Batch 4 Fred and Batch 29 Adam

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by gtted, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtted

gtted Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2009 Kansas

Has anyone tried batch 4 Fred or batch 29 Adam lately?? Rec'd as an Xmas gift but haven't tasted any 1998 stuff latest except a Westy 12 and it was excellent. Thanks in advance for ur help

2. darkmoon66

darkmoon66 Aspirant (240) Oct 8, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Why not just drink them and find out if they are good?

sprucetip and YogiBeer like this.
  3. gtted

Guess I'll have to now

4. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

...or post in the cellaring/aging beer forum.

Can't say myself as I've never had the opportunity to try any HOtD beers.

5. jedwards

jedwards Initiate (2) Feb 3, 2009 California

Had a batch 27 Adam earlier this year and it was terrific -- really earthy/leathery, just some slight papery oxidation. Made me very happy.

Haven't had a Fred that old, but by all accounts they age very, very well. I'll ping some guys who opened one earlier in the year and see if they have any tasting notes.

6. gtted

Thank you - I'll hold off for a while

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.