BCBS in VA/MD/PA?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by brewingnewbie, Jan 2, 2013.

1. brewingnewbie

brewingnewbie Jul 26, 2011 North Carolina

I have seen some threads from a week or two ago about BCBS in certain areas of maryland and virginia. However, there isn't much new on the subject.

I am driving through VA and MD Friday (via 85N-->95N-->270N-->15N...or....220N-->81N-->11N/15N). Anyone know of anywhere within a 10-15 minutes of these routes that I could stop off and pick up a bottle or two of the BCBS, coffee or buffalo trace? Thanks in advance.

2. JVHBass

JVHBass May 13, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I was in the Total Wine on W. Broad St in Richmond about 2 weeks ago and they had a good amount of bottles just sitting on the shelves that looked to have been there for a while. It was $22/4 or $7/1. I'd call them to confirm first though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were still there.

3. jlflorance

jlflorance Jun 17, 2012 Pennsylvania

Ye olde spirit shop in Frederick MD had multiple cases of BCBS and a case or two of BCBS Coffee last week. That is off 70 right before 270

4. brewingnewbie

That's great. Thanks guys. I called Total Wine and they didn't have anymore (sold out a week ago apparently). I will check out Ye Olde Spirit Shop on my way through and update tomorrow night. I appreciate it.

5. ao125

ao125 Dec 1, 2010 Virginia

There was some at the WFM in Tysons Corners / Falls Church last weekend. I don't know if there still is any or not.

6. ArlVABeerGuy

ArlVABeerGuy Feb 23, 2012 Virginia

Westover Market in Arlington had a few cases as of yesterday.

7. brewingnewbie

I ended up going to ye olde spirit shop. They had the bcbcs amongst other goodies. Thanks for the replies.

8. rhefter

rhefter Nov 10, 2009 Virginia

If anyone still has a BCBS craving, WF Alexandria has it on tap for growlers to go. Off the top of my head I believe it was $39.99 for a 64 oz pour. It was in the cheese bar.

9. Allsmoke

Allsmoke Aug 11, 2007 Virginia

I believe WF Springfield is getting another case of it next week too. I think it was $23.99 a fourpack there

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!