Baudoinia: The next BCS variant

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by foobula, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think low barrel was any different from regular BCBS but that was also after fifteen or so palate-destroying beers and intoxicaton, will have to try it on it's own to get a good perspective.

2. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

I had it as my like second beer and I must say I thought it was amazing. It has a weird smoky, earthy funk that mellows it out and made it wonderful. I just wish I didnt write the last two sentences because now I'll have to fight my way to get a pint at clybourn or somewhere else they tap it.

foobula likes this.
  3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

I called it, I figured the low barrel version from FoBAB was this beer. Awesome, my favorite of the four for sure...

4. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Oddly enough, our friend from DeKalb has been silent about all this BCS goodness staying in Chicago.

I really enjoyed the 'low fill' variant at FoBAB. Much more rounded or smoother than regular BCS. Looking forward to having a glass or two on its own.

ETA - Spoke to soon. The facebook post has come to his attention.

mcc1654 and weatherdog like this.
  5. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

I thought we had two friends out that way?

6. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2012 Illinois

I enjoyed the Apple Brandy barrel treatment more than this treatment, but this was the second best IMO. Really mellow, would be curious to see it with some age (I imagine way more molasses than usual).

7. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2011 Illinois

Probably on timeout.

PlayaPlaya likes this.
  8. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Right on Playa.

MarcatGSB and PlayaPlaya like this.
  9. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

10. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2011 Illinois

Playa gonna Play

Lansman likes this.
  11. foobula

foobula Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2009 Illinois

Isn't that what BA is all about? Speculation run rampant? Lol. To be fair I invited speculation with a question in my post, which I subsequently edited out when I answered it. :-)

12. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

There are approximately 10 million beers named after Brett.

CruisaC likes this.
  13. foobula

Yeast is a fungus... mind seriously blown!

14. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Crusader (467) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Just watched that video. Good grief! They need to keep that guy off the camera and just on the brew kettle. I felt bad for him watching that video.

foobula likes this.
  15. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

I wouldn't hire him to do a commercial, but he got the info through on a video that will get a couple thousand views. If he's boring you, there's probably a funny cat video just a click or two away.

crushedvol likes this.
  16. JmH

JmH Aspirant (260) Jun 6, 2012 Illinois

seriously? maybe not the best public speaker, but I wouldn't go that far

on to the subject at hand -- anyone have any ideas as to when this will be hitting area bars? or will this be for special events only?

stevegoz likes this.
  17. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Crusader (467) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Cat videos.....got it.

I'm fine with the content of the video, the information was delivered. I just had a hard time watching that video of him closing his eyes while talking. All the other Fulton & Wood videos were very well done.

Just my opinion.

JmH likes this.
  18. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Per the announcement on facebook:

Assuming this is similar to other F&W releases in terms of quantity (which is, yes, quite the assumption and probably not the case, now that I think about it), it should be spread fairly wide across the city. But given it's a BCS variant (toss another presto log into the Hype Train), it will probably not last nearly as long as other F&W releases.

19. zieglemt

zieglemt Devotee (389) Apr 25, 2011 Illinois

Yeah, should be landing at the usual suspects next week. I know I've seen the other ones at Small Bar and Map Room, think I've also seen one at Revolution and maybe the Gingerman. I don't know if this will be as widespread, nor do I know if bars will just tap them like the other beers or if they will make events out of it since this is a BCBS variant.

20. foobula

Apparently Laffler was unavailable for the video of the beer with his name on it too. Maybe he called in sick that day... ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.