Beer Bars in Baltimore/Towson

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by ESeab, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESeab

ESeab Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 New Jersey

Hi All,

I'm visiting a friend tomorrow in Towson and was hoping some of you could give me some recommendations where we could go out to eat. Just looking for reasonably priced food and a killer tap list. I'm doing a bit research on my own but would like some feedback. Thanks, Cheers

-E

2. mvice001

mvice001 Initiate (90) Dec 23, 2007 Maryland

Max's Taphouse in Fells point is the place.

3. ESeab

ESeab Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 New Jersey

Thanks, that's the one I've been eyeing up

4. mendvicdog

mendvicdog Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2006 Maryland

5. apaisncsu

apaisncsu Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2011 North Carolina

yes, Max's...... drooollllll...

6. shutyourface

shutyourface Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2010 Washington

another vote for Max's....amazing selection!

7. Dizzle32

Dizzle32 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 Minnesota

Living in MN but, I love Max's every time I am in Baltimore. It is one of the best in country if I may say so.

8. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,314) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

As others have indicated, if you're looking for a killer tap list, you're pretty much SOL in Towson. Depending upon where you're going to be staying, it's really not a difficult drive to get over to Max's from there (just take I-83 into town, turn left on Pratt St., make a right onto Broadway, and you're there). Still, it's close to a half hour drive to get there from Towson, and depending upon what time you go, parking can be a chore around that part of Fells Point.

Another possible option is Grand Cru over in Belvedere. GC is probably no more than a 10 or 15 minute drive from Towson, and you'll have no difficulty finding decent food there (GC has a limited, but decent menu... but they are located in an excellent food court, and they're completely OK with folks bringing food over from one of the other food purveyors in the market). The have a modest, but well selected tap list (7 or 8 craft/import options), as well as a sizeable bottle selection (they also sell beer and wine retail here). So if you don't want to deal with the drive and parking with Max's, then maybe consider GC as an alternative.

All that aside, if finding a killer tap list is your primary focus, then screw GC, just drive a few more miles and minutes over to Max's and park yourself there. Have fun!

9. Jeffreysan

Jeffreysan Savant (912) Apr 12, 2013 Virginia
    Society

Max's is the sh*t! You have to check it out. Another place that i enjoy when Max's gets too damn crowded is the Pratt Street Alehouse across from the convention center. Nowhere near as many beers, but they serve Oliver Ales which are English-inspired. Really good.

http://www.prattstreetalehouse.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.