Baileys Irish Cream

Discussion in 'Other Beverages' started by Shanex, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,297) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Since the Bros just allowed us to discuss other alcoholic beverages beside BEER, I’m starting with the famous Baileys.

I’m not drinking it right now but crave it every time I’m partying or choose it over beer. I’m hardly a good reviewer of other drinks, but the sweetness, milky flavor always blew me away. And it’s cheap. I was able to down one bottle when I was younger (and sillier) in one sitting.

I love Baileys. Do you?

[​IMG]

2. alexanderplatz

alexanderplatz Aspirant (243) Jul 5, 2015 Kentucky

In the winter sometimes I’ll make a hot chocolate with a shot of Bailey’s and sometimes a shot of creme de cacao as well. I don’t think I’ve ever had Bailey’s all by itself but I wouldn’t need a lot of arm twisting to give it a try.

Shanex likes this.
  3. meefmoff

meefmoff Zealot (588) Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I love the taste of Bailey's *in* things but it's never something I'd think to drink of on its own myself. Perhaps if I had more calories to spare I might give it a go :slight_smile:

Might be tough to come by in France, but you'd probably really love this recent stout by Harpoon!

https://www.harpoonbrewery.com/beers/irish-cream-stout-211389

Shanex and Premo88 like this.
  4. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,633) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

I am a big fan of Baileys. Love it in coffee or just poured over ice. Summer or winter this is a solid drink for me.

I am also a sucker for Carolans Irish Cream :beer:

5. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,399) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Before I got into craft I would drink Bailey's in the winter. I also like Kringle.

Bitterbill and Shanex like this.
  6. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,622) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Bailey's is good, especially over some ice cream, but I've always been a Kahlua fan. My parents used to make a homemade version to give as Christmas gifts to their friends when I was a kid. True story - homemade Kahlua.

Shanex, meefmoff, bbtkd and 2 others like this.
  7. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (702) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Try out Five Farms, thank me later.

8. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

I have never seen this before and my local TW carries it, I will be checking this out for sure... Thanks for info, looks solid.
    Cheers

Premo88 and Vitacca like this.
  9. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,116) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Once upon a time (before I got really into beer), I loved Irish cream. Now, I almost never touch it, but I still get gifted bottles (they're .... starting to add up lol).

When I do indulge, I drink it neat, or mixed with Kahlua (makes a wonderful shot!). I prefer St. Brendan's to Bailey's, personally; I find it a touch smoother. Either works, though.

If I'm at a bar with no good beer, no good vodka (or no Kahlua and/or milk/cream), and no good wine, a glass of Bailey's isn't a bad compromise. :slight_smile:

Bitterbill, Shanex, cjgiant and 3 others like this.
  10. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,782) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society Trader

Bailey's is fantastic.

The other day I poured some Bushmills into my iced vanilla latte, and it tasted exactly like Bailey's. I'd forgotten how good that combination of flavors can be.

11. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,548) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

Ex wife two got me into Bailey's. A shot or two after a cold day skiing and all was right with the world. Also great mixed with other beverages, as mentioned above. That gentle creamy booze warmness is a decadent pleasure for sure. Also dig Merry's Irish cream. Mmmmm.

Scrapss, Bitterbill, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  12. beerluvr

beerluvr Meyvn (1,195) Jan 2, 2001 Ontario (Canada)

In my (much) younger years I'd sometimes dump a shot or 2 of Bailey's into a pint of Guinness. Not so sure I'd do that now. Or would I.... :wink:

dcotom and Shanex like this.
  13. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,548) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

Oh man, I noticed that is available near to me at the shop of one of my old customers. I always react positively to the suggestion that I will thank someone later. lol. This thread has got me in the mood for some creamy goodness.

Shanex, AZBeerDude72 and Vitacca like this.
  14. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

[​IMG]

LOL I had to try this, ran over to TW and bought last two they had.

Cheers!! and thanks for tip.

dcotom, Bitterbill, Shanex and 4 others like this.
  15. Vitacca

Society Trader

Hope you like it. Now I feel the pressure.

Shanex, Premo88 and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  16. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

Plan to sip some soon and also fire up some with coffee. I cannot believe I never saw this before, I thought I drank just about everything in life.
    Will post up my thoughts a little later but I am sure I will be enjoying it.

Shanex, Premo88 and Vitacca like this.
  17. AZBeerDude72

Society Trader

Sipping on some now over ice. This is probably the best Irish Cream I ever had. It is beyond smooth. The flavors are just awesome, it is so rich and flavorful it could ruin me on drinking other brands.
    Cheers on this recommendation, it is a home run.

18. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (2,042) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Love Baileys and I usually treat myself to a bottle as a Christmas treat. My local adult beverage emporium had a stack out of Five Farms. Grabbed one and it dint last 48 hours after opening...its good

Shanex and Vitacca like this.
  19. Vitacca

Society Trader

Whew, disaster avoided! That stuff has been a huge success since launching late last year. Glad you like it. Cheers.

Premo88 and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  20. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,610) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I've always enjoyed Irish Cream but rarely buy it...

Shanex and Bitterbill like this.
  21. TheHammer

TheHammer Savant (988) Feb 15, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

It's great in coffee, and it's great when you only want a small bottle, but up here in Ontario Forty Creek Cream wins the day here. The milder Canadian whiskey with a Vanilla touch I find makes a much more enjoyable experience with a cottage coffee.

Shanex likes this.
  22. Scrapss

Scrapss Champion (841) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

I can't argue with that logic. It is especially good at that time.

My wife really likes sipping on a Bailey's & coffee or a Bailey's/coffee/Kaluha/Vodka (if it's a white-russian-coffee like kind of day). She currently has the regular, the cherry and the nutty varieties up on the liquor shelf.

Shanex and cavedave like this.
  23. mambossa

mambossa Disciple (369) Jun 30, 2015 Ohio
    Society

Only in my coffee on Xmas morning or the morning before a long flight :innocent: Never was a fan of drinking it straight

Shanex likes this.
  24. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,622) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Saw some of this the other day. They had a bottle open for samples. It's incredible. I haven't bought it yet, but I will. I tried it next to a local, small batch version and there was no comparison. Five Farms was in it's own league.

Vitacca likes this.
  25. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Defender (641) Nov 18, 2013 Texas

I Scream Ice Cream
    Two parts Bailey’s one part your favorite whisky/whiskey. Shake on ice and pour over ice. I use a straw and 12 year old Glenlivet.