barfdiggs recipe in latest Beer advocate magazine

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by ipas-for-life, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

Just wanted to say congrats on having your recipe published in the magazine. Was flipping through the new issue this morning and thought it was pretty cool.

barfdiggs likes this.
  2. VikeMan

VikeMan Poo-Bah (2,036) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Which issue is that?

3. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

[​IMG]
    It was this one. I am almost 95% sure it was his. It was first thing this morning and I was barely awake so that is my only defense if I am wrong.

4. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

Thanks a ton for shout out! BM me if you want and I'll send you a bottle or two when I brew the next batch. Cheers!

slickerryan and mountsnow1010 like this.
  5. JimmyTango

JimmyTango Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2011 California

What's the recipe?

So interested! Kudos Barf-

6. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

Imperial Milk Stout w/ Chai Spices and Vanilla Beans. Will BM you recipe if desired.

7. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Minnesota

Ill take a look at that, BM please!!

8. JimmyTango

JimmyTango Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2011 California

Sounds exciting, but not on the radar for my schedule. If you end up typing it up for somebody else copy it over to my BM, otherwise we'll just leave it at virtual high five.

barfdiggs likes this.
  9. inchrisin

inchrisin Zealot (571) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

Congrats Barfdiggs! How does one go about getting published in BA?

10. MLucky

MLucky Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 California

Never mind the recipe, who's that cover model?

11. DrewBeechum

DrewBeechum Meyvn (1,044) Mar 15, 2003 California

Have the guy who writes the homebrew column judge your beer in a competition, but of course. :slight_smile:

barfdiggs likes this.
  12. inchrisin

inchrisin Zealot (571) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

Sounds like a pretty good gig you guys have going for you over there.

13. yinzer

yinzer Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2006 Pennsylvania

Cool beans. Congrats.

14. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,671) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

Nice job hoss. :grinning:

15. DrewBeechum

DrewBeechum Meyvn (1,044) Mar 15, 2003 California

Ok, I'll set the record straight on how this happened before folks spin up too many conspiracy theories.

I've written the BA BYOB column since Issue #1 and have always had great fun with presenting the column in a sort of "Life of an Kooky Homebrewer" and that includes my experiences doing the things I do.

When I judged this year's Doug King Memorial, I judged Ward's stout, completely blind. It made it through the whole competition with me thinking "Hey, this was a really nice beer... I think I'll contact the brewer and ask if they wouldn't mind me presenting it". After the BoS, I discovered it was Ward, who then reminded me he was on BA, yada, yada, yada, etc, etc.

So there weren't no purposeful hunting of column out of that one, just a chance to present to y'all a great beer that happily happens to be from one of our own. (Seriously, the recipe is awesome. Make it, taste it, enjoy it and thank barfdiggs for it!)

If you want to be featured in the column, contact me via BM with an offer sheet and I'll consider it. :slight_smile: (For the humor impaired, no, go away, I'll gladly accept inspirations or topics for a column, but there is no payola for it)

barfdiggs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.