Beer in Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BeersAndBears, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

I'll be there.

@fds if you missed out on KBS you can buy 2 bottles from my 4-pack (sounds like you did from NLTCB). Two and a draft pour is plenty for me. Cheers

2. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (90) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

only tried it on tap but straight up disliked this years kbs. got some unpleasant green pepper from it.

checked out boiler brewing on saturday and it was pretty cool. kind of has a steampunk/speakeasy thing going on, definitely a different vibe from the other taprooms in lincoln/omaha. didn't get to try all the beers but thought the hoppy offerings... will be excited to try more, esp when (if?) he gets the more experimental stuff going.

hoptheology and BrettHead like this.
  3. Jwacker

Jwacker Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2015 Nebraska

I thought the coconut stout from Boiler was really good. All of the others I tried were pretty solid.

poopinmybutt and BrettHead like this.
  4. poopinmybutt

only tried the toasted variety but yeah, very nice stuff. liquid almond joy.

unrelated q: what kinda prices y'all seeing on blvd hibiscus gose this year?

hoptheology and Jwacker like this.
  5. dennisjames33

dennisjames33 Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2013 Nebraska

Last year it retailed for $9.49 at Beertopia so probably $9.99 at most other places. I don't see why it would be more expensive this year.

6. fds

fds Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2013 Nebraska

Waldo's already in Des Moines, we getting it this week? I am very excited for six packs.

Ristaccia likes this.
  7. BrettHead

On the next Lagunitas truck with Aunt Sally. Truck is due at the warehouse Monday I think. Don't remember for sure. Paging @dennisjames33

8. dennisjames33

They should both at Beertopia on Friday for sure. Maybe we'll get lucky and see them on Tuesday. Premier is pretty good about getting beers checked into their system quickly.

#1928 dennisjames33, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  9. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (137) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Beertopia and Beer Corner USA continues to rock! @dennisjames33 and @BrettHead - LOTS of good things said about you guys on the Chicago Beer Enthusiasts (i.e. Beer Nerds) Facebook page.
    I'll be in town May 16-18, so put your list of "wants" together from the Chicago area and I'll be in touch. ....~Vinnie Z

10. jwwhitney

jwwhitney Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2015 Nebraska

11. dennisjames33

Should be in on Friday along with Aunt Sally.

BrettHead, jwwhitney and Ristaccia like this.
  12. jwwhitney

Thank-you sir

13. dugbrandon

dugbrandon Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2010 Iowa

Probably not the right place but I wanted to offer this to you folks in Omaha.

I will be in town next week Tuesday and Wednesday the 19th and 20th for the Mumford & Sons concert. I'm coming from Des Moines and wanted to see if any of you were interested in any local beer. I was thinking growlers from 515 Brewing or any of the other local breweries in town would be nice for you to try. We don't have a ton of TG that you guys can't get in Council Bluffs but I think I can get some Pompeii and X-Hops Gold bombers and the usual PseudoSue and the other Florida cans. I might even be able to swing down to the Iowa Taproom as they do crowlers and have 120 Iowa beers on tap (menu). I would just be looking for bottles of things I haven't tried $/$. Nothing crazy. Send me a Beer Message if interested.

BrettHead and CowsandBeer like this.
  14. JEREMY2002

JEREMY2002 Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2008 Iowa

I would love some crowlers of Alluvial stuff from the Iowa taproom.

BrettHead likes this.
  15. BrettHead

Bring some 515 growlers to Beertopia and we'll swap you out some fun stuff :slight_smile:

16. dugbrandon

Deal, anything in particular? menu

17. dennisjames33

I don't think any of us would say no to some OJ, Passe or Bogan.

ElJosharino and BrettHead like this.
  18. ElJosharino

ElJosharino Initiate (0) May 3, 2013 Nebraska

Or Hopititis C

BrettHead and dennisjames33 like this.
  19. BrettHead

What they said :grinning:

20. dugbrandon

I'll see what I can do. Say one of each. I'll see if there is anything at Iowa Taproom I think you need. Perhaps some Pulpit Rock.

BrettHead likes this.
  21. BrettHead

Cheers and thanks!

22. BarrelAgeMe

BarrelAgeMe Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2015 Nebraska

Time to play Where's Waldo today

Ristaccia and BrettHead like this.
  23. BrettHead

$10.49 a 6-pack at Beertopia, should be here before long

jwwhitney, Ristaccia and poopinmybutt like this.
  24. poopinmybutt

might head up to omaha tomorrow.. yall omaha peeps know if its worth hitting up the mall of the bluffs hyvee this weekend?

25. BrettHead

Pompeii 3/29 bombers and Surly Xtra

jwwhitney and poopinmybutt like this.
  26. jwwhitney

I believe I saw some Xhops Gold still hanging around at Broadway on Tuesday in front of the register, fwiw.

27. BrettHead

Wasn't there yesterday

jwwhitney likes this.
  28. poopinmybutt

nice, thanks!

jwwhitney and BrettHead like this.
  29. MwMiller330

MwMiller330 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2015 Iowa

Any Waldo remaining?

30. BrettHead

Not at Beertopia, sorry

jwwhitney likes this.
  31. fds

Are either of the Cybies beers from the CS drop before this week's still available anywhere? Guessing not but figure it's possible given the price point.

jwwhitney and BrettHead like this.
  32. BrettHead

Those were pretty limited but you never know!

jwwhitney likes this.
  33. jwwhitney

I am still sitting on my Cybies, from awhile ago, just haven't cracked it yet. I assume stored cold, it should last for a bit? Or should I drink ASAP?

34. BarrelAgeMe

BarrelAgeMe Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2015 Nebraska

Stony Brook Hyvee still has Waldo's as of 1 hour ago. Good thing b/c I couldn't make it to Beertopia in time

BrettHead likes this.
  35. fds

I think I saw someone who posts on this board give a non-Cybies a very bad score on Untappd due to a likely infection issue. Of course I got them all confused when I was at the store the next day so only ended up buying NOB. Not a big deal if they're all gone but wild gladly buy them if any remain.

Who gets GLP shipments? Beertopia, Brix (both?), Stony Brook, Linden Market, and a limited amount to Spirit World?

36. BrettHead

Some people including @ElJosharino gave Serenata (not the one we just got with blueberry but plain Serenata) low scores. I still haven't had it myself although hearing that didn't have me in a hurry to

dennisjames33 likes this.
  37. BrettHead

For maximum fruit character I'd say consume within 6 months of it being bottled give or take

dennisjames33 likes this.
  38. BrettHead

Only Brix west. 180th and Pacific Hyvee gets some stuff. Tweet Matt and he'll give you a full list I'm sure

https://twitter.com/DrinkGoodLife

39. fds

Yeah, that was it. Just searched on Untappd and reread his rating. I did buy the blueberry version this time around since that appears to be fine.

40. ElJosharino

ElJosharino Initiate (0) May 3, 2013 Nebraska

Yeah, the Serenata bottle I opened was a buttery, rubbery mess. Maybe some time sitting in the bottle on a warm shelf will give the Brett a chance to clean it up. I'd had the beer on another occasion (on tap at El Bait, I think) and it was fine, so I'm assuming either batch or bottle variation. The Serenata blueberry I had the other night though, was fantastic.

dennisjames33 and fds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.