Bad Trader: tristana123

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Rustytacos, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Aspirant (249) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

Yeah I know that, what I meant was I traded with him based on the positive feedback. I had originally left neutral feedback back and no one apparently knew they had bad bottles till now. I traded for a bbt3 back in March to open for later in the year and still wouldn’t have known about it.

2. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (423) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

3. beer4miles

beer4miles Initiate (83) Nov 6, 2017 Vermont
    Trader

Almost exactly the same story for me. I traded last November for a BBT2 to open with my dad for Father’s Day. That’s the bad part of “whales”, you want to save them for the perfect occasion and so they sit in your cellar for too long. Like others mentioned, I was so happy to finally land a BBT that I didn’t question too much about the trade. Nor did I want to be “that guy” and leave neutral feedback based on his not good/not bad behavior. Moving forward I’ll be a more critical, and more likely to leave neutral feedback if something isn’t quite right.

#363 beer4miles, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    OakvilleKGB, hopley, rmpic82 and 4 others like this.
  4. Duncan83

Duncan83 Initiate (86) Oct 7, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Sorta feel like the guy in Encino Man. I just now woke up and finally got around to reading this thread after seeing it mentioned on facebook yesterday. As I'm reading, I kept getting that feeling that tristana123 sounded familiar. A quick check of my past conversations, and sure enough, he reached out to me on my BBT b3 ISO back in April when my two buddies and I were trying to find a bottle. He decided after some back and forth that he wasn't interested in my + options though; fortunate for me because I was ready to trade if he agreed. Even more fortunate for me that I ended up trading for a legit bottle via facebook because I can't imagine how it would've played out with my other two buddies had we discovered a fraud bottle.

Seriously though, I feel for those that he scammed. I've got a knot in my stomach after reading all 10 pages.

5. Duncan83

Trader

I also remember sharing the conversation with @flat_lander and we both thought something seemed odd when the guy asked me what VSOR was when I offered it as an extra. Looking back, he was obviously trying to figure out exactly what I was offering so he could get a secondary price check

6. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (729) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Crazy. I'll also add, that our first quick impressions of tristana123 was that he was kind of a tool. And I quote myself here, "I say screw that person. A trader I respect with their opinion on big trades is good with your offer. You don't need to add for this." I feel like my Beer Karma score should go up for that.

On top of that, @CRWalton , remember when I asked a few months back on your take on a BBT offer from a fellow trade partner? Yep, that's this one. Appreciate the assist man.

7. CRWalton

CRWalton Initiate (187) Jun 6, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

was that the BA coco vibes/ bacsv trade? I remember that one...hopefully they lived up to expectations bud.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  8. flat_lander

Society Trader

Nah, that was a different trade inquiry. April got boring and lots of trades happening back then!

OakvilleKGB and CRWalton like this.
  9. Ericstl6

Ericstl6 Initiate (111) May 26, 2008 Missouri
    Trader

Just wanna clear up that the internship that Raj had at Perennial was not recent. He ghosted on them and STL a while ago. I was honestly pretty surprised when he showed up at BBT weekend because I hadn't seen him since he bailed.

10. Hopelessly0

Hopelessly0 Aspirant (255) May 13, 2019 California
    Trader

Thanks for the clarification, just something I saw on FB, wasn't trying to drag Perennials name into this scandal. Do you know what he was doing before entering the beer scene?

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  11. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (1,508) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

selling Louise Vujton hand bags and super rare vintage Polex watches

12. Ericstl6

Ericstl6 Initiate (111) May 26, 2008 Missouri
    Trader

I do not.

OakvilleKGB and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  13. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (464) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

It's pretty wild to think how much that dude's life has changed this week (totally a self inflicted wound so I'm not saying I feel bad for him or anything, just an observation)... Reputation- done. Job- done. I literally wouldn't leave the house if I was him in fear of the beer community finding me and completely whipping my ass.

Can you imagine his next job interview? "So, tell me why you left your job at CBC." Wellllll...

Life comes at you fast.

14. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Champion (855) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I looked into my crystal ball and his future doesn't end well for him. After the door to beer counterfeiting closed he dabbled in creating his own cryptocurrency called Rajibucks where he clears close to $2billion in stolen money before authorities catch him. After paying a harsh fine of $200 million he is sentenced to house arrest for 20 years on his private Bahamian Island.

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  15. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (464) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

What's the exchange rate for Rajibucks to Stanley Nickels?

16. Dactrius

Dactrius Poo-Bah (1,590) Apr 23, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Are we positive that they knew that they were protesters and not that they thought it was an angry mob from BA coming to get them for their part in the BBT scheme?

17. TylerJ

TylerJ Disciple (340) Apr 10, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

evilcatfish and rmpic82 like this.
  18. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,689) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

All of which you would think might have crossed his pea-sized brain. However, in my experience, people like this never consider these sorts of possible eventualities, as they're convinced they're smarter and more clever than everyone else and no one will ever find out.

