Battle Road Brewing Company

Discussion in 'New England' started by masshlx, Feb 3, 2013.

1. masshlx

masshlx Sep 24, 2003 Massachusetts

Anybody tried them yet? Picked up a bomber of 1775 Tavern ale at my local bottle shop, will be trying it later tonight. Their website is still being put together, looks like this is the only offering right now. Out of Ipswich, Ma.

2. seanwhite

seanwhite Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I think they are out of Concord/Lexington but yes contract brewed out of Ipswich Brewing.

3. pveilleux

pveilleux Feb 3, 2012 Massachusetts

Tried it last night. It was OK. Nothing great, but the price was right (6.95, I think...)

4. Dools9

Dools9 Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Tried the Tavern Ale over the weekend and thought it was decent but most likely would not purchase it in the future.

5. jtdolla911

jtdolla911 Nov 18, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'm drinking it right now (comment awaits moderation, so probably won't be drinking it when you read it). I like it. Not my favorite, but I definitely hope to see it on cask in the future. Good, a little rough on the mouthfeel, and too hoppy on the aroma, but a nice, low ABV pale

6. smcolw

smcolw Jan 16, 2004 Massachusetts

They were at the Boston Globe Travel Show at the World Trade Center today. Reminds me of a decent homebrew.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!