Beer Karma (cool story bro)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jnorton00, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

I was just at the store and the 4 pack of of Pt5 I grabbed rang up as $5.49. Part of me wanted to go grab the remaining case and a half but the honest person in me told the guy that the price was very wrong. Anyone else run into a similar situation lately?

2. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Nope. I cant say I have found some awesome beer that rang up uber cheap.

Cheers!

3. buffs9

buffs9 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado

Glad you didn't go back. I cringe everytime I read a thread where someone finds out the price is wrong and then buys up a bunch more. Such a dick move.

4. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Michigan

I recently found 2 four-packs of KBS sitting on the shelf of a random grocery store. I grabbed both of them. When the cashier rang them up, she said "this can't be the right price for beer. These should be $9.99". I told her the price she originally had was correct and this was "some pretty good beer".

Prospero likes this.
  5. Heidelberg7

Heidelberg7 Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2008 Illinois

Never happens to me ...................But I did win $2 from a scratch off :slight_smile:

6. atone315

atone315 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

I caught Jewbelation 15:15 2oz at $3.29, and Yeti 22oz at $3.99. All in the last 2 months....

7. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I once came across some Saison-Brett (one of my favorite beers, usually around $14 for a 750) for $9 a bottle or so. I asked the cashier if the price was right, said they might have inadvertently used the listing for Tank 7. Cashier looked up the price and said I was right, it should be marked @ $14 - but sold the bottles to me for $10 because that was how it was currently marked in the cooler. I thought that was fair.

On the other hand, I think I recently paid $16 for a 6-pack of 2012 Bigfoot; ever since I've been seeing them all over for around $12.

Karma works both ways.

8. leedorham

leedorham Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

A local grocery store had Hennepin and Three Philosophers with a 2.49 sale sticker on them a while back. I took 6 of each up to the register. They rang up for more and I made them give me the sale price because I am a dickwad.

Edit: 750's

abecall98, jdrum, dcook11 and 7 others like this.
  9. infi

infi Savant (1,060) Apr 4, 2009 New York
    Trader

My first bottle of Speedway rang up insanely cheap. Insanely.

10. animal69

animal69 Pooh-Bah (1,912) Sep 21, 2007 Louisiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was walkin into a grocery store one time & found a sampler 12 of otter creek in the doorway going out w/ one broke, noone picked it up by the time i left so i assumed the beer gods left it for me since i was broke at the time & it was football sunday, cheers to beer karma !

11. Mohican88

Mohican88 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Ohio

I picked up a Brewdog Paradox Smokehead for $2.50. Since I never tried the beer and had no idea what it actually sold for I didn't even know it was a deal until I saw it again in the same store relabeled correctly at $11. I really like the beer but won't pay that for it.

12. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2008 Oregon

I once discovered the bearer of the One Ring, and it was tempting, but in the end, I thought, "No," and walked away.

Jnorton00 and paulys55 like this.
  13. HoppySuds

HoppySuds Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2011 California

As an owner of a small store I know that sometimes it can be easy for prices to get messed up in the computer. Quite a few of the small breweries reuse their barcodes, so if you have two different beers in the store with the same barcode pricing can get difficult. Also quite often the barcode on the carrier for a 4 or 6 pack is the same as the one on the bottle. So if I price in the singles into the computer then the whole 4/6 pack could come up as the price of the single.

14. asustevo

asustevo Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 North Carolina

My six-pack of Big Foot rang up at 7.99 the other day. I thought it might be off but the guy went and did a price check and said it was right. Turns out today when i see it the price had been changed to 13.99. Woops. Honestly I have never bought Big Foot before, if I had known 13.99 was the right price I would have been honest and had them change it.

15. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

I almost never look at receipts or prices as things are being run up, so if this has ever happened to me probably didn't notice. The one exception was when the waitress at RR forgot to add my FfaC to the bill, I did notice (and correct) that one. That was a $40 correction.

Also, the concept of "karma" is ridiculous.

16. Fubar1453

Fubar1453 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2010 Massachusetts

Seasonals!!! Founders and Sixpoint suck with that stuff.

17. HopsJunkiedotcom

HopsJunkiedotcom Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2010 Florida

I was in Atlanta, picked up a 4 pack of Founders Breakfast Stout(the only one I could find from the stores I checked) and came to find out it only rang up a single bottle, so the 4 pack was $3 or so. I was already well on my way back to FL before realizing it. Oh well, it was just Total Wine, they can eat it.

BeerSingh likes this.
  18. pearljam118

pearljam118 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2008 Pennsylvania

Grabbing a 6 pack of Fireside Chat from this Highway Pizza place in State College PA; the chick at the register didn't know what the price was so she says "well they're cans so it should be $7 like a 6pack of Yuengling". I didn't know how much they cost but I knew it was a few bucks more. I said nothing as the broke college student. I look at it as good karma that just came back for me :slight_smile:

19. mclaughlindw4

mclaughlindw4 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2009 Maine

There use to be a loophole at my local grocery store that allowed me to be 90 minute for a dollar
    And some change. All 'domestic beer' was sold at that price for singles. So, it was a 4 pack for over
    $10 or a bottle for $1. The loophole is now gone.

20. TWStandley

TWStandley Pooh-Bah (2,092) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I found a bottle of 120 minute on a clearance rack at a store in CT for around 3$... Bought it, left, couldnt be happier. Might have said something if it was in a different state, but CT, cmon! I'll just consider it a tax for thinking you can call any team from Boston and/or New York your "home team."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.