My guess is that even now he probably figures he'll devise a way out of this; some way he can put this behind him and no one will ever find out about it. I also feel pretty confident his last job with CBC isn't something he's likely to include on his resume, or list as a reference.

hopley, beer4miles, Duncan83 and 7 others like this.
  19. rudzud

rudzud Poo-Bah (7,045) Apr 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Oh grasshopper, there have been sooo many good ones over the years. Things have just calmed down over the past few.
    In a perfect world maybe but unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up whatsoever.

20. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Savant (919) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Rudy Kurniawan's release date is scheduled for November 7, 2020, so perhaps this dude can take over his cell for beer fraud for 10 years too! Makes me sick as I have been reading thru all this but I believe in karma and he will get what he deserves and then some.

21. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Champion (855) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Or it could be like the Jeffrey Epstein documentary where they guy running a ponzi scheme gets a call from a friend recommending Epstein for the business because he's unscrupulous.

22. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Aspirant (207) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

And he will taken directly to the airport to be deported back to Jakarta. Right back into the lovng arms of his gangster family... (if you believe Sour Grapes)

tacosandbeer likes this.
  23. Duncan83

Trader

As my wife was catching up streaming her Best of The Bachelor last night, I was trying to explain to her (unsuccessfully) how I too was in the middle of my own must-read drama.

For me, this is right up there with my annual Friday evening tradition of not being to put my phone down until I'm caught up on all the Bourbon County release day stories.

24. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (288) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I was deleting old emails, and I saw that tristana123 reached out to me in mid April offering his BBT! I thought that name looked familiar. Thankfully BBT wasn't my iso, so i declined. dodged a bullet.

25. flat_lander

Society Trader

Do we know how long he was doing this? When is the first documented trade for a fake that we know of? I know the conversation @Duncan83 and I had about him was back in mid-April.

Victory_Sabre1973 likes this.
  26. MattOC

Trader

Based on his first trades logged with @nmoe and @beer4miles, from September and November of 2019, respectively, and I believe those involved BBTs, it’s been going on for awhile.

Plus, others that have left feedback from him after those trades I don’t believe have chimed in regarding the bottles they received, BBT or not.

27. jamshard2mash

jamshard2mash Initiate (118) May 4, 2017 California
    Trader

Curious if some of these bottles have been traded unknowingly a 2nd time as well

28. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (113) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Correct, I traded with him at the end of August for a BBT b2.

29. MattOC

Trader

Here’s one example from earlier in this thread.

30. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,689) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

This thread has gotten pretty long and so I didn't try to read through it again, but my recollection is that some of the victims who chimed in on this thread advised that in some instances they had either traded or given the bottles to other traders.

31. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,095) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Underrated comment.

32. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Aspirant (249) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

So far just from this thread only @wisnia101 has mentioned that he traded his bad bbt away.

33. Pinz412

Pinz412 Aspirant (251) Nov 20, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

That's the thing that I just can't comprehend in this situation and others like it. How can you have the hubris to think that you'll get away with something like this because you're so clever, but then not even take the time to match the bottle caps correctly? This community pays attention to every little detail of every tiny nuance to an obsessive degree. It's just mind boggling that somehow he thought he'd never get caught.

This amazes me as well. It takes some real chutzpah to turn his nose up at what I'm sure was a very generous offer when peddling fake wares. It's almost like he started to think he had the real thing. I'm happy for you that you dodged that bullet, and I feel for those that he took advantage of. This dude sounds like a delusional scumbag of large proportion.

Dimidiata, Duncan83, jrnyc and 3 others like this.
  34. flat_lander

Society Trader

He was literally going for maxx profitz.

35. rudzud

rudzud Poo-Bah (7,045) Apr 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Exactly.

tacosandbeer and OakvilleKGB like this.
  36. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (1,508) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I mean eventually someone was gonna open a bottle. Im pretty anti hype but I don't doubt that BBT and other whales are excellent stouts. It sounds like he just dumped some random stout in there as if someone wouldn't notice the difference. Maxx profitz motive for sure. That fast money can cloud your vision. I think DMX and Jet Li made a movie about it

37. alexdepalex

alexdepalex Initiate (38) Jan 11, 2017 Netherlands
    Trader

Was your bbtb2 fake?

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  38. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (187) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

I know it wouldn't be sincere but it would be nice to actually hear an apology from this guy. He keeps rejecting my Instagram friend request :slight_frown:

39. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (113) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Yup, there are pictures further up this thread of my bottle compared to a real one.

40. alexdepalex

alexdepalex Initiate (38) Jan 11, 2017 Netherlands
    Trader

You didn't remove the wax to check the cap, right?

Junior likes this.