dont talk to a man with a high risk pregnant wife with twins who cant work about expenisive trips. Let me tell you what expenisive is... Expensive is shipping a box across the country and not recieving Shit back. I take your words that you will ship my beer but regardless what has been said it comes down to what has been DONE. Actions speak louder than words. I accept your apology but also you have never accepted my trade request that was sent over 21 days ago??? So i will sit here and hope you make good on your words but i can promise i will not be trading with you again. @OandJinAustin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.