Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Bar for Superbowl near Lake Placid?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by TheNoodleIncident, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TheNoodleIncident

Any suggestions? We are technically in Wilmington, near Whiteface Mountain. The places within Lake Placid were all very nice, but not exactly prime for Superbowl watching (at least the ones I saw. Maybe there are more?). I'm looking for something with lots of TVs, wings and a fun atmosphere. Good beer is a big plus, but I think I can deal with a limited selection if everything else is good.

2. BrewUrbanist

When I was there over the summer, Lake Placid Brewing seemed like a decent spot to catch a game....

3. TheNoodleIncident

We actually tried to get in there on Saturday night, but it was too crowded. Seemed like a nice place, but I didn't see a bunch of TVs so maybe not the best spot for a game? We ended up at the Dancing Bear with a table near the bar, which worked our fairly well. Beer line-up was pretty lame, but great prices till 7pm. And $6 for a huge plate of nachos can't be beat.

4. bosshop

Way too late on this, and I do not recall seeing a television, but there are only three words you need to know in regards to Lake Placid and beer:

Liquids and Solids

That place is ridiculous!!!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe