Battle Road Brewing Company

Discussion in 'New England' started by masshlx, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masshlx

masshlx Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2003 Massachusetts

Anybody tried them yet? Picked up a bomber of 1775 Tavern ale at my local bottle shop, will be trying it later tonight. Their website is still being put together, looks like this is the only offering right now. Out of Ipswich, Ma.

2. seanwhite

seanwhite Disciple (395) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I think they are out of Concord/Lexington but yes contract brewed out of Ipswich Brewing.

3. pveilleux

pveilleux Aspirant (271) Feb 3, 2012 Massachusetts

Tried it last night. It was OK. Nothing great, but the price was right (6.95, I think...)

4. Dools9

Dools9 Zealot (515) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Tried the Tavern Ale over the weekend and thought it was decent but most likely would not purchase it in the future.

5. jtdolla911

jtdolla911 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'm drinking it right now (comment awaits moderation, so probably won't be drinking it when you read it). I like it. Not my favorite, but I definitely hope to see it on cask in the future. Good, a little rough on the mouthfeel, and too hoppy on the aroma, but a nice, low ABV pale

6. smcolw

smcolw Poo-Bah (6,201) Jan 16, 2004 Massachusetts

They were at the Boston Globe Travel Show at the World Trade Center today. Reminds me of a decent homebrew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.