Beer in Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BeersAndBears, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fds

fds Initiate (77) Aug 17, 2013 Nebraska

For those curious, it appears the Cybies are gone. Oh well.

2. LarkinW

LarkinW Initiate (124) Dec 23, 2007 Nebraska
    Trader

The first Batch of Serenata Notturna from last year with the waxed tops was Phenominal. I heard a lot of people say that this years was no good. I have a bottle that I have been ignoring since purchase after hearing the mediocre reviews.

3. BrettHead

BrettHead Zealot (504) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Thanks again! Hope you enjoy your beers and concert!

Ristaccia and dennisjames33 like this.
  4. BarrelAgeMe

BarrelAgeMe Initiate (31) Nov 18, 2015 Nebraska

Tilquin on tap at Brix West. Had a glass last night, tasty as always.

Ristaccia and BrettHead like this.
  5. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,237) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Old Chicago on 76th and Dodge has a Brau Bros. Coconut Stout on tap, it's quite delicious as well.

SinjaminBentek likes this.
  6. fds

Anyone know how many Darkness kegs will be in town next week? Probably only have time to make it out for one event, and have only heard of the Moon and Cunningham's so far as having some form of Darkness on tap. I'm wondering if Benson is going to do anything similar.

jwwhitney likes this.
  7. dennisjames33

dennisjames33 Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2013 Nebraska

Sounds like the Moon and Cunninghams got the only Darkness kegs in Omaha according to our Jbros rep.

fds, TomClem and BrettHead like this.
  8. BrettHead

Nonmember will be here before we know it though. #Darkness16 :grinning:

TomClem likes this.
  9. BrettHead

Ugh. November. :sunglasses:

10. BarrelAgeMe

I know we aren't seeing much from Schmaltz Brewing these days, but does anyone know where I can get a bottle of this year's Funky Jewbelation?

11. JCadwell

JCadwell Initiate (48) Nov 5, 2008 Nebraska

Birthday Bomb! spotted around a few Hy-Vee's out west. Anyone heard anything on Sosus in CB?

12. Dr_Fox

Dr_Fox Disciple (378) Jul 29, 2014 Utah
    Trader

Great Lakes (Ohio) resident here. Moving to Salt Lake City in June and will be road tripping through Iowa and Nebraska on I-80. Looking for some help from people who live in the area.

1) Any recommendations for bottle shops reasonably close to I-80 that I could swing into? I'm looking more for places that I can get limited bottles (probably smaller, more hidden) as opposed to massive selection/quantity, but all recommendations are welcome.

2) Recommendations for quality local brewers and beers to pick up if I see them. Obviously, TG is well know, and I'd love to get my hands on any of their beers, but I'm not familiar with many others in those areas.

3) If anyone lives close to I-80 and is interested in setting up an IP trade, message me. I'll be stopping at FFF and can get whatever is available at the brewery at that time. I can also bring Ohio/Michigan goodies and have an extensive cellar. If you've got stuff to trade, let's talk.

Thanks in advance!!

13. LarkinW

LarkinW Initiate (124) Dec 23, 2007 Nebraska
    Trader

Sosus is available in Council Bluffs today at both Hy Vee stores. $14.99 at Madison Ave :astonished: and $11.99 at Broadway.

jwwhitney and BrettHead like this.
  14. BrettHead

I'm biased but I'd just stop at https://www.facebook.com/BeertopiaOmaha

Dr_Fox likes this.
  15. Dr_Fox

Dr_Fox Disciple (378) Jul 29, 2014 Utah
    Trader

BrettHead likes this.
  16. MwMiller330

MwMiller330 Initiate (34) Nov 29, 2015 Iowa

4 bottles of Sosus left at Madison Hyvee, behind counter.

BrettHead likes this.
  17. jwwhitney

jwwhitney Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2015 Nebraska

$14.99! Dang

BrettHead likes this.
  18. fds

I bought a couple other things so didn't notice the 14.99 price tag until after I left. Not too happy about that but not much you can do.

