Bad Trader Oandjinaustin

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Mattygross44, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OandJinAustin

OandJinAustin (0) Jan 10, 2015 Texas
    Deactivated

@Mattygross44 And I was you I totally wouldn't contemplate trading with me again either, and your point is a hundred and ten percent valid. Hoping in some form or fashion when you do receive the beers, you'll be able to tell i at least tried to make it right by what I'm sending. Congrats as well on the little ones, and as you stated you have my cell so if you wanna talk just text or call.

2. lookrider

lookrider (0) Apr 22, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Holy cow man! I've followed this thread and now you're trying to sound remorseful, reasonable, congratulatory - but still at the mercy of circumstances and without a hard shipping date. Why not try this? Drop whatever the hell you're doing and fulfill your obligations to get the boxes out to the people you owe. Seriously, how long will it take? At this point, it sounds like you're still stringing people along

3. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 (0) May 10, 2009 Texas

He's too busy spending time sending me messages upset for "jumping on him" and I've repeatedly tried to explain that the only thing that matters is shipping the beers.

4. cavedave

cavedave (0) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

Excellent. What day will you be shipping? That is the only important thing here. When. Are. You. Shipping? This is a community that takes care of its own, has seen and heard every excuse, and now it is time to get past the excuses, send the beer, post the tracking numbers, and make right for folks that, despite every pleasant or unpleasant denial, you have stolen from. So, again, only need a few word response now. When. Are. You. Shipping?

5. OandJinAustin

Deactivated

I have told OP and the other trader the boxes will be shipped on the 2nd the day I'm back in the states. That's the only and earliest time I can swear to.

6. dmbforever

dmbforever (0) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

@OandJinAustin

Although all parties involved failed to do this from the get go, and since actions do speak louder than words.....are you going to accept the *trade request(s)* from your trade partner(s)?

cavedave likes this.
  7. OandJinAustin

Deactivated

I've already accepted both of them. @dmbforever (is that Dave Mathews Band forever?)

Badfish and Yohann like this.
  8. Mattygross44

Mattygross44 (0) Feb 25, 2015 California

[​IMG] This was the last thing i was told when it would ship. He never told me he was gonna ship in any type of private message "the 2nd he gets back from his trip" i just heard this today in this thread... So now i can know when to expect my beer. I will leave it alone at that now.

9. OandJinAustin

Deactivated

I hadn't heard from you in a PM since Monday and I replied weds with no response, so I figured this thread would suffice since I know you were reading it.

10. F2brewers

F2brewers (0) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society Trader

If that's your POV, post the dates here so everyone knows. That way there's no squishy he said she said claims. It's all pretty simple from there.

Your credibility is not exactly pristine at this point.

11. Immortale25

Immortale25 (0) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Yeah, it was me

JStampler and NickWebster87 like this.
  12. Mattygross44

@OandJinAustin oh i see it but i have nothing to say to you privatly anymore its been nothing but me being understanding of all your excuses and has obviously got me know where until now

13. JavaNoire

JavaNoire (0) Dec 4, 2010 Iowa

@OandJinAustin it's been just about a week since your last post. Have you shipped? If so, do your trading partners, ie victims, have the tracking #? This is beyond ridiculous.

14. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

he continues to log in and in my conversations with @Mattygross44 no ship date has been offered here or through any other means of communication.

last chance @OandJinAustin ... state your intentions, including ship date, publicly. if you fail to do so, you're done here and we'll publicly shame you further.

JavaNoire likes this.
  15. Yohann

Yohann (0) Apr 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Er...I have zero desire or reason to stick up for this dude, but it looks like he said he would ship on September 2nd.

#95 Yohann, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  16. Mattygross44

Thats just it did he mean sept 2nd? Or mean it like the "second" he gets back from his trip? I have not been given a exact date that my beer will ship. I only heard that he would ship my beers. Whatever has been said by him on this thread is all i have to go off of. I almost just giving up by now its beyond ridiculous

17. dutesanch

dutesanch (0) Apr 22, 2014 California

So this guy has the money for a trip but not enough money to FedEx you the promised beer. I'm sorry for you Matygross. It sounds like you're going to get stiffed on this one. Life's short, don't grow any ulcer over this flake. Have faith that for every bad trade you'll have many good ones. Good karma will swing your way. I got stiffed once last year for over $120 in beer and since that time have had many great trades and established a few regulars from all over the country.

