Beer places near Monterey, TN

Discussion in 'South' started by grelouni, Jun 25, 2018.

1. grelouni

grelouni Initiate (129) Oct 10, 2009 Florida

Driving up to Monterey, Tn this weekend from north Florida to visit family for a few days. I’m looking for suggestions for breweries, bars or restaurants that have a decent beer selection. Did a search on here and it looks to be slim pickings in the immediate area, although Cookeville and Crossville seem to have a couple choices. Sister, BIL, and wife are not huge beer fans as I am, but do enjoy a good beer. Thanks for any recommendations.

2. Askarzy

Askarzy Initiate (114) Jun 6, 2015 Tennessee

Cookeville resident here. We have three breweries. Red silo, jig head, and hix farm. Red silo and hix farm are within walking distance but jig head has the best beer imo. Specifically their Belgians.

Calfkiller over in Sparta the oldest and probably best known local brewery. They are on tap at pretty much any restaurant.

Father toms pub is right around the corner from red silo and is the best tap room within at least 50 miles. Excellent food, 14 taps that are mostly local.

For bottleshops it’s either happy hour or crown wine and spirits. Both usually have a few cans from bearded iris if you are into NEIPA.

Hope this helps. Cheers

3. grelouni

grelouni Initiate (129) Oct 10, 2009 Florida

Thank you, this info is very helpful. When I did a search on here I found most of those listed, but it’s always nice to have local insight. We’ll be there Saturday thru Tuesday, hopefully they’ll be open during that time. Cheers!