Release Beer Made from the Vaginal Lactic Acid of Hot Models Finally Goes on Sale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by NeroFiddled, Aug 3, 2018.

1. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (9,830) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania

5thOhio and JohnnyChicago like this.
  2. Ahonky

Ahonky Initiate (89) Feb 13, 2018 New York

that is absolutely NOT the problem with beer today.

3. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,438) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

I'm inclined to agree with you. One off gimmick beers have always been a part of the scene. When something like this becomes an unavoidable trend, then we'll talk :wink:.

4. Ahonky

Once upon a time a local brewery named Barrier produced a fabulous range of beers across many many styles. Now they pretty much brew "hazy" IPAs only.

That is the problem with beer today.

Brand new breweries coming out of the gate with 7 dollar cans of murky nonsense is what is wrong today.

One trick ponies. The lot of them can die...and they will.

Zorro, 5thOhio, George1005 and 31 others like this.
  5. dennis3951

dennis3951 Champion (818) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

This "story" comes up every few years. The last time it came up it was a brewery in Oregon. It was not true than and I doubt it is now.

5thOhio, FBarber and brutalfarce like this.
  6. Ahonky

exactly. This is harmless, and it a bit funny

7. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Initiate (98) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

Hard to say that's "everything" wrong with beer today. Strange weird and definitely not something I want to try but I don't really like hot pepper in my beer either

woodychandler likes this.
  8. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (1,949) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Premium Trader

The only consistent 'wrong' I find in craft beer is high pricing.

9. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Disciple (386) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

This is just one moron making a single one-off beer. This isn't some industry wide trend causing a problem. Beer will be just fine going forward even with this one existing and getting its fifteen minutes.

RobNewton and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  10. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,619) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

There was a post about Barrier Brewing above.

In a past thread the owner/brewer of Stickman Brewing (Royersford, PA), his name is Ethan Buckman, discussed:

“Hey guys, as a brewer, I'd like to add one thought here that the article doesn't do well to focus on, and that most folks here seem to be missing.

Brewers, like chefs and really any other profession that makes things for people to eat or drink, tend to prefer different items then what the consuming public likes. That's always been the case. I've been a professional brewer for almost 10 years, and what my colleagues were drinking was never the best selling stuff. The idea that brewers are frustrated with the NEIPA because we collectively don't like to drink it is asinine. The idea that we don't like it because it somehow violates some idea of beer purity that beers with coffee or apricot or chile peppers in them do not is equally asinine.

I'll save my opinions about how or why the craze started to myself, but what a lot of our industry guys are frustrated with is the singular focus on this one type of beer, and frankly a general willingness to consume that style feverishly regardless of quality. Other products still being a viable source of income for newer (read, less then 5 years old) breweries is a truth that only exists in the BA forums. My sales, the sales of every other brewery in the area, and the reports the brewers association publishes would all indicate that IPA is now responsible for upwards of 70% of craft beer sales, with all other styles fighting for viability in that other 30%. If I opened a french restaurant, and all of the customers in my town refused to eat anything but chicken fingers, I don't think that many people would be confused about my frustration.

Nobody but beer snobs care what style you drink, I certainly don't, and most brewers don't either. But having customer after customer after customer refuse to even sample anything that doesn't have the letters "IPA" next to it can be grating. Changing style names to IPA and watching sales double and ratings soar on the same exact beer that was getting ripped apart the previous week is even more grating.

The one point is true, all the things most of us profess to love about craft beer will disappear if people surrender to marketing and familiarity over thoughtfulness and experimentation. I'm watching it happen.

end of rant”

https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...than-a-passing-fad.546594/page-5#post-5751281

I must confess that I am personally conflicted on this topic. I personally would not characterize the present day ‘Haze Craze’ as being “wrong”. Craft beer consumers have demands and from a business perspective it is prudent for business owners (i.e., breweries) to recognize these demands and fulfil them (so they can make money to pay their bills –loans, payroll, etc.,).