This guy is not worth your time or worry anymore. Just my $.02

jrnyc likes this.
  18. OandJinAustin

Deactivated

I'm in Europe, which the trip was paid for close to a year ago. I said I'm back on the 2nd and will ship then. I also went very far out of the way to some shops to grab a couple sorry for the ridiculous wait bottles I think you'll like matty. Sorry unless on wifi, connection sucks and won't let me submit post. And I did state the 2nd

Mattygross44 likes this.
  19. OandJinAustin

Deactivated

@F2brewers shame me further, what in the hell? And ban my account? Ok sweet man. Great conflict resolution.

mike0802 likes this.
  20. cavedave

cavedave (0) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

Everyone just wants a resolution, including the moderators.

You have stepped up and said you will make right for folks on Sept. 2, we will be looking forward to you doing the right thing and folks getting their beers.

Please don't hold it against us if we act a little bit like "gee we have heard that line of bullshit before from other scammers," and I am sure you can believe that we have. I am certain that if you are the kind of person whom you claim to be this is easy to understand. We are trying to help fix this.

Now you can finish your responsibilities on the 2nd as you promise, with the folks from whom you stole beer (yes, until you make good that is what you did) and all this will go away. If not I guarantee that your name and address will be posted on every trading page on the internet within a day. This is where we are now. Cheers!

craft_is_king, 4truth, jrnyc and 4 others like this.
  21. 4truth

4truth (0) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Wow, you're to be commended. :rolling_eyes: That's the very least you can do at this point for @Mattygross44. You should be planning on sending him several boxes including some of your best bottles in addition to what was agreed upon.

22. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

If you don't man up, that's exactly what will happen.

The only reason the OP has a chance of getting what you owe him is because you've been called out on it by the community.

This isn't touchy feely aww shucks time where we hold your hand and tell you it's ok to steal beer from people. We're way past that.

At this point, the community looks at you as a liar and a thief. Fulfill your responsibilities or you're done.

Enjoy your pacifier for the day.

23. jrnyc

jrnyc (0) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

That is pretty damn rich of you, you are calling someone else out for conflict resolution??? You have a lot of nerve. This whole conflict started because of your bad trading habits. Also, it took you 4 days from the day you were called out in this thread before you finally had the guts to show up and post in it, all of the time we knew you were on-line and reading the thread. Is that how you handle conflict resolution????

I am glad I never had the misfortune of trading with you.

24. dmbforever

dmbforever (0) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Threads like this are a HUGE reminder of how thankful I am of having awesome RTP's and have been lucky over all my trades so far, to not run into anything like this. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Mattygross44, NickWebster87 and UcDru like this.
  25. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

This shit's exactly why I don't ship beer. Never had a problem getting all my beer, and getting it safely home with an IP trade.

vette-ss likes this.
  26. kmello69

kmello69 (0) Nov 27, 2011 Texas

Well, this is sad to see. I don't know this guy personally - he reached out to me once for an IP trade, but communication was so awful that I deleted the conversation - but I've asked around the local craft community to find out who he is.

What I see here are a whole lot of lies and excuses, and I don't foresee this ending well.

He said the box was packed and ready to go in July, but that wasn't really true. He said one of the (many) reasons he couldn't ship was because of an expensive trip, but then he contradicted himself by saying that the trip was planned, and PAID FOR, a year ago, so that wasn't really true either. One lie, deception, and misdirection after another.

I hope you get your beer, OP. If not, let me know and I'll see what I and others in the Austin beer community can do to make it right.

27. ZombieHead

ZombieHead (0) Feb 14, 2014 Illinois

I find it incredible anybody could understand what he is saying to set up a trade in the first place...

NickWebster87 likes this.
  28. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

...and this is over.

@OandJinAustin retired his account earlier today. In the process, he proved right all of the haters.

Locking this but leaving it up for reference.

If you have further questions, contact a mod as we have additional info available.

OP, let us know if we can help make this right.

Update as of September 13th: user @afish received his box.

Update as of September 18th: @Mattygross44 still hasn't received anything.

#108 F2brewers, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.