19. jwwhitney

jwwhitney Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2015 Nebraska

I guess except enjoy the Sosus! :wink: Cheers

20. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (107) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

i feel the need to say that $15 is seriously insane for a dipa
    is it dry hopped with gold instead of hops?

beardown2489 and fds like this.
  21. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (554) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

posted this in the "Visiting Lincoln, NE" thread, but figured I would cross-post here since more traffic to this thread and Lincoln is in close enough proximity to Omaha to make it relevant ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a chance to visit Boiler Brewing (new brewery - opened last month in downtown Lincoln) … and put it this way … if you Nebraska peeps are not going there, you are doing it WRONG! :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried 10 brews from Boiler and I was HIGHLY IMPRESSED! 3 of the ten were absolutely outstanding … AlcoHall & Oates (RIS that will be barrel aged for their 1 year anniversary in April 2017) … Hop Heaver Double IPA …. Raspberry Tart (which resembles New Glarus’ offering – that's a good thing).

For a brewery that’s only been open a month, Boiler’s beers are super impressive – rich flavors, nothing thin … easily the best overall lineup I’ve had from any brewery in the state of Nebraska (now I haven't tried them all, but have had my fair share).

Plus the space is super cool … in a basement of a historic building – has this sort of speakeasy steampunk vibe. They also have both crowlers and PINTS TO-GO (to-go pints come in this super cool glass jar thing). Really dug it – I predict much more goodness in the future from these guys. Go there now! :grinning:

22. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (146) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Just a shout out to the guys at Brickway Brewery/Distillery and all the people at Beertopia/Crescent Moon/Beer Corner USA. I'm in Omaha from the Chicago area 3-4 times each year and it's always great, but was really taken care of this time around. Do NOT miss Brickway - always something special on tap and they sell cans/bottles of their stuff too.
    I get to Minneapolis, Des Moines, Madison, Milwaukee but the people in Omaha are just the best!
    [​IMG]

23. poopinmybutt

what local brews have yall been drinking lately?

zip ipa & brickway rasp hef are really great beers imo

24. BarrelAgeMe

I liked Ziplines Double IPA (bomber), and the Tarte Apricot Saison from Neb Brew Co is delicious

25. burtreynoldsmoustache

burtreynoldsmoustache Initiate (64) Jan 15, 2013 Nebraska

Hyvee on 132nd and Dodge has 3 cases of BCBS

26. fds

Heard Goose Island Halia came out but didn't see any at Linden Market. Anyone else seen any?

27. TheHopsman

TheHopsman Defender (639) Apr 7, 2015 Nebraska
    Trader

Yeah, GI Halia is out. It's been around Lincoln at least for a week. At $23 and never had before, I passed. It did sound good though, worth picking up?

28. poopinmybutt

hill farmstead on tap in nebraska is some wild shit :sunglasses:

CowsandBeer and BrettHead like this.
  29. poopinmybutt

did not like this years but ymmv. straight up tasted like champagne to me which just isn't my thing.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  30. dennisjames33

We've got quite a bit at Beertopia.

BrettHead likes this.
  31. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (121) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

FYI, I heard the Hyvee on 90th and Center is just setting out their BCBS. Cost is $9.99

32. BrettHead

Tons of accounts got more BCBS because it's halfway to Black Friday (I guess that's a thing now...). Wish they had just released it all back in November instead of making it artificially more limited.

siouxbrew, TheHopsman and VinHalen54 like this.
  33. thevelvetjones

thevelvetjones Initiate (88) May 15, 2007 Nebraska

Between three different locations in Lincoln, I picked up almost two cases of BCBS in November. They tasted great at first, but the last two I opened have been really off. Hopefully they won't all end up that way. I know this has been discussed almost ad nauseam on the main board, but when I saw it back on the shelves last week, I cringed a little.

BrettHead likes this.
  34. BrettHead

Haven't noticed anything off in mine yet but I am bracing for the worst

35. dennisjames33

Definitely not regretting going light on the BCBS this year. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll buy more than one bottle of 2016. If even that.

BrettHead and BeersAndBears like this.
  36. cran852

cran852 Initiate (102) Mar 31, 2009 Nebraska

I have not had it, but I noticed that it was on tap at Morans if you want to try one of the little sampler size glasses.

TheHopsman likes this.
  37. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,237) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Brought my family to Beertopia today. Just wanted to say I had a great experience and a pleasant conversation with the guys there. The Empyrean Peanut Butter porter I nabbed a crowler of is fantastic! Keep up the good work!:sunglasses:

38. BrettHead

Cheers!

39. ElJosharino

ElJosharino Aspirant (207) May 3, 2013 Nebraska

Cheers from me too! (Depending on what time you were in, you probably either talked to BrettHead or myself).

hoptheology and BrettHead like this.
  40. BrettHead

Hill Farmstead Dorothy at Moon tonight at 5pm. Be there!

jwwhitney and MwMiller330 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.