Ballast Point Launch Party at New Bohemia Wednesday 9/11 at 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by UnderbellyAles, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnderbellyAles

UnderbellyAles Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2011 Minnesota

New Bohemia will be launching Ballast Point into the market on Wednesday 9/11 at 6:00 PM.

Tulip pours of Sculpin, Calico, Big Eye and Pale Ale are $5 and a four 5 oz. pour flight is $10.

2. loudmouth

loudmouth Initiate (0) May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Sculpin gets all the attention, but Big Eye is a nice IPA, too.

opwog likes this.
  3. dougofthefuture

dougofthefuture Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2009 Minnesota

I am actually most excited about the Pale. I hope we get cans soon.

4. mjryan

mjryan Maven (1,485) Dec 22, 2007 Minnesota

I was a huge fan of their Big Eye and Black Marlin when they used to distribute here. I've only had Sculpin once and look foward to having it again.

5. Shag

Shag Crusader (455) Jun 27, 2007 Minnesota

Where's the Victory at Sea?

6. opwog

opwog Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

I was just wondering what was happening with this BP coming to MN. I know that Sculpin is the big buzz beer, but I agree with loundmouth that Big Eye is solid. Personally, when I lived there, I went to Big Eye more often than Sculpin. It was amazing when they added the BP carts to Petco Park last season and people could get large pours of Big Eye for the same price as other "premium" beers around the park, such as Stella. Comparatively, you could get Big Eye at the ballpark at a per ounce price cheaper than most SD county beer bars.

7. surlytwinsfan

surlytwinsfan Zealot (576) Oct 5, 2010 Oregon
    Trader

VAS is a seasonal. IIRC, it comes out in oct/nov! Absolutely love that beer!

8. Shag

Shag Crusader (455) Jun 27, 2007 Minnesota

Oh, I know - was just wishful thinking. :slight_smile: One of my personal favs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.