Barrel-Aged Brewhaha fest in Athens, GA 4/13-4/15

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by awalk1227, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awalk1227

awalk1227 Initiate (0) May 2, 2010 Georgia

Here's the link to the event: http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/53121

(Shoot me a Beermail and I may be inclined to divulge what the secret kegs are)

Aromas Craft Beer and Wine bar in Athens is putting on (at least) 10 different beers all aged in a different barrel in an effort to kick off the Classic City Brewfest weekend the right way.

On Tap:

-Founders Curmudgeon's Better Half (Maple Bourbon Barrels)
    -The Lost Abbey Deliverance (Serpent's Stout aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon blended with Angel's Share aged in Heaven Hill Brandy)
    -Iqhilika Chili Meade aged in South African Grenache Barrels
    -He'Brew Vertical Jewbilation aged in Sazerac Rye Barrels
    -Coney Island Albino Python aged on White Oak
    -Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga aged in White Wine Barrels

As well as a special barrel-aged surprise from local Terrapin and a few more secret wood-aged rarities!

Also, for the beer geeks, I've been saving some pretty awesome Flanders Reds/Oud Bruins for a Flanders tasting, if anyone is coming into town and wants to get in on that let me know, I've got:

NEBCO Fancy Pants
    Upland Gilgamesh
    Squatters 529
    Lost Abbey Red Poppy
    The Bruery Oude Tart

And my bottle shop should still have all 3 years of the Rodenbach Vintages, Haandbakk, and Panil Barrique Reserva. Should be fun!

2. poolnbeer

poolnbeer Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2011 Georgia

I'll be up there for terrapin's anniversary so I may have to convince the significant other to go on a date

3. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Savant (953) Nov 13, 2008 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Man, I wish this was in Atlanta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.