Beer bar coming to Naugatuck, CT?

Discussion in 'New England' started by opwog, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opwog

opwog Defender (656) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

I have been following the goings on with one of my favorite New England bars; The Old Corner, which had some issues under the most recent ownership of the last few years. I heard that it was sold and in reading this article, it doesn't mention a craft beer focus, but it does mention a new 27 line system:

http://www.mycitizensnews.com/features/enter/2013/10/old-corner-cafe-gets-new-owners-name/

Does anybody local know anything more about this, than might be in this article? I have been to Slainte and they did have some decent bottles for a bar like that in Naugatuck, but it could be quite a leap to go from that to 27 taps half of them are BMC pseudo craft. But I have been telling friends for years that location was primed to turn into such a bar. I have also heard that some brewery was eying to open in Naugatuck and wondered if it could be NEBCO thinking of expanding where the leases are cheaper, straight up 63, into Naugatuck.

2. AaronF

AaronF Initiate (180) Jun 23, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

No idea on the bar but NEBCO is moving basically across the street in Woodbridge/Amity.

3. opwog

opwog Defender (656) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

Across 63 (I think that it is called Amity Rd in that stretch) or are you talking about across one of those little streets, sill within that area behind the Stop and Shop plaza?

4. AaronF

AaronF Initiate (180) Jun 23, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

They indicated across 63. Last time I was there they mentioned which building, but I didn't pay attention since I knew it was still close. Should open up shop late 2013/early 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe