Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Asia BAs in Kuala Lumpur

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by kspringman, Jun 17, 2013.

1. kspringman

Hey fellow Asia BAs -

I am moving to KL in July. I'm aware of one craft beer bar (Taps - went last December. Reasonable selection. Love the Milkeller stuff!) and one bottle shop (Ales & Lager - haven't been yet. May check out this weekend while I'm here).

Hoping to meet a few BAs who can initiate to me to the city!! BM me if you'd be up to meet at Taps or any other place you'd recommend.

Kyle

2. clept

I'll meet you for a beer at Taps, however my wife and I are scheduled to leave sometime next month, so I won't be around much longer. Sadly you've pretty much exhausted the list of KL beer destinations. However, Taps and Ales & Lagers are both great places. You can find decent bottles at some of the higher end grocery stores, but aside from what I've already mentioned I haven't found much else.

I'd suggest chatting up the staff at either of those places for additional recommendations.

3. crusian

Beer Trader

I chatted up taps when I was there last fall... Sadly. though the mikkeller sponten series were on special for the ladies because they are ladies drinks according to them. glad I had my gf with me, tried them all for like $8 a bottle. but the staff was useless. best of Luck!

4. kspringman

Ok, fellow BAs... I'm finally in KL. Any one up for a drink sometime? Interested in meeting expats, locals or anyone interested in beer. Feel free to respond/post here or BM me.

I live pretty close to Ales & Lagers, so it's easy for me to get there. Taps requires a bit more planning but is usually do-able. If there are any "new" places, always up for trying those too.

Hope to hear from some BAs here...

Kyle

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe