BCBS in CA?

Discussion in 'US - West' started by skawars1, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 64vdub

64vdub Aspirant (267) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

It does say "Crazy Prices Always" under their profile...at least they got that right, lol.

FUF77 and Curb71 like this.
  2. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

i kinda wanna go steal a candy bar so i can get featured on his IG

JoshBeerNow, FUF77 and Curb71 like this.
  3. socalnate

socalnate Initiate (0) May 21, 2014 California

Anyone hear of more shipments popping up anywhere in SoCal in the near future? Especially Coffee?

PlinyBeMiney likes this.
  4. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (151) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

Confirming above that Whole Foods in DTLA is sold out. I went this morning and was lucky that an employee found one bottle that someone tried to hide behind other bottles. Thank you to that person!

Also, I have not been fortunate to find any bottles from Ralph's in OC, or DTLA.

5. homer281

homer281 Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2013 California

I think I got all you beat, in Long Beach:

California Heights Market
    2015 BCBS $20

Eddie's Liquor
    2015 BCBS and BCBW $25

6. WestCoastBeerDude

WestCoastBeerDude Initiate (143) Aug 19, 2014 California
    Trader

You forgot ABC liquor:

BCBS 2015 : $25.99

Themightywrenn likes this.
  7. grze

grze Devotee (482) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

I don't think that one place in Hemet was mentioned already, but they had regular BCBS for $29.99 :wink:

8. iamthecarlos

iamthecarlos Initiate (140) Jan 2, 2015 California

Good lord, those prices are ridiculous.

9. jnance88

jnance88 Initiate (101) Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

For anybody still looking, Bevmo Manhattan Beach and Bevmo Torrance both have regular in stock. Limit of 2. $11.99. No variants.

10. CAcker

CAcker Initiate (168) Apr 16, 2012 California
    Trader

A place here in Ventura had BCBS at $29.99. Didn't display any of it. Just said he had it and for that price and then stared at me like he was Jedi-minding me into buying a bunch. I just smiled gave him a thumbs up and walk out. Got it for 11.99 at Bevmo.

Professor_Yeesh and BartS like this.
  11. mudboneINla

mudboneINla Aspirant (205) Jan 17, 2014 California

Gelsons in Pacific Palisades had at least a dozen regular sitting on the shelf at 10.99.

HeavySpeedway likes this.
  12. FUF77

FUF77 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2015 California

There's a few stores in the Temecula/Murrieta area I will not shop at anymore due to outrageous BCBS prices.

13. mudboneINla

mudboneINla Aspirant (205) Jan 17, 2014 California

I picked up a few bottles from Costco in Venice over the weekend.
    The manager said they got 52 cases Wednesday and by time I was there Friday there were 3 cases left.
    Seems like they made a lot of this stuff this year.

14. sean_paul

sean_paul Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2014 California

Yes, Ralph's on Santa margarita parkway in mission viejo received I believe it was 17 cases of regular bcbs. I bought one case and this was around 8:30am on Friday. $9.99/bottle. They started limiting sales afterwards because my friend was not allowed to purchase a case, but 6 bottles max.

15. homer281

Just left this Ralph's, none of them knew what bourbon county is and nobody could find it, assuming it's all gone now.

16. King_Jaffe_Joffer9

King_Jaffe_Joffer9 Initiate (57) Jun 11, 2015 California

Wish we could get the names of these places. If we all knew the names we all could stop patronizing these "A Wholes".

Themightywrenn likes this.
  17. bwelch21

bwelch21 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2014 Wisconsin

Continental has about 10 of them out on display for sale. $19.99/ea so I just walked out. Got 2 for $8.99, 2 for $9.99, and 2 for $10.99 at different places back at home in WI. They also have a decent amount of FW XIX still for sale. $23.99 there so not a big markup.

18. Mshea805

Mshea805 Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 California

The place next to harbor freight? I laughed in that guys face when he told me the price and he didn't seem all that happy about it. H&H on main has some for $20 also, it seems ridiculous but then I remember ive paid pretty much the same for 500ml bottles of Fyodors Classic and BA old Rasputin, haha.

19. Nominoe

Nominoe Initiate (115) Sep 7, 2014 California

Damn continental doesn't usually mark up so much. Parabola was normal price there, I think, and lasted a long time. Oh well. I already bought 2x Regular and 2xCoffee for $19.99 each, afraid it was all I'd see (this was Sunday). I'm not paying that much for any more.

