1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Beer in Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BeersAndBears, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Looks like Oskar Blues is imminent (a week or so)

2. BeersAndBears

BeersAndBears Devotee (485) Dec 30, 2012 Georgia

Hopefully they bring some Death by Coconut to their launch event!

Ristaccia and BrettHead like this.
  3. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (104) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

nice, good timing on their part, normally wouldn't be too excited but it seems like we've had a bit of a drought as of late in regards to good new to NE breweries.

liked farnam house quite a bit, loved the burger.

BrettHead likes this.
  4. BrettHead

Cans in Beertopia either this Thursday or Friday. Pint night on Jan. 20th

5. fds

fds Initiate (76) Aug 17, 2013 Nebraska

Excited for Oskar Blues. Any word from Brent on if and when Council Bluffs will see Central Waters BA offerings?

6. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

All the launch events in Des Moines were just the core brands.

TomClem likes this.
  7. iowacraft01

iowacraft01 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Iowa

Does omaha extreme beer fest tickets sell out fast?? I know VIP are all sold out. Have a group of 6 and just curious if I should order now??

8. BrettHead

We have a lot of GA tickets left :slight_smile:

If you want to call in and pay over the phone we can hold them at "will-call" and you can avoid paying whatever extra fees you would have to pay with etix.

(402) 905-2603

- Jason

TomClem likes this.
  9. fds

Any word on any other CBS kegs for Beer Week? I won't be able to make it to the Moon by 4 for their event and I don't think that will last an hour.

TomClem likes this.
  10. TomClem

TomClem Initiate (119) Mar 7, 2012 Nebraska

beer week details seem to very lacking outside of Beer Corner, Infusion, and Nebraska Brewing...

11. lvoutlawjlh

lvoutlawjlh Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2012 Nebraska

This sounds promising:
    @BrixBeer: @BrixOmaha has 2 dinners, cheese pairings, rare tappings, barrel releases, casks, sour night, and a virtual brewery tour! #obw2015

CowsandBeer, TomClem and DemoniChris like this.
  12. iowacraft01

13. BrettHead

Yes, we do have a $10 DD ticket available at Beertopia

14. iowacraft01

Thanks!

15. bditty187

bditty187 Poo-Bah (2,419) Jul 10, 2002 Nebraska

I left CB. At the Linden Market Hy-Vee now. It was a fun run in CB.

CowsandBeer, TomClem, fds and 3 others like this.
  16. BrettHead

Central Waters BBS is in DSM. Yesterday morning, I asked on Mall of the Bluffs page just to see what sort of a response I got more than anything (now that Brent is gone). Haven't got a response at the moment.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  17. BrettHead

In fact, reading the IA thread. It's been there for a bit because they re-upped some stores yesterday

18. fds

Well that's the Hy-Vee I do my shopping at so certainly not the worst news for me.

19. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Disciple (398) Sep 24, 2012 Nebraska
    Trader

Ahhh I need to look at this page more often.

20. fds

What does everyone think of the various Beer Week activities? Is anyone planning on going to the ticketed bottle share at the Moon?

CowsandBeer likes this.
  21. ElJosharino

ElJosharino Initiate (198) May 3, 2013 Nebraska

I may do the ticketed share. The sour bottle share they did a few months back with the same format was pretty solid.
    Some of the other events... eh... I hate that the Moon's Mardi Gras party is a "Beer Week Event" just because the date coincides. The bus tour will be a massive shitshow and a huge headache for anyone who has to work at any of the involved establishments. Some of the others are stretches (Speed dating? Really, Benson Brewery? Or Halfway to Oktoberfest... almost...). Others seem interesting, but I have doubts about how well they'll be executed (the 4 way brewery battle and a lot of Jake's events). Beercade's Stone takeover seems promising, they're apparently putting 27 Stone beers on tap. I'll check out Krug's Funkwerks takeover too, and maybe their "Cellar" event as well.

22. Ristaccia

Ristaccia Defender (658) Nov 21, 2012 Nebraska

Generally agreed. I'm looking forward to the ticketed bottle share (as the sour day share was great) and (mess that it'll be) roll out the barrel. Cellared beer night and large-format beer night at Jake's could be promising, as could the Stone takeover at Beercade. Things like the 4-way brewery battle are largely going to come down to what breweries have available for me, and I'm getting a little bored of some of the staples (such as the bike giveaway nights, Chocolate Ale tappings, etc.) even though I realize they're really just marketed at a different crowd.

