Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Beer distribution

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by rvajohn, Dec 25, 2012.

1. rvajohn

Beer Trader

How do you find out what beers are distributed in your area and where?

2. mikeburd1128

seekabrew.com

That just does state by state distro. Otherwise, most brewery's websites should show distro maps.

In my experience, however, the easiest way to learn what is distributed in your area is to visit your liquor stores/bottle shops/etc.

JrGtr likes this.
  3. GCurlow

Most states have a 'Beverage Journal'. Ask a retailer for an old copy and they'd be happy to give you one.

luwak likes this.
  4. UCLABrewN84

I visit beer stores.

bluejacket74 likes this.
  5. rvajohn

Beer Trader

For me, gas is too expensive and time is too limited to drive around to all the beer stores if I am looking for something particular I've never seen before at any of the beer stores I currently frequent. I was hoping there may be an easier way

6. drtth

Most of my beer is purchased from one particular retailer who will order stuff for me if he doesn't have it in stock. He's always been quite helpful in finding out for me if a beer is distributed into the area and in tracking it down for me. So basically I just ask him.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe