BCBS releases in Louisville, Lexington, Florence Kentucky.

Discussion in 'South' started by bellsfounder, Nov 21, 2018.

1. bellsfounder

bellsfounder Initiate (191) Jan 20, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Will be in Kentucky Tomorrow through Saturday. I was looking for any information and tips on releases and amount of distribution in Louisville, Lexington, Florence Kentucky. I appreciate any feedback!!

2. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Defender (613) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Pick one. Liquor Barns in Louisville and Lexington will have the largest selections, but you won't be finding forgotten variants in those towns, so what you get on Black Friday will probably be what you score.

bellsfounder likes this.
  3. Sturgeon83

Sturgeon83 Aspirant (283) Mar 11, 2015 Kentucky
    Trader

@IMFletcher is correct for Louisville. There's allegedly a good amount of variants available, but you're not likely to find any hiding out after the fact. If you line up at Liquor Barn you'll get your full allotment. Google liquor stores in Louisville and many are getting the variants this year, but LB will have the most.

bellsfounder likes this.
  4. bellsfounder

Trader

I appreciate the information. I noticed in some areas there are a bunch of Liquor Barns, Total Wines, Party Marts and Whole Foods. Is it possible to hit several different stores for different allotments or will it most likely be gone by the time you finish at the first?

5. Sturgeon83

Sturgeon83 Aspirant (283) Mar 11, 2015 Kentucky
    Trader

You'd probably have a shot to get something at multiple locations (not sure of allotments or what we're getting less of), but you'd need to be toward the front of the line in your first stop and plan your next location to be nearby. In Louisville, I'd suggest getting in line early at Liquor Barn Springhurst->shooting over to Total Wine in the Paddock shops. Whole Foods probably won't be real reliable for anything at all here. I'd also suggest places like Cox's, Evergreen Liquors, Party Outlet, Liquor World...basically start early at one of the big boys like TW, Part Mart, Liquor Barn, and then run around.

IMFletcher and bellsfounder like this.
  6. bellsfounder

Trader

Thank You!!

7. IMFletcher

Trader

If you are in Lexington over the weekend, go to Ethereal Brewing Saturday. They have new tap-only variants of their BA stout, Baba Yaga, which was as good as BCBS last year.

8. dscott421

dscott421 Initiate (70) Jun 13, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Also it looks like Louisville is getting coffee barleywine, Lexington isn’t getting that variant from what I’ve seen.

9. reilljt0

reilljt0 Initiate (66) Jul 27, 2014 Tennessee

Hi Folks - any idea where in Lexington will have BCBS on draft?

Planning on going to Ethereal on Saturday as well, but would love some BCBS draft today. Any ideas?

10. IMFletcher

Trader

Not sure, really. I'd check Untappd, and www.lexbeerscene.com