23. ElJosharino

The main thing at Jake's is that they tend to be so overrun by the general party crowd that it's tough for the people working to give proper attention to the event at hand. The cupcake/beer pairing they did last year was actually pretty good but became an afterthought as soon as the place filled up (the sour event though - a keg of La Folie with a few different fruits on the side that you can throw in your glass if you want to - was not really a must attend). I'll probably check out a lot of their events out of general curiosity, though.
    Agree with you on the bike giveaway/Chocolate Ale/etc. Also the local beer nights, which is a similarly overdone staple. It's nice to provide exposure for local stuff for people who may not explore as much, but going out of my way to find Vanilla Bean Blonde, Borgata Pils, and Zipline Copper Alt all under the same roof isn't especially tantalizing.

24. fds

I think the only event I am for sure going to will be the Barleywine release at Infusion. Otherwise, unless I hear of another CBS being tapped or something else equally as rare, probably won't try to make it any of the weeknight events.

25. BrettHead

I think the Moon should tap 1 or 2 BA beers a night for the entire WEEK of Omaha Beer WEEK but that's just me

TomClem, Ristaccia, dbossman and 3 others like this.
  26. boognish666

boognish666 Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Nebraska

I'll agree with this. Actually, it was perfect the way it was the last couple years on a Saturday starting at noon. How the hell are they planning on doing flights on a Friday night? I've been there on a busy Friday and it's often standing room only. Saturdays were more relaxed and allowed people to slowly roll in and try all the beers so it wasn't chaos.

CowsandBeer and Ristaccia like this.
  27. phayte3000

phayte3000 Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2011 Nebraska

I have my tentative event list: Barrel event at the Moon (2/13), I'll be at NBC all day Saturday and Sunday giving brewery tours to the bus peoples (2/14-2/15), NBC/Farnam House collab (2/16), Inception Series Release + Barrel event at NBC (2/18), Beer + Food pairing with John Holl (2/19), and then I'm one of the volunteers for Extreme Beer Fest (2/21). I think Brix Village Point is also having a New Holland beer dinner at some point, but Chad hasn't gotten his events posted yet.

TomClem likes this.
  28. NEmusky

NEmusky Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2012 Nebraska

GREAT night!
    Hit the town for a very rare and limited local tapping of some of Founder's finest!
    CBS

beernews likes this.
  29. dbossman

dbossman Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2009 Nebraska

Where?

Ristaccia likes this.
  30. Ristaccia

31. NEmusky

NEmusky Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2012 Nebraska

Longwells it was, they said another Lincoln bar got it also. No idea which one though.

32. dbossman

dbossman Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2009 Nebraska

Jakes had it a month ago. It was great.

poopinmybutt likes this.
  33. fds

The Moon has one that will kick within an hour on the 13th, any word on any more in the state? Looking like I'll miss out on it this time around.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  34. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Disciple (398) Sep 24, 2012 Nebraska
    Trader

I'm taking off early from work that day. :slight_smile:

35. fds

Wish I could do the same but I have to get my son from daycare and not sure I want to get in the habit of bringing him to bars with me...yet.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  36. Ristaccia

I'd be a little surprised if Omaha only sees the one, but I haven't heard anything otherwise. Maybe at Wilson & Washburn during their Founders night on the 20th? Though I'd expect one to show up in Benson if anything.

37. BrettHead

There is another keg that will be tapped in Omaha from what I recall.
    I don't know where (haven't asked) but W&W seems like a good bet based on what @Ristaccia said though.

edit: Wow...they served CBS in plastic cups. Insane.

38. ElJosharino

That's weird, I went in on Friday evening and they were serving it in a 12 oz. snifter glass.
    That was my first trip to Longwell's. They had Matt's Burning Rosids on tap for $11 a glass if anyone missed out on that one and is really desperate to try it for some reason. For comparison, Abyss was $10 a glass. CBS was $9. Other things were all over the map.

39. BrettHead

Ah that's good! I just saw a picture of it in a plastic glass on untappd, and I have heard they do that will a lot of beers

40. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (104) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

yeah, longwells pricing is weird/insane. they do get some nice stuff sometimes tho

yia yia's got a keg of vanilla bcbs a couple of weeks ago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.