20. iamthecarlos

iamthecarlos Initiate (140) Jan 2, 2015 California

I was at WF on Fairfax today. They got BCBS and BW like most spots. Once he told me the limits, I asked him how much each was, he said he honestly didn't know, "no one ever asks, they just take as much as we let them."

21. 64vdub

64vdub Aspirant (267) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

I went to my local BevMo yesterday just to see if they had gotten any variants from the supposed second wave of shipments. The girl at the register said they had regular...at that point she started to ring me up for 2 bottles and I told her "actually, I'm set on those. I was just checking in to see if you had gotten coffee, rye or rare in". She had this surprised look on her face and said: "so you don't want these?" I politely said no thanks, but thanks for the info. The situation was not computing with her...she looked at me like I was from another planet, lol. I must have been the first to turn down bcbs!

22. sean_paul

sean_paul Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2014 California

According to liquor on the rocks Instagram in Lake Forest they are stocking regular bcbs tomorrow morning. I have no idea at what price and have never been inside just drive by everyday :slight_smile:.

AlexM likes this.
  23. CAcker

CAcker Initiate (168) Apr 16, 2012 California
    Trader

Yep that's the place. Everything in there is marked up a little but that was just crazy.

24. weese

weese Initiate (86) Jun 16, 2014 California
    Trader

My wife just went to Liquor on the Rocks and it was marked up and they wanted you to buy "four other things." She tried buying a six pack of sculpin and they wanted her to buy more. Told her to pass on it.

25. homer281

Why is this more and more the norm? I'm all about supporting small, local business but this kind of attitude will send me to Totalwine exclusively. I've had good luck with Bradley's in Tustin and a few other stores, but lately everywhere I walk into is marking up over 100%.

ptykozoon likes this.
  26. SimcoeKid

SimcoeKid Zealot (591) Oct 12, 2013 California

This one is ridiculous. The price gouging is one thing, it's annoying, but they only charge a lot because people pay it. The making the customer buy random other stuff is probably the worst example of a store owner trying to take advantage of the customer.

27. 3SH33TS

3SH33TS Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2010 California

It's more and more the norm because humans are getting greedier and dumber (accounting for both sides of those types of transactions).

28. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (151) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

These liquor stores are being overly greedy. I was at one store in OC that was shaming Mr. K's for selling at retail. I am ashamed that I didn't say anything to defend them.

I've heard it's just sitting on the floors in some grocery stores in cities like San Antonio. If only we could create some collective where we combine resources to buy from a mule in cities like San Antonio and help drive down demand in SoCal to teach these places a lesson. Just pay the mule in some SoCal beers for their trouble. I was estimating that the cost of a case of regular, plus 12-shipper, plus shipping would probably still work out to about $15 a bottle. In the process, they may even land some variants. But, I know..... breaking the blah blah law....shipping rules, etc.... We all trade here anyways, don't we?!!

29. amsguitarist

amsguitarist Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2014 California

Did Tustin Whole Foods get any variants?

30. Mike100proof

Mike100proof Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2012 California

In June we started a 6 pack goose island for $5.99 program to land most bourbon county. We lost .21 cents every 6 pack we sold (415+ cases). Simple motto, do what you can to offer best beer for customers at a right price. If other store are unhappy with our cheap price i take that as a compliment. I am here to compete myself not some random liquor store that just started carrying craft beer yesterday.

Mike from Mr. K's

#470 Mike100proof, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  31. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (171) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

That is how business should be done. Honestly, if you sold it at 6.25, I don't think anyone would care.

32. dddddddd

dddddddd Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2015 Washington

Afaik not any that were for sale...

TTC and DCLAguy11 like this.
  33. Themightywrenn

Themightywrenn Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2015 California

What places? I'm in that area, but didn't even try to look for BCBS. Didn't think any would even be around here. The only bottle shop I know is Backyard in Murrieta. I wouldn't think the Bevmos would upcharge though.

34. homer281

Mike, you're awesome, that's all.

Mike100proof likes this.
  35. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,461) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Will be passing through Paso Robles today ... anyone know of plain Stout hanging around?

36. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (518) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Fuck them - thanks for posting this - I'm pretty local to the store and will NEVER go in there (glad I've never been either)

37. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2010 California

That's why Mike your store is "The King of OC", you've always been about the customers from day one.

38. ptykozoon

ptykozoon Zealot (500) Jul 18, 2010 California

The one perk to working in a grocery store.

39. jnance88

Trader

Ralphs. El Segundo. 3 cases on the floor. $9.99. Didn't see a limit. I only took one. It's the 13.7% FYI.

40. jnance88

Trader

Sorry. Forgot to mention that it was BCBS. Didn't see any variants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.