Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Great Britain BBC article on Ampleforth Abbey Beer

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mdagnew, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdagnew

mdagnew May 18, 2005 United Kingdom (Northern Ireland)
    Subscriber

2. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

3. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

I love this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/0/20330909

About how weird Italian brewers are for putting clams and pomegranate in beer.

Bitch please. I can get beers in Essex with mussels, oysters, chestnuts, chocolate and orange in.

4. reprob8

reprob8 May 22, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

somewhat disappointed with the Ampleforth offering, hopefully it will improve when they finally get to brew at the Abbey.

5. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

I live just a few miles away from the abbey, so was quite excited last year when I heard that they would be brewing abbey beer. Having tried it only recently I was distinctly unimpressed - it imitates it's more famous Belgian counterparts but doesn't taste anything like as good. I have a few more bottles; perhaps it will improve with age.

As reprob8 mentions above, once they make a move to brew at the abbey things might get better....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe