Baerlic Brewing - New Brewery in Portland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by TheeWalrusHunter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Oregon

I was just down at Harvester Brewing In SE Portland (great gluten free beers by the way - never thought i would ever say that) and a few things struck me that the guy working the taps said. First, there is a new brewery opening up shop on SE 11th and Sherman, called Baerlic Brewing. Does anybody know anything about this?

Also, the guy also said that this area is has the most walkable, concentrated amount of breweries in the world. I am not sure if that was an off-hand comment or if it was true but it definitely made me think about it. From my house, I can walk to Cascade, The Commons, Hair of the Dog, Harvester Brewing, Lucky Labrador, Basecamp Brewing, a Mcmenimins, Buckman Botanical Brewery (attached to the Green Dragon and I think Rogue owns it. Its a no hop brewery, but I've never had any of their stuff.), and finally this new Baerlic Brewing.

Have you ever heard of a place that has had so many breweries that can be walked to from each other. its borderline ridiculous.

Here's the website of the new brewery.

http://baerlicbrewing.com

2. TheeWalrusHunter

Shit - just broke the first rule of being an Oregonian - do not talk about being an Oregonian.

Feel free to glance over this post without much thought. Sorry, ill try better next time.

3. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown Initiate (32) Oct 11, 2008 Oregon

walked passed their location the other day but the windows were covered so I couldn't see the progress. The sign said spring 2014.

4. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Aspirant (286) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I guess it depends on your definition of "walkable", but if you lived on 7th and East Burnside you would be 2 miles or less from the following breweries:

Burnside
    Hair of the Dog
    Cascade
    Widmer
    Upright
    Migration
    Coalition
    Harvester
    Commons
    Baerlic (when it opens)
    Buckman
    Lucky Lab
    Base Camp
    Deschutes
    Bridgeport
    Rogue
    Rock Bottom
    several McMenamins
    Tugboat
    Pints
    Ecliptic
    Columbia River Brewing Co.
    Broadway Grill & Brewery (Old Market)
    Natian
    Full Sail Pilsner Room & brewery

Oh, and Amnesia (or whatever the new brewery in their former location is called), is about 2 blocks outside the circle.

TheeWalrusHunter likes this.
  5. TaborTime

TaborTime Disciple (395) Dec 10, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I'm sure plenty of inner eastside points will put you within a two mile radius of tons of breweries, but I think that specific SE/Central Eastside area (The Commons, Harvester, Lucky Lab, Cascade, and in a few months Baerlic) is becoming, or already is, 'Brewery Row'.

TheeWalrusHunter likes this.
  6. TheeWalrusHunter

There is already Distillary Row there.

#6 TheeWalrusHunter, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. BaerlicBrewingCo

BaerlicBrewingCo Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2014 Oregon

Hey there,

We are indeed opening a 10 barrel brewery and taproom in Spring of 2014. Right now are hard at work juggling all the beerocracy of licensing, permitting and the immense amount of fine print that comes along with opening a new brewery, but we are trying our best to keep people updated on our Facebook page if you are interested.

And we are very excited to be so close to so many breweries!

Cheers!
    BenP

Spikester likes this.
  8. TheeWalrusHunter

OMG
    OMG, you do exist! Well happy to have you in the neighborhood. Can't wait to try your beer.

BaerlicBrewingCo likes this.
  9. TaborTime

TaborTime Disciple (395) Dec 10, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Yep. Nothing wrong with two 'rows'. Especially those types of rows. :slight_smile:

Also, there are a couple more big real estate projects in the works around that area. The 'Goat Blocks' across from Cascade will converted into 84,000 square feet of commercial space along with the space in-between Cascade and the Grand Central Building which will have over 5,000 sq ft of commercial space. And that corner spot in the Grand Central Building on 9th and Belmont will be a The Growler Guys location. Hopefully some more brewery-beer related businesses will be in the mix as the Buckman neighborhood is really set to take-off.

10. bfg75

bfg75 Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Boooooo. I liked the goats.

eatabagofbooger likes this.
  11. TheeWalrusHunter

Got another tip. Another brewery, Ex Novo Brewing Company, is going in across the street from the Beermongers in May. So, two new breweries coming to that area.

12. gooseman

gooseman Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.