In all fairness there are lots of beer choices in my area (e.g., Sly Fox Golden Helles, Sly Fox Pikeland Pils, Root Down Low Bridge Lager, St. Benjamin’s Procim Pils, etc.,) so I as a beer consumer I really do not have personal complaints here.

Cheers!

@edb23

P.S. And while I value diversity of beer choices I personally will not be drinking that Polish brewed beer.:flushed:

JimKal, LeRose, Junior and 5 others like this.
  11. elohim

elohim Initiate (151) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

That wasn't what I expected.

12. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Zealot (515) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Trader

This isn't going to be a trend - in general, that's really not a go-to, oh-I-need-more-of-that flavor.

13. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Meyvn (1,297) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Premium Trader

Least it was not the sweat from feet or something like that lol. Like everyone said, its a gimmick beer to get attention etc. Let them have their fun and all, its just for shock factor, its not going to replace the Haze Bro beer. One thing I am waiting to see though is if the PR police go after them and call this sexist....

Bitterbill likes this.
  14. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (84) May 1, 2017 Ohio

Thank you, wise sage.

Although I don't think it's funny. These eyerolling gimmicks do nothing to put beer in a good light, but they do much less harm than the haze craze. However some breweries have made themselves a one trick pony of stupid gimmicks, see BrewDog.

15. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,947) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Premium Trader

By my count, it looks like 10 one-off beers. Make a hell of a variety pack.

johnyb and EvenMoreJesus like this.
  16. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Crusader (780) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

Yeah . . . it kinda is. If someone said, "If you drink only solidly made NEIPAs for the rest of your life, all novelty beer will disappear from the planet.", I might not do it, but I would definitely give some serious thought to jumping on that grenade for my fellow beer drinker.

jakecattleco likes this.
  17. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,314) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

"Today" ? That's so 2005...
    [​IMG]
    Quoting a previous post in an uncited thread, by Stickman Brewing's Ethan Buckman:
    Don't know his or his local competitors' sales, of course, but that doesn't agree with the Brewers Association State of the Industry 2018 video I've watched which has this stat (@16 min.):
    [​IMG]

Perhaps he's confusing growth rate with market share?

#17 jesskidden, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    JimKal, jdhops, woodychandler and 5 others like this.
  18. kinopio

kinopio Aspirant (253) Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts

Girls Gone Wild Yeast

smbslt, Gajo74 and Lahey like this.
  19. Daveshek28

Daveshek28 Initiate (173) Nov 10, 2015 New York

S̶m̶e̶l̶l̶s̶ err, Sounds Fishy

20. Bonedizzle

Bonedizzle Initiate (49) Mar 7, 2016 Nebraska
    Trader

if i see it on the shelf I will probably snatch one up...

21. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,619) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Perhaps Ethan (@edb23) can further share his thoughts with you.

Cheers!

22. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (101) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

FINALLY!

meefmoff and eppCOS like this.
  23. rronin

rronin Initiate (177) Jul 4, 2005 Washington

Now Incels can experience what the rest of humanity has been consuming the old fashioned way for thousands of years without having to go to the trouble of interacting with an actual female. And they owe it all to craft brewing! Take that, InBev!

FBarber, bushycook, cronimi and 7 others like this.
  24. dvmin98

dvmin98 Site Editor (2,638) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Premium Trader

mmmmm salmon stout

Gajo74, Lahey and Daveshek28 like this.
  25. Lahey

Lahey Disciple (315) Nov 12, 2016 Michigan

It's all fun and games until you get an STI from a beer...

BenHoppy and TongoRad like this.
  26. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,049) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Premium

Is that draught only?

27. Lahey

It's gonna be a little akward when ma walks in and they got their ding dong in a glass of beer:stuck_out_tongue:

LuskusDelph, Gajo74 and TongoRad like this.
  28. TongoRad

Premium Trader

"Raymond: Do you want me to pour it Frank?
    Frank Booth: No I want you to fuck it. Shit, yes, pour the fuckin' beer!"

smbslt, bret717, LuskusDelph and 8 others like this.
  29. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,165) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

So what style is the beer? I'll hang up & listen.

FBarber likes this.
  30. TongoRad

Premium Trader

Just make sure you put the bottle in a coozie; or is it the other way around?...

5thOhio, FBarber, LuskusDelph and 6 others like this.
  31. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,157) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Premium Trader

If I were to dream up the most thoroughly skeezy beer possible, it would likely look like this one. My journey into “older” years has robbed me the ability to enjoy sophomoric charm I suppose.

FBarber, LuskusDelph and Lahey like this.
  32. Lahey

Next month they're gonna announce their next beer, "tiger blood ipa". This will carry the charm of charlie sheen stirring each pint with his pecker upon serving. Taproom only, of course:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BenHoppy likes this.
  33. ecpho

ecpho Aspirant (224) Mar 28, 2011 New York

Ok, hold on - just so we are accurate here, as a big Barrier fan - I want to almost agree but recently I bought multiple 4 pack cans of Icculus Kolsch, a Rye DIPA, Goalazo pilsner, and I'm looking out for Simple their Cali Common just released in cans. They still regularly have a cream ale and oyster stout on tap. And you know all of these beers are straight up brewed to style, no gimmicks needed. I do think they make a couple too many NEIPA at the expense of some of my favorite old standbys but they certainly haven't sold out like quite a few NY area breweries. I could go on and on about beers I want to see again - and I do when I contact the brewery. I know they aren't really into chasing trends but they do need to stay competitive so they came out with NEIPAs about a year ago - much much later than everyone else. Even their old flagship, Money IPA (definitely not a NEIPA) was named that to acknowledge the customer response to IPAs.

Gajo74 likes this.
  34. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,947) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Premium Trader

From the linked article: "Each bottle comes with a peel-away label that features the model whose vagina was apparently swabbed to help create the alcohol, and, of course, the 'best sex position' you should be in while consuming the lactic acid-infused liquid."

Collect them all!

35. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Crusader (791) Sep 3, 2010 Illinois

Hey, speak for yourself! I have to fight off models with a mash paddle to keep them from trying to put their chochas in my fermenters!

Seriously though, as with that vaginal yeast beer years ago, I’m legitimately curious about the implementation of their claims. Did they actually sour the wort with with a human-harvested stepped-up strain? Is this craft beer’s first klittel sour? :grin:

It doesn’t look like a sour beer. Did they just adjust their mash pH with supermodel lactic acid? Because then they would have to swab a viable sample (which you could get anywhere on the human body, btw, it’s probably on your earlobe ffs), isolate and propagate a healthy strain, feed the lactobacillis, collect the waste, and concentrate it to usable lactic acid. Seems like a huge pain in the...uh, well...anyway.

Are they just lying? They are totally lying s That’s probably what I would do, right? How do you fact check such a claim?

Also, is this beer vegan?

So many questions!!!!

36. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (1,570) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

Might be interisted if there's a Christie Brinkley bottling.

PaulElk and Vitacca like this.
  37. Scottync

Scottync Initiate (76) Jul 27, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

I think I'd rather drink rubbing alcohol.

38. woodychandler

woodychandler Poo-Bah (8,345) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I might still have some Rogue Beard Beer, in which case, this could make for an interesting blend. It would pair well with clams, oysters & salmon with many types of pie for dessert. I will have an ample supply on hand when I eventually open The Brothel at 420.

39. ingchr1

ingchr1 Initiate (143) Jun 4, 2008 New York

Wonder if they'll age well?

TongoRad likes this.
  40. TongoRad

Premium Trader

That'll have to depend on how loose your definition is.

Ozzylizard likes this.